Rugby

I.J

Pffft.

Next you'll be telling me that they don't drink pints of each others urine, and follow it up with a jolly game of "soggy biscuit".

Preposterous.

:P

IJ will be glad to know that The third Autumn Test (vs Canada) is going to be staged in Aberdeen and so is unlikely to have much impact on the Diggers.

Maybe they'll show it at the diggers?

Sorry to return to rugger chat, but the main problem for my money has been the continuation of the Scottish granny trend, or should I say, the continuation of playing Dan Parks. If someone is going to come on and play a mediocre game in our national colours, at least let it be a Scotsman. To have an aussie miss kick after kick and make poor decision after poor decision is galling to say the least.

While we are never going to win the world cup (but then it's not like New Zealand have done a good job of this either) but we may in the medium term be able to compete at six nations again.

No doubt.

I actually had to go to the Tynie Arms on Saturday just to see Jeff and the boys - two TV's in the Diggers both showing rugger.

I say.

:sad:

Girls ... girls ... stop fighting ...

I'm just worried that one of these rugger types will try and place a pool cue somewhere uncomfortable about my person.

They have previous, you know.

;)

Sorry to return to rugger chat, but the main problem for my money has been the continuation of the Scottish granny trend, or should I say, the continuation of playing Dan Parks. If someone is going to come on and play a mediocre game in our national colours, at least let it be a Scotsman. To have an aussie miss kick after kick and make poor decision after poor decision is galling to say the least.

While we are never going to win the world cup (but then it's not like New Zealand have done a good job of this either) but we may in the medium term be able to compete at six nations again.

Phil Godman was just as bad as Dan with the former missing a kick which made big Gav's one in 1991 look difficult. With the granny-issue, for every Dan parks or a Brendan Laney, I give you Sean Lineen, the Leslie brothers and Glenn Metcalfe. Swings and roundabouts.

Phil Godman was just as bad as Dan with the former missing a kick which made big Gav's one in 1991 look difficult. With the granny-issue, for every Dan parks or a Brendan Laney, I give you Sean Lineen, the Leslie brothers and Glenn Metcalfe. Swings and roundabouts.

got to forgive godman seeing he had been hit around the head a few times and may not have been in the greatest of physical condition when taking his kick. as for parks his kicks where rank rotten.

got to forgive godman seeing he had been hit around the head a few times and may not have been in the greatest of physical condition when taking his kick. as for parks his kicks where rank rotten.

Nope. Mr Godman has not been of the required standard for a long time. Ditto Parks. John Rutherford or Craig Chalmers these fellows are not.

I guess we are just short of decent kickers once Paterson is out of the game. Lineen was great, but I'm still very much of the opinion that it should be a Scottish team. Particularly when we are playing badly, I think we need to consolidate and bring guys in to get experience. I guess Parks' 2 misses were when Godman was off the park and I'm not sure anyone else can play 10?

Nope. Mr Godman has not been of the required standard for a long time. Ditto Parks. John Rutherford or Craig Chalmers these fellows are not.

Correct.Old school tie keeps him in methinks.5 mins to go 2/3 man overlap and posh boy decides to go for glory.Cost us the game

Old Rosshighonian

Rugby's just a thinly veiled excuse for fat, private school kids who were ****e at football to grope each other for eighty (ninety? Let's face it, who the **** cares?) minutes, then go into the showers, slap each others bums for a bit and carry on into the town, assaulting women as they go but never going too far because they're not really into that kind of thing, then going back to Findlay's lavish townhouse and playing weird games involving biscuits, sodomy and spotted dick (not a euphemism), which remind them of boarding school.

That's just the fans. Does anyone want to hear about the players?

Rugby's just a thinly veiled excuse for fat, private school kids who were ****e at football to grope each other for eighty (ninety? Let's face it, who the **** cares?) minutes, then go into the showers, slap each others bums for a bit and carry on into the town, assaulting women as they go but never going too far because they're not really into that kind of thing, then going back to Findlay's lavish townhouse and playing weird games involving biscuits, sodomy and spotted dick (not a euphemism), which remind them of boarding school.

That's just the fans. Does anyone want to hear about the players?

Makween - I love you.

In a non rugby way, obviously.

;)

Archived