Who will go in the January transfer window ??

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

Lots of talk from Laszlo about us needing to get new players into the club, and as usual no noise from Romanov as to whether he will sanction any incoming players.

I think we'll see offers for Berra, Bruno and Johnnson, and possibly Kingston. If they're decent offers, I'd expect Vlad to grab the money like he did when Vellicka went.

This would be a shame if we're still in with a shout for third place, but who knows what the mad guy will do.

I think Kingston is a cert, provided any bidder is prepared to take a player who plays only where and when he wants!

:Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun:

Selling players who are capable of playing at a higher level than we are as a club is not a problem as long as they go for the right money, although its not what I would like to see.

We are a selling club, and need to understand that.

The question is, how many will go to the OF?

And that includes from other teams in the SPL.

Jam Tarts 1874
Lots of talk from Laszlo about us needing to get new players into the club, and as usual no noise from Romanov as to whether he will sanction any incoming players.

I think we'll see offers for Berra, Bruno and Johnnson, and possibly Kingston. If they're decent offers, I'd expect Vlad to grab the money like he did when Vellicka went.This would be a shame if we're still in with a shout for third place, but who knows what the mad guy will do.

Just like when money was grabbed in the summer when offers were received for Driver, Berra, Goncalves and Kingston? :rolleyes:

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Bruno ? His contract is up soon , doubt Hearts will offer him the same money

It's the kind of thing that happens at Tynecastle when a player is doing well

Kingston

Mole out on loan to Livi with Elliot returning

Hopefully Jamie Mole, and make the Elliot move permanent then bring in a couple of proper Strikers to take their place.

Sydney from Sydney
Just like when money was grabbed in the summer when offers were received for Driver, Berra, Goncalves and Kingston? :rolleyes:

I see your point mate but the credit crunch is biting and the mad bloke is in the finance game. Watch this space.

If Bruno isnt sold, and then plays for the majority of his remaining time until the summer this would be a wholesale change in attitudes at the club. This will be one of the more interesting side shows for the remainder of the season

That said, if Vlad can get ?300k or so for him I can see him going.

Same goes for Karipidis (although, whilst I like him - if he isnt playing at CB and is only viewed as a DM then I'd be quite happy with this. It might force us to play a midfielder in there)

Kingston is a stick on, and I guess (although he is the most talented player at the club) we are seeing a Larry that has already mentally "signed out" of the club, so we just have to live with it.

IF somebody knocked on our door with ?2m plus for Berra or ?1m plus for Driver I cant actually see us rejecting those

I guess it comes down to 1. what offers are put in, 2. just how skint we are, and 3. what players, if any, are hawked around UK/Europe by the club like the January we sold Hartley.

To be honest I'd be happy if outgoing players were simply replaced with some of the youth / reserve guys.

We have seen over recent games the less Kaunas players in the team the better and I genuinely cant see any mainstream signings materialising

ArmiyaRomanova

Karapidis - May still want to return to Greece for family reasons, so if there's an offer from there for him, I think he'll go.

Makela.

Mole - entirely ineffective in our current set-up and needs to go somewhere else to regain confidence.

Kingston - I'd really like us to hang on to him, but if the right offer comes in I'm sure he'll be off.

Ksanavicius - But I don't think we're likely to make any money from him.

I cant see any of the lithuanians leaving including Audrey. His contract is till June 09 so they wont cut it early. Cheap wages.

I reckon Nade could be off aswell if we get a half decent offer.

jamboinglasgow
I reckon the players leaving will be

Makela, Kingston, Karapidis and a couple of younger players.

curious to ask which ones of the youngsters you reckon? Is it ones you think dont make the grade or the 5 year contract ones who we have been trying to get rid of for a while. Or even some of our talented ones.

Think we'll see bids for;

Jonsson

Kingston

Berra

Bruno

Fingers crossed only Kingston will go but I fear all 4 could go.

There's obviously others that should go but I doubt we'll see them go as no one will want them.

I just reckon we will try to punt some of the players who wont make it but are playing in the reserves like McLaughlin and Mackle etc. Ones aged 20-22ish. We've been trying to ship them out for a while but with their deals nearing their end they should be alot more willing to take cash and find a new club you would think.

I'm pretty hopefuly and optomistic that between January and the start of next season we will of cleared out all the ****e in the squad and be able to start again basically with the core of the squad being

Balogh/Mcdonald, Eggert, Berra, Wallace, Driver, Glen with a few more hopefully coming through.

People like Husband, Glen, Temps, Branny(If still here), Jonny Brown, Rapnik should all be pushing for places in the first team squad and hopefully make a few more appearances this year with them being really ready for next season.

Hopefully sign a couple of old heads in Jan/July - maybe an old Pressley like centre back and a level headed hard working central midfielder to bring some experience. A wee poaching striker would be a bonus too :) but might be asking too much. Is 3 players too much to ask for :D

Nelly Terraces

So, reading through the various posts so far, that's just about everyone up for sale/wanting to leave/leaving.

Might take ma boots down to Tynie on 3rd Jan, just in case they're short of numbers to make up the team. Prob still beat the lochend *****, even wi me playin.:)

Makela, Audrey, Mole (maybe on loan) and Larry are all players i'd expect to be leaving.

I also think it's highly likely that Clum will return.

Archived