1 member has voted

1. 1. Booing?

• It's acceptable and helpful
    • It's unacceptable and unhelpful
    • It's acceptable, but unhelpful
    • It unacceptable but probably has little effect
    • St Johnstone - no view either way.

The People's Chimp

After the booing of last night's win and the three points, there has been some debate about the acceptability of such actions. So, are they acceptable? And if so, are they helpful?

I don't think anyone is happy with some of the play we've had to witness, but it's not all doom and gloom.

I didn't boo - and I usually don't because, what good can it do?

Last night was one of those games that we were poor, but at the same time Hamilton could've played all night and not scored. Balogh only really had to make one decent save.

An absolute joke, any one defending the booing needs to have a hard look at themselves. A ****ing win for ****s sake.

How pathetic are these peoples lives that they need to boo a ****ing win.

An absolute joke, any one defending the booing needs to have a hard look at themselves. A ****ing win for ****s sake.

Were you at the game?

Cool your jets lad!! We were pi55 poor last night. while it may not help the cause it will get the point accross to the players and management that that kind of performance is not good enough!!

If that was against a team with a bit more ability going forward we would have lost that game.

Were you at the game?

The first home game Ive missed this season.

Doesnae make a difference if I was there or no. You're there for the win, we got the win. Booin a team thats won is a ****ing joke and anyone that booed is a ****ing moron.

Cool your jets lad!! We were pi55 poor last night. while it may not help the cause it will get the point accross to the players and management that that kind of performance is not good enough!!

If that was against a team with a bit more ability going forward we would have lost that game.

Whats "if" got to do with it, we played Hamilton we beat Hamilton, end off.

This point accross **** tae what the **** is that all about?? Thats whats wrong to many fevered ego's in the stand thinking they know better. How about this, next time, shut up and cheer where appropriate.

The first home game Ive missed this season.

Doesnae make a difference if I was there or no. You're there for the win, we got the win. Booin a team thats won is a ****ing joke and anyone that booed is a ****ing moron.

Any other team in the SPL would have hammered us last night. At points in the second half we had 8 players lined up on our 18 yard line just encouraging Hamilton to come at us.

No passion, no commitment, no skill, nobody was prepared to put a tackle in and I honestly cant remember us managing a move of more than 3 passes to another player in a maroon jersey in that second half.

If I want to boo then I will - I pay my money and unlike yourself I was actually there.

Idiot.

The People's Chimp
Who exactly was booing 'the win' ??

I imagine most people who booed were aiming it at 'the utter cack on display'

We still won. People booed. At the end of the day they were booing the players off the field with three points.

Fortress tynecastle? what a joke. It's well known that away managers, especially those of crappy teams like 'well, st midden and accies know that if they can keep it level, or sneak a goal, then the tynie crowd will be well on the players backs, they'll get nervous, they'll make mistakes and they're on with a shout for taking something from the game.

Whatever way you look at it, this is not a good thing.

Who exactly was booing 'the win' ??

I imagine most people who booed were aiming it at 'the utter cack on display'

It's a fairly obvious point, you would think. But it's hard work getting it across on here.

The booing was ridiculous IMO, we won the ****ing game! We're not world beaters in case you hadn't noticed so any win is a good one if you ask me.

Forever Maroon

mmmmm totally out played by an average side that have lost 8 or 9 games this season....Not good enough, we pays wur money we can vent our disapproval. 4-5-1 not good enough against hamilton i'm afraid. BOO away the management team at Hearts cannot be left to think that type of performance is acceptable. Hearts played the same against Celtic & got punished... i for one fear the upcoming rangers game

Not much of a booing man myself but each to their own, dunno what it achieves other than makes them feel better and allows them to say I pay my money so I can boo ;) Which they can of course and for what its worth, if I were a booing man then that performance would have had me boo hooing also

However I'm no so sure it was the win they were booing last night, more like a very inept performance. Crikley I gave up Corrie and The Bill for that but thankfully made it back for Supreme Sacrifice, which is exactly what I felt I had made by missing the aforementioned TV programs:eek:

Not a booing man myself and certainly would never boo at the end of a game we won, no matter how badly we played. Booing last night puts us in the same category as those Hibs fans who claim to prefer 'flair' over results.

And if you are the trumpet walking down the stairs between section E and F about 5 minutes before full time time then have a word with yourself. I cannot believe you actually said 'I hope Hamilton score, they deserve it'.

What an absolute plank.

Guest juvehearts

I never booed because i left with 10 minutes to go KNOWING that id have better entertainment watching the car's go along gorgie road.

a win is a win tho.

I did not boo and never have . But, just how do you let people know you are not happy? Subs and tactics are beyond belief. The players were poor, but Csaba's subs ( other than Robbies, who I thought was the only one with any passion) are a mystery. Why he insists on Adrian Mole 14 and 3/4 as a sub, I will never understand.

Booing crap performance is always okay, whether or not we win the game.

Last night was awful and all of our wins have been very close calls.

One day very soon we're gonna get tanked.

Any other team in the SPL would have hammered us last night.

Love when this chestnut gets wheeled out.

Sadly, it's a completely irrelevant point, because we weren't playing any other team in the SPL last night.

You can only hope they don't bring in rules where, if you play and beat Hamilton but put in a performance that would have resulted in a defeat from Rangers or Dundee United, you get the points docked off you...

Carl Weathers
I never booed because i left with 10 minutes to go KNOWING that id have better entertainment watching the car's go along gorgie road.

a win is a win tho.

So you only go to be entertained?

Whatever happened to backing the team?

Fair enough it wasnt the best but we still won the game and need to show that we support the players

Guest juvehearts
So you only go to be entertained?

Whatever happened to backing the team?

when romanov leaves ill back ANY hearts team that has heart & soul & play's for the jersey rather than pick up a phat cheque from UKIB corp.

pay for diddies, expect a ****e season.

i respect those who pay to watch hearts.

sorry folks but thats how i personally feel about this once great club.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Whether the booing was "acceptable" or not there is a school of thought that the booing could at least be a sign that fans still CARE rather than a sullen and apathetic acceptance of the dross seen on the park last night.

There have been many firsts in the Romanov era.

Last night was another in a long line of cringe-fests.

I think last nights booing after a game, THAT WE WON, played in front of the so called die hard support, proves that we need the so called glory hunters back to start supporting the team again.

Booing crap performance is always okay, whether or not we win the game.

Last night was awful and all of our wins have been very close calls.

One day very soon we're gonna get tanked.

We've already been tanked this season, more than once.

I must be alone in thinking we were actually okay in the first half and made a few decent chances, played some decent football.

Okay the second half was gash but they were never going to get back in it were they ? I'd describe it as a comfortable win.

I didnt boo. I was quite happy with the result.

We still won. People booed. At the end of the day they were booing the players off the field with three points.

Fortress tynecastle? what a joke. It's well known that away managers, especially those of crappy teams like 'well, st midden and accies know that if they can keep it level, or sneak a goal, then the tynie crowd will be well on the players backs, they'll get nervous, they'll make mistakes and they're on with a shout for taking something from the game.

Whatever way you look at it, this is not a good thing.

Agreed.

Poor show from the team in the second half sure, poorer from the fans.

I HAVE seen worse and gone home content with the pointage!

alwaysthereinspirit

Booing YOUR team after a win most certainly helps. The players will now know that winning 3 points and moving up the league if not done with lots of silky classy football defeats the whole purpose of playing the games.

Any kind of negative reinforcement is good in all walks of life. Football especially. We as fans should be booing them before they leave the dressing room. That'll get them pumped up every time. :P

Who in the real world doesn't love a good booing.

Booing YOUR team after a win most certainly helps. The players will now know that winning 3 points and moving up the league if not done with lots of silky classy football defeats the whole purpose of playing the games.

Any kind of negative reinforcement is good in all walks of life. Football especially. We as fans should be booing them before they leave the dressing room. That'll get them pumped up every time. :P

Who in the real world doesn't love a good booing.

Aw come on AITS .................that's baws

or did I miss the smiley ?

Csaba is SUPPOSED to be a time -served coach / manager ..............the players, whoever they may be, are SUPPOSED to be time-served exponents of Association Football. That display did not give credence to the claims of either party to be TIME SERVED

**** it , they should actually be SERVING TIME for that lacklustre pesh ...........I'm off to the pub :P

The Old Tolbooth

Absolute bollox!

If you pay your money, you deserve to show whatever level of support you want towards the team for whatever kind of display they put on, whether that be applause or boos, get over it!

Up until last season I had NEVER found myself booing a Hearts team, but I find myself doing it these days because I'm sick and tired of the way the club is being run, and because I pay good hard earned money to watch my team, I reserve the right to act however I want at the end of the match, it's my prerogative.

Archived