We are building the foundations

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

On the live blog Lawerence described that at the moment Casba is currently building the foundations for Hearts. In that he said it was the academy being built up was the first part of the foundations.

To me that made sense, one thing is that Csaba is certainly acting like he will be here a few seasons so needs time to build things up. If he gets the academy right, then it will produce the nessecary system that will bring players through. I am confident if that can be achieved then we could do similar things to Arsenal in terms of have a team that could allow young players to come in at the right times.

I do think that Csaba needs patitence and matches like today are part of that. We need wins, it builds the team up, it creates a good feeling among the players which has been lacking over the last few seasons. I know it is not nice when we win ugly but when the conditions are right than I feel that Csaba will bring in better looking football that can win.

So I say we are still building the firm foundations, but if they are built solid and firm they could support a great team in the future, but patience is needed.

My Brother in law was reffing the U-19's v Celtic today and said they were awesome. (Won 3-0)

He said the lad Wagner we got from Hubz looked thepart as did quite a few of the others and that they played very, very well.

So to relate to your OP, it could well be that the future is indeed bright.

The pimple on my behind knows more about football than Lawrence, so unless someone told him to write that, how would he know?

The pimple on my behind knows more about football than Lawrence, so unless someone told him to write that, how would he know?

If someone told me the Edinburgh basketball team were going to start playing a more defensive formation I could pass it on. I've never had the urge to watch glorified netball.

jamboinglasgow
My Brother in law was reffing the U-19's v Celtic today and said they were awesome. (Won 3-0)

He said the lad Wagner we got from Hubz looked thepart as did quite a few of the others and that they played very, very well.

I agree with you, there is definatly a difference in the U19s from last season. One reason I think is a reason for that is there is a small set of players playing reguarly, the best ones have already moved to the reserves. As another poster stated in a different thread, the U19s could have Husband, Brown, Rapnik and Glen who are all eligable for the team but are being kept for reserve football.

To me I still think each year of the academy will outdo the previous year as the skills being taught are getting better each year. And I think Csaba has an input in that which will benefit it even further. I think there will be a few additions come January or the summer in terms of people brought into the club at that level. That is something Csaba wants to do.

jamboinglasgow

to be fair to him he is at the club as a job so sees more behind the scenes and talks to many people who are doing this and obviously Csaba so knows a bit. But I used what he said as it was a good quote to use and thought it summed up things well.

jambos are go!

I was at the game and they were very good but they were not awesome. Just like the referee.

Boris - your bro in law needs to practice his running backwards.

:D

He also needs to learn how to start a taxi - even with 2 sets of keys. :cool:

I knew you had dodgy relatives ! ;)

. I am confident if that can be achieved then we could do similar things to Arsenal in terms of have a team that could allow young players to come in at the right times.

Please never ever compare our academy to arsenal - like comparing a porsche wi a lada surely? Gary glen or Carlos Vela???!?!?!?!?!?!?:P;)

jamboinglasgow
Please never ever compare our academy to arsenal - like comparing a porsche wi a lada surely? Gary glen or Carlos Vela???!?!?!?!?!?!?:P;)

obviously I dont mean that we are Arsenal, but it can be run similar and on a smaller scale. We will never have a player like Vela, Walcott and Cesc Faba (though Ironicly those players came through other youth academies.) But we can take their atitudes, their mentality and their methods to do something similar.

Archived