Fitness

Craig_

Just thinking back to the game on Wednesday, and while the second half was pretty grim, we created many, many chances in the first and could've been way out of sight by half time.

Now I don't want to turn this into a pros and cons of Csaba/Vlad thread, but can't help wondering if things would've been different in the second half if we'd had a fully match-fit team on the park. Think about it, virtually all of our attacking players are coming back from injury or short of match practice:

Nade - long road back from being a fat, lazy bassa

Bruno - out for 18 months, only played a few times

Obua - out for 3 months, still adjusting to the pace of the SPL

Driver - in and out of the team for a while now, looked totally knackered

Ruben - not had a run of games, didn't look anywhere near his composed self

Combined with the absence (for whatever reason) of Stewart, Miko, Kingston, Tullberg, Glen and Chesney and you begin to wonder if we could just put a fully-fit, consistent team on the park, then we'd start putting teams like Accies away with ease.

Thoughts?

We_are_the_Hearts

It's not fitness, it's attitude and workrate. Wednesday was a LAZY performance. Csaba was signalling for more workrate most of the second half but nobody appeared to listen;)

jamboinglasgow
Just thinking back to the game on Wednesday, and while the second half was pretty grim, we created many, many chances in the first and could've been way out of sight by half time.

Now I don't want to turn this into a pros and cons of Csaba/Vlad thread, but can't help wondering if things would've been different in the second half if we'd had a fully match-fit team on the park. Think about it, virtually all of our attacking players are coming back from injury or short of match practice:

Combined with the absence (for whatever reason) of Stewart, Miko, Kingston, Tullberg, Glen and Chesney and you begin to wonder if we could just put a fully-fit, consistent team on the park, then we'd start putting teams like Accies away with ease.

Thoughts?

That is a good point, match fitness can make a huge difference, I think if these players keep playing reguarly than it could be a team which could work well but the lack of match fitness is a problem which can only be solved with lots if matches.

Thoughts?

Indeed I think you have a point, if we had everyone fit and he could choose his strongest team for a few weeks running we might be half decent :eek:

Thoughts?

Agree fully (well, almost, Glen, for me, shouldnt be near the team - Temps is ahead of him as he is performing)

But good points made, all being well. we'd be playing better and with the number of lads missing we should be happy to scrape wins for now. We wouldnt have not so long ago

Archived