Say no to Elliot's return in January

JamboJohn1874

What do we think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do we think?

• Come back Clum - You?re the man!
    • Come back Clum - I like the thought of you as the single striker!
    • Come back Clum - I'm happy you will be sent off every two weeks!
    • Come back Clum - I don't care if you can't score in the big league!
    • Come back Clum - You clearly have more ability than Jamie!
    • Come back Clum - We need some intelligence in the dressing room!
    • Come back Clum - I need a reason to renew my season ticket next year!
    • Come back Clum - You general link play brings others into the game so well!
    • Come back Clum - Jamie needs the abuse to stop!
    • Come back Clum - We will play you no matter what, so you can be sold on!
    • Come back Clum - You are Vlad?s love child!
    • GTF Clum - You useless little to@@er

JamboJohn1874

With news today reporting that Laszlo considers Clum as the answer to our striking problems in January, I'm making my position clear from the start.

Sod off you useless little git!

I think an enormous boo from the support would be best if he was to be brought on.

Even before he has kicked a ball.

Lets try and undermine and destroy his confidence if he returns. :rolleyes:

I think an enormous boo from the support would be best if he was to be brought on.

Why not just do it as he enters the ground on match day?

Your post is exactly why he shouldnt come back right now though as it will happen.

He must stay away all season to have any chance of recovering a career at hearts in my opinion, not enough time has passed for the past to be ignored or forgotten by either side

FFS. How about "it's up to Csaba - and we'll support the manager in what he decides"?

JamboJohn1874
FFS. How about "it's up to Csaba - and we'll support the manager in what he decides"?

We have been through this last year - he is not good enough!

So you dont think the fact he is the best player on form in the 1st Div at the moment means something?

The 1st div is not that far behind the SPL and I think if folk like you realised booing youngsters is counterproductive elliot will come back and deliver - not as a right winger or lone striker though :rolleyes:

Because we need a recognised STRIKER. no more dillies just someone we know has the ability to score. IF Csaba thinks this is the answer then I am 100% sure he knows nothing, or Vlad is still picking the team. His choice

So why aren't you in the job? Vlad should sign you up... :rolleyes:

If he's handled well by Csaba and the coaching staff and and not ridiculously booed before he's even done anything wrong when he comes back then he can still be a success.

In all fairness the last 2 years he has been poor following on from the loan at Motherwell, however he has scored double the amount our strikers have this season albeit in the 1st division but it's still more than Mole scored in that league. I'd give him a chance in January while he's on form and see how it goes, if it doesn't work out then punt him.

Sexton Hardcastle

Wheres is the "OP is an idiot, give it a rest, these stupid posts/polls are getting beyond cringeworthy now" option ?

I cant seem to find it.

cheers.

I would much rather have him than Jamie Mole. That is a little like saying lose one limb over another but still, it would be preferable.

JamboJohn1874
So why aren't you in the job? Vlad should sign you up... :rolleyes:

I would love to as I one one am beginning to question Laszlo's sanity.

For a start:

Mole would be out.

Elliot would never get a game.

Neilson would not be playing in midfield.

We would not be playing with one striker.

We would not be making the most bizaare substitutions during games.

etc

etc

Captain Lithuania

This is Jamboskickback. Not Hibs.net.

Guest Dipped Flake
Wheres is the "OP is an idiot, give it a rest, these stupid posts/polls are getting beyond cringeworthy now" option ?

I cant seem to find it.

cheers.

I would certainly vote for that option.

JamboJohn1874
OP get a grip.

This poll's pathetic, annoyed I voted now.

Where was the choice....

GTF JamboJohn1874 YER POLLS GASH

Of course it's gash!

The only trouble is - why have so many bothered to vote and comment, inluding yourself. It clearly means the subject matter of the Clum (Irn-Bru league) Elliot is a hot topic, even when he is not playing for us.

Clearly he should stay away from Tynecastle for the indefinite future, which was the whole point of me starting the thread.

Clum GTF....

Single striker GTF ....

Robbie in midfield GTF ....

Polls on kickback GTF ....

Sexton Hardcastle
Of course it's gash!

The only trouble is - why have so many bothered to vote and comment, inluding yourself. It clearly means the subject matter of the Clum (Irn-Bru league) Elliot is a hot topic, even when he is not playing for us.

Clearly he should stay away from Tynecastle for the indefinite future, which was the whole point of me starting the thread.

Clum GTF....

Single striker GTF ....

The only hot topics on KB seem to be negative ones. Get a grip and jog on.

The People's Chimp
Of course it's gash!

Clum GTF....

Single striker GTF ....

To be fair, most of the comments have been telling you that your thread/poll is crap, so I wouldn't read too much into the number of comments if I were you.

Just because he may be better than Moley doesn't mean he is in anyway good enough to play for Hearts. Neither of them should play in a Hearts first team.

In my opinion a return to Hearts is the last thing he will want, so it will be interesting to see how he and his agent handle any move to bring him back. I also believe that if we continue the grim performances with players like Mole (or Elliot) getting regular action up front and the likes of Neilson and Karipidis out of position for the rest of this season we will see a further major decline in ST sales for next year.

JamboJohn1874
The only hot topics on KB seem to be negative ones. Get a grip and jog on.

Please tell me any significant piece of positive news!

Hamilton hurt big time, 1 striker against Hamilton sucks, Celtic was an embarrassment.

I suppose we could always just sit back and accept it .....

Sexton Hardcastle

6 points from our last 2 games. Looking half decnet going into the ICT game. Hamilton was a poor performance but getting results should inspire confidence/goals. What doesnt inspire confidence/goals is booing players who dont get the chance to prove themself. e.g Mole/Elliot. Yes they sometimes deserve a bit of stick but it does help to try and inspire them from the sidelines. This was one of the reasons we did so well under Burley. 3,000 odd fans going to Killie/Dundee etc Cheering players on helped inspire the good results.

We wont see days like those again until we have resorted back to boring wins, grinding out results, creep up the table and get into Europe. Then we can bring in some decent names play attractive football, bring back all the "glory hunters", shut up the boo boys and challange for honours.

It wont happen for a while but untill then...

JamboJohn1874
6 points from our last 2 games. Looking half decnet going into the ICT game. Hamilton was a poor performance but getting results should inspire confidence/goals. What doesnt inspire confidence/goals is booing players who dont get the chance to prove themself. e.g Mole/Elliot. Yes they sometimes deserve a bit of stick but it does help to try and inspire them from the sidelines. This was one of the reasons we did so well under Burley. 3,000 odd fans going to Killie/Dundee etc Cheering players on helped inspire the good results.

We wont see days like those again until we have resorted back to boring wins, grinding out results, creep up the table and get into Europe. Then we can bring in some decent names play attractive football, bring back all the "glory hunters", shut up the boo boys and challange for honours.

It wont happen for a while but untill then...

Grinding out results is one thing, one striker up front against Hamiliton is another. Don't forget we were wimply outclassed against a very ordinary looking Smeltic team. The system we play is just awful, Mole is awful, Elliot is awful.

This kind on griding out results will simply stop people turning up to watch our team every Saturday. I refuse to believe you're happ with the crap being served up just now.

A new direction is required, one without Elliot....

We were outclassed against an ordinary looking Smeltic team

I cant seem to find it.

cheers.

I'll choose that one too. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. He's scoring goals in Division 1. Our play at present is no better than that level and we're not scoring many goals. The answer seems obvious.

Why not just do it as he enters the ground on match day?

Everyone who's really motivated and wants to boo him should go to the Livi games and boo him as he bangs the goals in!!!

Added bonus that they wouldn't have to watch Hearts and contribute to Vlad's wallet!!!

Seems a win-win situation for the disgruntled!!!

PS Then they could spend all their time on the Livi fans forum!!!

Told you, win-win for everyone!!!

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea i agree with that.

But why dont we give Elliot another bash. Yes the 1st division is a bit different but if hes scoring goals and people like yourslef are after goals then whats the harm in trying. If he doesnt doa job im sure hel be off. If he cam back and did a job im sure there would be a lot of "hat" eating on this site.

People are crying out to give Temps a game. What happens when he has a mare and doesnt produce what we need. Do you boo him like Elliot/Mole, he goes off on loan and does a job similar to Elliot. Do we give him another try?

Plenty of players have a bit of a stinker and come good when they have matured. Hartley for example. Lets just hope elliot doesnt need to wait until hes 28 odd untill he starts scoring.

itsnomarooned

Elliot's confidence was non-existant last year. He's now doing well so I'd rather he saw out the season at Livi to further build on this progress before we talk about his return to Hearts.

I cant seem to find it.

cheers.

That gets my vote ...

With news today reporting that Laszlo considers Clum as the answer to our striking problems in January, I'm making my position clear from the start.

Don't you think we have enough trouble bring players to the club. Any player or agent reading this crap will be put off even looking at Hearts in the future when they see how negative the support is. Grow up or just don't post.:mad:

If he's handled well by Csaba and the coaching staff and and not ridiculously booed before he's even done anything wrong when he comes back then he can still be a success.

hear hear. The OP should take a good look at themself.

It cannot be easy in the current enviroment for a youngster to break through the ranks at Hearts but posts like this are not going to help.

Daydream Believer

He should be given another chance but will not prosper if his confidence takes another battering.

More importantly, we need a striker and I would be surprised if we're going to spend any money in the near future.

I personally think I should be driving a ferrari, but given that I'm skint will settle for an Astra. The idea that any player doing as well as he is now is not good enough for hearts needs to be looked at in the context of the current financial situation.

Elliot definitely had potential at one stage. Then the diddies amongst our support started to get on his back for some reason until it became, for them, the expected thing to do at every match. He was on a hiding to nothing. :mad:

I'm delighted he's scoring again and playing well. That was the purpose of the move, to give him a chance to rebuild his confidence away from our idiot boo-boys. I'd be delighted to give him another chance. He is definitely no worse than utter ******* like Nade, Mole and Makela.

If he does reappear I'd expect all Hearts fans to get behind him.;)

If Clum, as I believe may be the case does not want anything further to do with Hearts do you think Romanov or Laszlo will force him back ? Frankly if they do it has disaster written all over it. I fully expect come February and March for the Vlad Sheep to trot out the excuse for us not signing a striker in the transfer window on the return of Clum.

Guest juvehearts

what happened to the sj johnstone option?

IF we are still not banging in the goals by january.

then get him back & play him without booing the laddie.

IMHO he has the tallent we just need a good coach/manager to get it out of him.

he did barry under robbo

Sorry but he is just gash.

He has found his level but is completely out of his depth in the SPL. We should cut our losses and sell him on for a nominal fee.

He just doesn't have the raw materials to mould into an SPL striker (ball control, positional sense, holding the ball up, finishing, pace, etc.) and has a petulant temper and tendency to get sent off.

I said after the Killie game (when he got sent off for two unnecessary lunges in short succession) that he should never wear the jersey again and I still stand by it.

He is even worse than Jamie Mole, and that isn't saying much.

what happened to the sj johnstone option?

IF we are still not banging in the goals by january.

then get him back & play him without booing the laddie.

IMHO he has the tallent we just need a good coach/manager to get it out of him.

he did barry under robbo

Too much like a sensible option for most on here!!

Poor Calum, i don't really think that he wants to come back to us - I get the impression that he has a somewhat brittle ego and that the first chorus of booing would push him back into his shell again.

The pity is that three years ago he looked like a real find. With proper coaching I'm sure that he would have progressed.

Elliot definitely had potential at one stage. Then the diddies amongst our support started to get on his back for some reason until it became, for them, the expected thing to do at every match. He was on a hiding to nothing. :mad:

I'm delighted he's scoring again and playing well. That was the purpose of the move, to give him a chance to rebuild his confidence away from our idiot boo-boys. I'd be delighted to give him another chance. He is definitely no worse than utter ******* like Nade, Mole and Makela.

Well said, he played pish with us for a while, with few exceptions, FACT, but he tried. Far rather get behind a trying than a theif.

Bring him back if his confidence is back and see how he does BUT I worry that some wont give him that chance and he will be boo'd as soon as he steps on the park.

Perth to Paisley

See how much Nade's confidence grew on Wednesday after his goal. Callum may never be the best player in the world but if he is scoring regularly he is more than welcome - even allowing for his dancing!

Give the boy a chance I say.

Sorry but he is just gash.

He has found his level but is completely out of his depth in the SPL. We should cut our losses and sell him on for a nominal fee.

He just doesn't have the raw materials to mould into an SPL striker (ball control, positional sense, holding the ball up, finishing, pace, etc.) and has a petulant temper and tendency to get sent off.

I said after the Killie game (when he got sent off for two unnecessary lunges in short succession) that he should never wear the jersey again and I still stand by it.

He is even worse than Jamie Mole, and that isn't saying much.

At his worse vrs Mole... he'd still probably show more promise.

Can I just add surely we can't claim he has found his level, if that was the case he would be playing well but not spectacularly, as it stand he is 2nd top goalscorer with a month less, and is widely acknowledged by Livi fans and most other teams in the league as the one of the best, if not the best player in the 1st division so far.

All this and he is still 22 and still developing, to me this suggests that he is playing below his level and is too good for the 1st divison.

Elliot will imo be a regular starter in the SPL next season, be it at hearts or someone else, and will do well

As soon as he got away from our boo boys and got some confidence, the goals and performances started to come.

Libertonian_II

He's scoring goals, far more than the Mole or Nade, so we should give him a shout. I've always thought that he's way better than Mole. However, it seems like he's not going to get the backing he needs from the support, which is sad, very sad.

badly drawn boy

Then poll makes no difference , shabster is on record as saying he rates Elliot and hes coming back in January

I was there when he said it -100%

Drylaw Hearts

Actually......

The diddies on the committee sent him out on loan to Motherwell and that is where he started to lose confidence.

He was boo'ed by the 'Well fans and this affected him and he wasn't able to pick up where he left off at Hearts.

The committee must take a big chunk of the blame for putting him out on loan and playing Jamie Mole in his place.

Archived