Are Liverpool the real thing this season? (NHC)

shaun.lawson

As it says on the tin. Currently 2 up at Bolton. I doubt it personally - Liverpool remind me of Arsenal last season, and I still fancy Chelsea and eventually United to overhaul them - but they do seem much more solid and reliable, and they often hit their straps in the second half of the season too.

What do others think?

The scallies are better than last year, but they won't top Chelsea FC over the course of a season.

Blue is the colour.....;)

Think there needs to be strengthening of the squad as a whole to have a real chance of winning the EPL. As the defeat against Tottenham showed, the second string Liverpool needs a few quality additions.

Man Utd and Chelsea both have that strength in depth, but Liverpool and Arsenal don't seem to have it, relying on youngsters as back-up.

Better than last year, still can't see them finishing 1st or even coming close to though. Depending on how the debt situation works out in January they might not even finish in the 'Top 4' tbh.

Think there needs to be strengthening of the squad as a whole to have a real chance of winning the EPL. As the defeat against Tottenham showed, the second string Liverpool needs a few quality additions.

Man Utd and Chelsea both have that strength in depth, but Liverpool and Arsenal don't seem to have it, relying on youngsters as back-up.

And the concern must be the doubts over Liverpool's financing. I've no doubt they'll be OK - they're far too big a club not to be snapped up by someone with seriously deep pockets - but for it to happen now is deeply unfortunate. This could be Liverpool's best shot at the title for years to come.

As much as I want the mighty Reds to win the league and this year we have actually managed to maintain a decent start, I still think that 3rd may be where we finish.

Expectations under wraps (for the moment:) )

the sub goalie

Still don't think they have enought to win it, could be a shout for the Champions League though!!

I think the top 3 will finish....

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

Still don't think they have enought to win it, could be a shout for the Champions League though!!

I think the top 3 will finish....

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

Agreed.

Best start in a long time from the scouse, to be fair, but I just don't see them doing it. IMO they do not have the quality from the wings that Chelsea and Man U have. I reckon Chelsea Champs, Man U second and the scouse...

Depends, if they carry the luck they always get from refs and decisions going their way and don't drop silly points at home they might just do it. They're like smeltic, jammy barstewards all the time and decisions always going their way i.e gerrards dive the other week in europe getting a pen and the non goal they scored v chelsea in the champs league being glaring examples of luck and bias

Depends, if they carry the luck they always get from refs and decisions going their way and don't drop silly points at home they might just do it. They're like smeltic, jammy barstewards all the time and decisions always going their way i.e gerrards dive the other week in europe getting a pen and the non goal they scored v chelsea in the champs league being glaring examples of luck and bias

Whereas Chelsea or United get no luck or bias at all, eh? :rolleyes:

I think Liverpool have the best chance they've had in years for the title, however the major cloud on the horizon is that their owners have to repay a hefty wedge to RBS and Wachovia around January time which may lead to player sales...

Stupid Sexy Flanders

In more ways than one, hope they win hee-haw.

I think this is the only season in a long time where they can be called serious contenders.

Come January, the spending of one the big four could put one of the ahead.

Nobody knows if it was a goal or not. Ref said after if goal not given would have gave a pen and sent of cech

Chelsea FC will humiliate Monkey Head's XI this evening. Fact.

Blue is the colour........;)

Why so bitter?

They are NOTHING like or have ANY connection to thellick.

Gerrard did not dive and as for the 'non goal', yes you may have a point but most supporters wouldn't give a feck if it went for them.

Regardless, my expectations have yet to be raised.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Why so bitter?

They are NOTHING like or have ANY connection to thellick.

Gerrard did not dive and as for the 'non goal', yes you may have a point but most supporters wouldn't give a feck if it went for them.

Regardless, my expectations have yet to be raised.

Sorry, but he blatantly did.

rudi must stay
As it says on the tin. Currently 2 up at Bolton. I doubt it personally - Liverpool remind me of Arsenal last season, and I still fancy Chelsea and eventually United to overhaul them - but they do seem much more solid and reliable, and they often hit their straps in the second half of the season too.

What do others think?

they seem to be better in the games they are expected to win, they're also beating their rivals. So they could definatly win the league this season imo

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Much as I think they're nowhere near as good a team as their fans believe, it would be nice to see Liverpool do it and have a new-ish name on the trophy. But, is it just me, or is the real excitement in the EPL from positions 5 to 20? This season more than most I rarely look at the top 4 (couldn't even tell you the order they're in) but there's only about four points between 10th and 20th.

Much as I think they're nowhere near as good a team as their fans believe, it would be nice to see Liverpool do it and have a new-ish name on the trophy. But, is it just me, or is the real excitement in the EPL from positions 5 to 20? This season more than most I rarely look at the top 4 (couldn't even tell you the order they're in) but there's only about four points between 10th and 20th.

Exactly the same as the SPL, of course. Money and the CL talks; the rest is fiercely competitive, but mediocre.

I too would like to see Liverpool do it - but struggle to see it happening to be honest.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Exactly the same as the SPL, of course. Money and the CL talks; the rest is fiercely competitive, but mediocre.

I too would like to see Liverpool do it - but struggle to see it happening to be honest.

I'm finding that more and more Shaun. When I look at the Bundesliga or La Liga my eyes almost glaze over names like Bayern and Barcelona. I couldn't give a stuff about any of them. Couldn't care less who sneaks it between Barca and Real, Man U and Chelsea, Celtic and Rangers etc. But the fact Hoffenheim are second in Germany is very exciting. They're becomming my team this year. Also, the only CL games I can muster any excitement for are the ones with a smaller team punching above their weight. It makes me wonder who these people are that fotball chairman try to convince us want a regular Euro super league. If anything it would be good to get these behemoths out of their respective leagues until the dream dies and they come crawling back.

I'm finding that more and more Shaun. When I look at the Bundesliga or La Liga my eyes almost glaze over names like Bayern and Barcelona. I couldn't give a stuff about any of them. Couldn't care less who sneaks it between Barca and Real, Man U and Chelsea, Celtic and Rangers etc. But the fact Hoffenheim are second in Germany is very exciting. They're becomming my team this year. Also, the only CL games I can muster any excitement for are the ones with a smaller team punching above their weight. It makes me wonder who these people are that fotball chairman try to convince us want a regular Euro super league. If anything it would be good to get these behemoths out of their respective leagues until the dream dies and they come crawling back.

Hoffenheim are another Livingston or Gretna, EH. It's refreshing - but no fairytale, and has ****ed off most old skool fans in Germany. Personally, I'd love to see Hamburg do it because of Jol - or failing that, Bremen, who keep knocking on the door and can't quite do it somehow.

But I agree entirely with what you say about the various leagues. It's the same story everywhere - and appalling though the behaviour of the EPL, SPL, SKY etc is, it's UEFA who have most to answer for. The CL has created this problem across Europe.

Chelsea FC will humiliate Monkey Head's XI this evening. Fact.

Blue is the colour........;)

Starting with a goal from Bosingwa. 1-0 to the Mighty Blues.

Sorry, but he blatantly did.

No, he did not.

Mr Gerrard decided to challenge for the ball, the defender decided to make a challenge but in an unfair way. If the defender had let Mr Gerrard, go for the ball unrestricted the result would probably have been a goalkick.

I shall remain, the 1-0 queen......

Still awaiting, why are you so bitter? Liverpool have no connection with smeltic. Especially as LFC started playing in blue!!! No connection with Sellick..

Best start in a long time from the scouse, to be fair, but I just don't see them doing it. IMO they do not have the quality from the wings that Chelsea and Man U have. I reckon Chelsea Champs, Man U second and the scouse...

where were the quality on the wings when liverpool done both them

No, the Scousers will manage to make a ^^^^ of it somehow.

Just like they always do.

if making a ^^^^ of it means you are the most sucsesfull team in the country than i would take that any day .spam valley

if making a ^^^^ of it means you are the most sucsesfull team in the country than i would take that any day .spam valley

Well Said Artful, Chelsea hahahahaaha new boys on the block.

I think the difference with the "Pool" this season is they are more capable of going to the Bolton's, Man City's etc and getting the 3 points where as previous years they were liable to get a stuffin.

More attacking options especially away from home.

The title? If you gave me a grand NOW I would put it on the "new boys" who look very strong and scoring bucket loads although we stuffed them at the Stamford:p

Come on Rafa

Well Said Artful, Chelsea hahahahaaha new boys on the block.

I think the difference with the "Pool" this season is they are more capable of going to the Bolton's, Man City's etc and getting the 3 points where as previous years they were liable to get a stuffin.

More attacking options especially away from home.

The title? If you gave me a grand NOW I would put it on the "new boys" who look very strong and scoring bucket loads although we stuffed them at the Stamford:p

Come on Rafa

they may not win it but they are hated more than anyone because they ruled the place and nobody or no one has since

bigis semiauskas
they may not win it but they are hated more than anyone because they ruled the place and nobody or no one has since

HAHAHAHA! where have you been,in a coma?

Giggsy has 10 Premiership Medals in his back poke,

how many combined do the entire pool team have,

You could say Man U 'rule'. PWOUD,VEWY PWOUD!

Always a MANC hingin aboot like a bad smell:p

Bigis come back on this thread when the "hey are u MAN u" win 5 of the Big Ones!!

I doubt you will see that in your lifetime though:rolleyes:

they rule nothing if they ruled anything they would rule england and europe at the same time over a few seasons no teapot

Yawn.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Better than last year, still can't see them finishing 1st or even coming close to though. Depending on how the debt situation works out in January they might not even finish in the 'Top 4' tbh.

They will 100% finish in the top 4.

What have you been smoking?

What do others think?

Dont know how you can compare liverpool to last years arsenal, shaun.

Arsenal's football last year at times was scintillating, the opposite of the reds this year. On the plus side for liverpool, they are nowhere as easy to beat as the gunners and have a far higher level of consistency. If Torres and Keane can eventually gel i'd say they have a great chance of winning the league. I hope so anyway.

Archived