They've Shown Their Class Another Couple of Times in the Past Week Or So

Makween

No, just that certain posters are very Celtic Minded.

dont care if they are catholic or not.

"Celtic minded" is one of these nonsense terms that has arisen in recent years. It's a way Celtic fans have of describing their "heritage" that makes them out to be, in their eyes, non-sectarian.

I doubt if many posters here are Celtic minded. I cannot think of any.

Guest Dipped Flake
"Celtic minded" is one of these nonsense terms that has arisen in recent years. It's a way Celtic fans have of describing their "heritage" that makes them out to be, in their eyes, non-sectarian.

I doubt if many posters here are Celtic minded. I cannot think of any.

According to some if you don't agree that the huns are our brothers in arms then you are a died in the wool tim, although I do live in the hope that at least one of them is on one huge windup as surely nobody could be so dumb or sad.

celtic minded appears to be the made up term for poems who don't agree with what's being said by the rangers fans in hearts clothing who post on this board.

Although it's going to come across that I have a Rangers bias, I can never understand why people hate Rangers as much as Celtic.

Rangers, as a club have a fair few admirable traditions etc.

Celtic, on the other hand are simply filth from top to bottom.

Any updates on these noble traditions yet?

Guest S.U.S.S.
celtic minded appears to be the made up term for poems who don't agree with what's being said by the rangers fans in hearts clothing who post on this board.

idiotic post.

idiotic post.

Heh heh heh, I'll give you that mobile internet doesn't make for great posting - I meant posters not poems, however it's not more idiotic than someone saying Rangers have some admirable traditions.

both side of the OF are complete ^^^^s

Although it's going to come across that I have a Rangers bias, I can never understand why people hate Rangers as much as Celtic.

Hear hear. Well said that man.

Eh? Rangers have one admirable tradition, and that is: Hating Celtic.

Celtic also have one admirable tradition: Hating Rangers.

Eh? Rangers have one admirable tradition, and that is: Hating Celtic.

Celtic also have one admirable tradition: Hating Rangers.

When you put it like that - I had never looked on it in that way good point well made.

Victor Meldrew

Still waiting to hear what people think are Rangers' admirable traditions.

The only Rangers traditions I can think of are:

(1) Discriminating against Roman Catholics

(2) Profound arrogance

(3) Crowd trouble

Paisley Jambo
Surely the poll says that we are capable of expressing our own opinions regardless of what some people think we should think.

Feel free to think what you wish.

I know Celtic were only SPL club not to commemorate the mins silence for war dead and that says it all for me.:mad:

What have Rangers got to do with a Celtic youth player btw?

Fair point. Though I struggle to see what Celtic really have to do with the behaviour of one individual anyway...

I see Rangers as "British" and Celtic as Irish. One's as bad as the other in my opinion.

It's surprising that, whilst underhand, sly accusations of bigotry are and always have been all the rage on Kickback, this poisonous little outburst has slipped under the radar.

What's wrong with being either British or Irish, Sydney? Not that the Dhims are actually, Irish - which is the whole point. In fact, although this is going off on a tangent, most Irish people hate the Dhims' plastic paddy leanings.

...One England and the other Republic of Ireland...Scottish football for Scotsmen....

These two snippets are really funny. Which see themselves as English? When was Scottish football last "for Scotsmen"? What about foreigners? Or even women, for that matter, you big sexist?

What have Rangers got to do with a Celtic youth player btw?

Some people on this board see everything through the blinkers of Old Firm rivalry. :sad:

Fair point. Though I struggle to see what Celtic really have to do with the behaviour of one individual anyway...

He plays for Celtic. What does some guy in Norwich who likes writing blogs have to do with Heart of Midlothian?

It's surprising that, whilst underhand, sly accusations of bigotry are and always have been all the rage on Kickback, this poisonous little outburst has slipped under the radar.

What's wrong with being either British or Irish, Sydney? Not that the Dhims are actually, Irish - which is the whole point. In fact, although this is going off on a tangent, most Irish people hate the Dhims' plastic paddy leanings.

These two snippets are really funny. Which see themselves as English? When was Scottish football last "for Scotsmen"? What about foreigners? Or even women, for that matter, you big sexist?

Some people on this board see everything through the blinkers of Old Firm rivalry. :sad:

He plays for Celtic. What does some guy in Norwich who likes writing blogs have to do with Heart of Midlothian?

Another superb, penetrating post, Fraser. Keep up the good work, kiddo.

indeed i beleve your correct from what i heard from people visiting ect but this is a quote not from follow follow or the scottish media but THE IRISH INDEPENDENT opinions section

"OOOH, WE'RE OFFENDED

The rivalry between Rangers and Celtic has long been a source of amusement -- two sets of fans, one pretending to be Irish, one pretending to be British, both of them rubbish.

And the levels of righteous indignation felt by Celtic fans has reached unprecedented levels in the wake of the Hun fans and their so-called Famine Song, which includes the line, 'the Famine's over, why don't you go home' to the tune of the Beach Boys' Sloop John B.

It seems harmless enough, but now John Reid and this column's old and dear friend George Galloway have stuck their oar in, with Galloway running to parliament claiming that the ditty is racist and Reid calling for the arrest of anyone caught singing the song.

Oh well, nice to see everyone's keeping a sense of perspective about it.

Not.

and before anyone starts on me i could not give less of a **** about it one way or the other its the opinion of one of the leading Irish republics broadsheets and i felt it was refreshing to see a bit of foreign sarcasm thrown at the gruesome twosome

Any updates on these noble traditions yet?

Rangers players were not permitted to have facial hair up until souness arrived. Apart from john greig sidies.

Another superb, penetrating post, Fraser. Keep up the good work, kiddo.

Since when are we on first name terms, you weirdo?

"OOOH, WE'RE OFFENDED

The rivalry between Rangers and Celtic has long been a source of amusement -- two sets of fans, one pretending to be Irish, one pretending to be British, both of them rubbish.

And the levels of righteous indignation felt by Celtic fans has reached unprecedented levels in the wake of the Hun fans and their so-called Famine Song, which includes the line, 'the Famine's over, why don't you go home' to the tune of the Beach Boys' Sloop John B.

It seems harmless enough, but now John Reid and this column's old and dear friend George Galloway have stuck their oar in, with Galloway running to parliament claiming that the ditty is racist and Reid calling for the arrest of anyone caught singing the song.

Oh well, nice to see everyone's keeping a sense of perspective about it.

Not.

That's exactly what I mean. Ireland is a progressive nation, and has nothing to do with that bunch of mhanks.

Archived