Good habits

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Winning - clean sheets - putting a wee run together - racking up the points, etc...what's not to like?

January's transfer window is crucial - if we can move on some of the passengers and bring in some quality, things could be looking up!

Rome wisnae built in a day!

Just great to see the team winning!

'mon!

Delighted that we won and kept the winning run going.

Great credit to the team and to Csaba.

There is no doubt that the gaffer has the team united, and playing as a unit.

However, we are not the finished article yet, and I hope the manager gets the chance to shape the squad come January. I think we could all ask questions about formations, tactics, long-terms goals; yet somehow there doesn't seem the need today.

The bottom line is that I am more than happy to see the team winning games, and that's all that matters.

Buffalo Bill

Johanes de Silentio
Stop the common sense mate.

Aye, sorry about that, Dave - I dinnae ken whit came ower me! Steady as we go!

Al.

Johanes de Silentio
we are not the finished article yet...

Bang on - plenty of room for improvement.

Still...guid habits...points make prizes!

Johanes de Silentio
Csaba Out.

You're entitled to your opinion, mate - but, why in particular - if you dinnae mind me askin'?

Aye, sorry about that, Dave - I dinnae ken whit came ower me! Steady as we go!

Al.

Dinnae worry. Buy me a pint at the Argyle Neuk and I'll let you off..

You're entitled to your opinion, mate - but, why in particular - if you dinnae mind me askin'?

I'm being facetious buddy.

:)

Johanes de Silentio
Dinnae worry. Buy me a pint at the Argyle Neuk and I'll let you off...

Always happy to stand you a beer, Davie-boy - however, It's your fechin' roond!

Bit of a love-in the nicht is it no'?

I'm wearing beads, flowers, and a kaftan - keep the one-nils comin', Csaba!

Al.

Delighted that we won and kept the winning run going.

Great credit to the team and to Csaba.

There is no doubt that the gaffer has the team united, and playing as a unit.

However, we are not the finished article yet, and I hope the manager gets the chance to shape the squad come January. I think we could all ask questions about formations, tactics, long-terms goals; yet somehow there doesn't seem the need today.

The bottom line is that I am more than happy to see the team winning games, and that's all that matters.

Buffalo Bill

I think we are moving in the right direction, but the ratio will be 4 out for 1 in at best come January, guaranteed.

I'm happy enough with that.

At the moment we're doing exactly what it says on the tin.

We're maybe fortunate that everyone seems to be mediocre and no one has really broken away as best of the rest as yet.

It's even tighter than normal at the moment, we were 8th 3 games ago and now sit in 3rd without being brilliant, hopefully there's more to come from us so that we can push on further.

We've wasted so many transfer windows of late, please let's use this one to our advantage.

I can guarantee if we win 1-0 next week all hell will break lose, and Csaba should go etc etc etc.

I will remain content that Heart of Midlothian will remain no lower than 4th if they lose next week whilst also cursing the fixture list and await other teams to pick up points from teams that we have/haven't..... if that makes sense then I've had less booze or more than you....

At the moment we're doing exactly what it says on the tin.

We're maybe fortunate that everyone seems to be mediocre and no one has really broken away as best of the rest as yet.

It's even tighter than normal at the moment, we were 8th 3 games ago and now sit in 3rd without being brilliant, hopefully there's more to come from us so that we can push on further.

We've wasted so many transfer windows of late, please let's use this one to our advantage.

Maybe. It's quite normal for the SPL though. Hearts 05/6, Hibs 00/1 and Hearts 97/8 (old money ;)) are exceptions; but very often, no side breaks away, and 57-60 points gets you very close to 3rd, or is maybe even enough. It might well end up like that this season too - though that said, United, Aberdeen and Falkirk have all picked up after rotten starts, and are all likely to be a threat of some sort: the Arabs especially.

For some reason Shaun,you seem to be on here 24/7. (Warning!! About to embark on some mutual admiration which will only work if reciprocated!!!).

But anyway, you seem to make considered posts unlike some(including myself!) and I kind of get the feeling that we should aim our expectations as low as poss. I'm sure most fans should be aware that we do not have a particularly good squad at the moment especially the striking options.

However, contradictory to what I've just said I happen to believe that there are good players and hence a good squad. I think that some players and indeed fans are being re-educated with regards football... Eggy as a RD/RM, positions he is learning about but is still competent at and of course DC/CM. I think this is a positive that we have someone that can play in these positions. Why the resistance towards Eggy and Karapidis being employed in new positions? (Ok for FM but not us....)

Why the erection for 4-4-2? What if that did not work?

Apologies for spraffing.......

However, I think it wise to remain cautious but I do not think any on here would even think about making any grand predictions purely because their fingers have been burnt previously. So, I'll remain happy liviing in the moment as a Heart of Midlothian supporter and at this moment we are 3rd.

For some reason Shaun,you seem to be on here 24/7. (Warning!! About to embark on some mutual admiration which will only work if reciprocated!!!).

But anyway, you seem to make considered posts unlike some(including myself!) and I kind of get the feeling that we should aim our expectations as low as poss. I'm sure most fans should be aware that we do not have a particularly good squad at the moment especially the striking options.

However, contradictory to what I've just said I happen to believe that there are good players and hence a good squad. I think that some players and indeed fans are being re-educated with regards football... Eggy as a RD/RM, positions he is learning about but is still competent at and of course DC/CM. I think this is a positive that we have someone that can play in these positions. Why the resistance towards Eggy and Karapidis being employed in new positions? (Ok for FM but not us....)

Why the erection for 4-4-2? What if that did not work?

Apologies for spraffing.......

However, I think it wise to remain cautious but I do not think any on here would even think about making any grand predictions purely because their fingers have been burnt previously. So, I'll remain happy liviing in the moment as a Heart of Midlothian supporter and at this moment we are 3rd.

You're right: I am on here too much! :eek: 24/7 tends to refer to my work ethic: 24 hours a week, seven months a year. Bloody students, eh? :)

But I agree. There's nothing to get carried away about at present - but Hearts fans have taken so much **** for the past couple of years. And now, finally, there are some reasons to be cheerful again - which is great. Caution should be a watchword for us all; but it's just so good to see the team winning and making steps forward, even if they're only small ones. :)

You're right: I am on here too much! :eek: 24/7 tends to refer to my work ethic: 24 hours a week, seven months a year. Bloody students, eh? :)

But I agree. There's nothing to get carried away about at present - but Hearts fans have taken so much **** for the past couple of years. And now, finally, there are some reasons to be cheerful again - which is great. Caution should be a watchword for us all; but it's just so good to see the team winning and making steps forward, even if they're only small ones. :)

I am a student, allbeit mature(>25<30!) and for more than seven months.... no 3 month summer holiday only 3 wks in summer.. Anyway, I digress.

My point exactly, we have been through the mill and so are less inclined(?) to enjoy the good times. Still think if we win 1-0 next week, meltdown will occur.

ps how does one highlight and quote?

I am a student, allbeit mature(>25<30!) and for more than seven months.... no 3 month summer holiday only 3 wks in summer.. Anyway, I digress.

My point exactly, we have been through the mill and so are less inclined(?) to enjoy the good times. Still think if we win 1-0 next week, meltdown will occur.

ps how does one highlight and quote?

Click the asterisk key two from the top right on the reply screen. That should do it, I think.

Archived