Lockerbie bomber

Towzer

I listened to the father of one of the victims on the radio the other day. He had sat through the whole trial and probably knows more about this case than the rest of us put together.

Despite the loss of his daughter he is absolutely convinced that this man is innocent of this crime and also that Libya probably had nothing to do with it.

I don't know enough about it myself but it certainly sounds like the case needs relooked at.

It is pretty unusual for some of the relatives in a case like this to be so sure that this guy is innocent. My own view is that, as Libya has little record of carrying out sophisticated terrorist attacks, another party may well be guilty.

I listened to the father of one of the victims on the radio the other day. He had sat through the whole trial and probably knows more about this case than the rest of us put together.

Despite the loss of his daughter he is absolutely convinced that this man is innocent of this crime and also that Libya probably had nothing to do with it.

I don't know enough about it myself but it certainly sounds like the case needs relooked at.

I heard the exact same interview. It sounds for all the world as though something seriously wonky has gone on, and there are grave doubts about this man's guilt - and if we leave him to die in jail while those in high places mentioned by the interviewee do nothing, they'll have blood on their hands. Two wrongs don't make a right: and adamant's point above is entirely fair.

I heard the exact same interview. It sounds for all the world as though something seriously wonky has gone on, and there are grave doubts about this man's guilt - and if we leave him to die in jail while those in high places mentioned by the interviewee do nothing, they'll have blood on their hands. Two wrongs don't make a right: and adamant's point above is entirely fair.

No way.....innocent people are in jail as well as guilty :eek:

No way.....innocent people are in jail as well as guilty :eek:

You know what I mean! :P;)

I'm not sure i do ?

Namely, that the guy may well be innocent. And no: that doesn't mean everyone in jail are innocent - but miscarriages of justice happen, and there are clearly grave concerns over this conviction.

There are doubts over his conviction raised by his defence. Most of which rely on a shopkeeper in Malta who identified him as a man who bought clothes subsequently identified as being in the case which held the bomb. The defence dont believe him.

Interestingly the Libyans have just paid out compensation to the families, hardly the act of innocents.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7703110.stm

There are doubts over his conviction raised by his defence. Most of which rely on a shopkeeper in Malta who identified him as a man who bought clothes subsequently identified as being in the case which held the bomb. The defence dont believe him.

Interestingly the Libyans have just paid out compensation to the families, hardly the act of innocents.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7703110.stm

I think the Libyan payouts are more to do with getting the West off their back and getting access to finance etc..

I think the Libyan payouts are more to do with getting the West off their back and getting access to finance etc..

Correct - they've admitted as much.

Most people know the real culprits of Lockerbie are Iran and Khaled Jafar has been cited as the man who took the bomb on board - after the US Vincennes shot down an Iranian airbus - whilst in the process of protecting a Kuwaiti tanker carrying Iraqi oil :rubeyes:

Archived