Charlie Drake

Billy Dainty

Arthur Askey

Mike and Bernie Winters

Mingin the lot of them!

Newbies-

Russell Brand etc

Feel free to add or disagree.

Forgot that diddy with the bird he sat on,what was his name?

Oh ye...and Max Wall:eek:

Jimmy Tarbuck

I P Knightley
Forgot that diddy with the bird he sat on,what was his name?

Oh, come on! Old wotsisname with the comedy ostrich is comedy royalty.

Just the mere mental image of him struggling to 'control' the bird has me spluttering coffee all over the monitor.

Perhaps it's just as well I can't remember his name as I would be tempted to post an image of him on the ostrich and that would, quite literally, have me rofl.

It wasn't Don McLean but looked a bit like him.

I have to go. My side just split.

Just the mere mental image of him struggling to 'control' the bird has me spluttering coffee all over the monitor.

Perhaps it's just as well I can't remember his name as I would be tempted to post an image of him on the ostrich and that would, quite literally, have me rofl.

Its now bugging me stupid,what was his name SOMEBODY?:eek:

jambos are go!

Lee Evans - A squirm in search of a laugh. Truly dreadful. Took much heart when he was slated on a similar thread a few months ago.

Bernie Clifton?

clifton.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss.....ive just cracked a rib,thinking of this comedy genius:rolleyes:

I saw Paul Merton compereing a show in a small venue in Islington many, many moons ago. He was absolutely dire, as funny as diarrhoea but not as colourful.

That said, I like him now....

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Lenny ****ing Henry.

And every woman comic ever.

Excellent, I agree with both points!

Female comedians are not, and never have been, funny. I don't like that Frankie Boyle either. (Is that his name? Scottish guy off Mock the Week?) All he does is slag off Scotland.

Comedians I do like: Russell Brand, Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr. Among others.

Jim Davidson

Roy 'Chubby' Brown

Reprehensible.

Catherine Tate is a genius compared to Katy Brand, how she got a show I'll never know.

There are a few female comedians I think are okay, I actually like Jo Brand (not to look at) and Lucy Porter is quite good (mostly to look at). Joan Rivers can be very funny, but her comedy is very masculine and aggresive.

I don't find Stephen K. Amos funny at all, or Lee Evans or Lenny Henry, although he was good 30 years ago on Tiswas.

I like Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Jack Dee, Ross Noble and the best stand up I've ever seen is Jerry Sadowitz.

Do we need a comedians thread every week?

Jim Davidson

Roy 'Chubby' Brown

Reprehensible.

Catherine Tate is a genius compared to Katy Brand, how she got a show I'll never know.

There are a few female comedians I think are okay, I actually like Jo Brand (not to look at) and Lucy Porter is quite good (mostly to look at). Joan Rivers can be very funny, but her comedy is very masculine and aggresive.

I don't find Stephen K. Amos funny at all, or Lee Evans or Lenny Henry, although he was good 30 years ago on Tiswas.

I like Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Jack Dee, Ross Noble and the best stand up I've ever seen is Jerry Sadowitz.

Do we need a comedians thread every week?

Can you show me last weeks thread please,till I take some names off it:cool:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Peter Kay

Jim Davidson

Lenny Henry

Harry Enfield (now)

Jack Dee (How come no one has noticed that Lead Balloon is just Curb Your Enthusiam set in London?

Vladimir McTavish

Ian Stone

The last two I wasted ?20 going to see during the festival and have had better nights in shallow frying my testicles

Vladimir McTavish

That man is truly awful. Ive been going to The Stand for a good number of years now and his act hasnt changed at all in that time.

The list of comics I dont find funny is huge so i'll pick a few:

Stephen K Amos. Truly the worst act ive ever seen and was near enough booed off.

Peter Kay. Ive seen guys down the bowling club with the exact same act for years and they arent funny either.

Jimmy Carr. Do I need to say why?

Chubby Brown. See last reason.

Russell Brand

Catherine Tate

Those two ***** from Little Britain

My list is quite large. Maybe someone should do a best comedian list. Have we had one on here yet?

Pretty much any of the regulars on Mock the Week except Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain. Russel Howard particularly is just painfully unfunny.

Any catchphrase comedians. Catherine Tate is as guilty as anyone here.

Ricky Gervais used to be funny but his "fake arrogance" is now tired and constitutes little but genuine arrogance.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
That man is truly awful. Ive been going to The Stand for a good number of years now and his act hasnt changed at all in that time.

I saw him on a Best of Scottish Comedy Bill

If he was the best we're fecked!! I left for the pub at half time after him, some fat gobby weegie bird and a Billy Connolly wannabe telling jokes about dwarfs

I saw him on a Best of Scottish Comedy Bill

If he was the best we're fecked!! I left for the pub at half time after him, some fat gobby weegie bird and a Billy Connolly wannabe telling jokes about dwarfs

I dont know where they get some of those for that bill from?! Best my arse. Unless Joe Heenan is on the bill its not worth mentioning!

The other usual compere, Susan Morrison is awful at doing that job too. Her jokes havent changed much either, though she was quite good doing "Kick Up The Tabloids" when The Stand had that on. It was a bit off the cuff and like a cross between HIGNFY and MOW.

TBH, im quite surprised at the people who mentioned Russell Howard. Ive been going to see him regularly for awhile now, I think he is fantastic. His live act is brilliant and he doesnt repeat any jokes from his TV appearances. But I suppose thats the thing with comedy....

Lenny Henry...No expalnation needed obviously!!

Jo Brand...Being Fat doesn't make you funny...That's what the wife tells me!:eek:

Jim Davidson...:mad:

FRANK CARSON...Had the misfortune of seeing him in Blackpool about 4 years ago, well 10 minutes if Him.

David Walliams & His Fat Bald Mate!

Sue Perkins and her annoying mate.

Ben Elton...Complete T)$$er...

I P Knightley
Bernie Clifton?

clifton.jpg

Wooo. Stobbit, stobbit. I've just about peed maself.

Whoa! Eggo's gone and reminded me of Les Dennis' comedy Mavis... This is too much. My other side's split.

Here's what's not funny: That show they used to have on a Saturday with Henry Kelly, Jeremy Beadle, Sarah Kennedy and the beardy bloke who might also have been called Kelly.

fwiw, I thought The Office was brilliant, Extras less so and I found Gervais's stand up to be well scripted and delivered. The guy himself, though, is irritating.

Wooo. Stobbit, stobbit. I've just about peed maself.

Whoa! Eggo's gone and reminded me of Les Dennis' comedy Mavis... This is too much. My other side's split.

Here's what's not funny: That show they used to have on a Saturday with Henry Kelly, Jeremy Beadle, Sarah Kennedy and the beardy bloke who might also have been called Kelly.

fwiw, I thought The Office was brilliant, Extras less so and I found Gervais's stand up to be well scripted and delivered. The guy himself, though, is irritating.

You're not Game For A Laugh then?

Beadle's About?

Aye a bout of the clap.

Do you know why Beadle never did any of his 'stunts' in Scotland? Cos he'd have got leathered.

"Ha, ha", Beadle removes comedy fake wig and beard, " The jokes on YOU!"

"Is that right"?

Smack!

Beadle falls bleeding to the floor.

I agree with you 100% on Gervias, although I did quite like Extras, the scene with Patrick Stewart is superb.

I P Knightley
without being sexcist, most woman comedians are no where near as funny some men.

I'm intrigued as to what happens when you are sexist :)

The Slither Man....now "starring" in pubs in Benidorm:eek: Spook! that scream of a catchphrase,it still cracks me up:rolleyes:

BrianConley.jpg

For this reason,

51BEWMDSMQL._SS500_.jpg

Why do a large number of comedians think they have the right to sing?? :mad:

Because both Craig & Charlie are awful comedians :rofl::rofl:

The Slither Man....now "starring" in pubs in Benidorm:eek: Spook! that scream of a catchphrase,it still cracks me up:rolleyes:

Roy Jay, I do believe Eggo mate, about as funny as standing on an upturned plug in your bare feckin feet.

Excellent, I agree with both points!

Female comedians are not, and never have been, funny. I don't like that Frankie Boyle either. (Is that his name? Scottish guy off Mock the Week?) All he does is slag off Scotland.

Comedians I do like: Russell Brand, Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr. Among others.

And i see Lee Evans got slagged? Brand is bland. Gervais must be the most overated guy ever. He should have packed in after The Office.

Gimme. Billy Connolly, Lee Evans , Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy..ther`ll be others i can`t remember just now.

Quite like that Mike McIntyre just now too.

alwaysthereinspirit

What's his name and Emu are up there with what's his name and Spitz the dog. Nothing beat Tiswaz on a Saturday morning.

Randle P McMurphy

Kenny Everitt & Benny Hill although there was usually some decent scantily clad women to distract you from the 'jokes'.

Any comedian whose humour seems to revolve around "I'm black, we're not the same as white people, heehee!" or "I'm female, lol, I have periods!"

Gina Yashere, who is sometimes on Mock the Week, stands out. Her humour seems to revolve around shouting about being black and female in a fake Nigerian accent.

I P Knightley
Kenny Everitt & Benny Hill although there was usually some decent scantily clad women to distract you from the 'jokes'.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed. There were jokes?

cleo3.jpg

The Barron Knights....ouch! There goes another rib:)

Seriously, Eggo, you've got to stop!

(What did Dustin Gee ever do?)

siegementality
The worst is Ricky Gervais by a country mile.

Got shown up for the same at that Wembley gig when he had to fill in for a couple of minutes, died stone dead.

Archived