How many times do you hear pundits say you have to win ugly.

Dr. Bapswent

And thats what we did.

But its not good enough for the Hearts fans! Oh No.

Why is that?

Are the fans so conceited that they demand and expect AMAZING football every game. Jeez, have a word.

So conceited they think its OK to boo a winning team who are sitting 4th.

No wonder the team cant get a grip of themselves, when the so called fans cant even get behind them, even after solid performances against Hibs and Aberdeen.

The team isn't great, the organization isn't great, but the support is embarrassing.

Booing Mole for coming on for an injured Nade.....jeeez.

They say it is a sign of a good team that it can win when playing badly.

I guess you could also say, however, that a team that plays badly all the time may win occasionally

And thats what we did.

Why is that?

Are the fans so conceited that they demand and expect AMAZING football every game. Jeez, have a word.

No wonder the team cant get a grip of themselves, when the so called fans cant even get behind them, even after solid performances against Hibs and Aberdeen.

The team isn't great, the organization isn't great, but the support is embarrassing.

So you are happy to sit week in week out watching the likes of that last night. We were lucky last night to get away with the 3 points.

That wasnt playing ugly that was playing down right pi5h!!! There was no fight, skill or any care in the world for the hearts fans last night.

For you to question the hearts fans backing of the team is rediculous. Hearts fans will back the team thru thick and thin like they have done since the puppet master took over.

That was a joke last night plain and simple!!

And thats what we did.

Why is that?

Er - but you were slagging off individuals and fiercely critical during the game yourself! Or so we've been told, anyway... :P

I agree in part with what you say: 4th place is not to be sniffed at, and I have no issue with Csaba. Never have, really. But as I've written elsewhere, the booing is surely a sign of the healthy expectancy levels which go with being a big (in Scottish terms) club: would you rather we had no expectation levels at all? And moreover, while playing badly and winning is naturally heralded when someone like Chelsea do it, Chelsea also play very well a lot of the time. When was the last time we played well? How many times have we played well this entire season, especially at Tynecastle?

We havent played well all season! The footy we play is embarassing. Sitting in and holding on against Hamilton a team who have spent peanuts and probably pay peanuts compared to us. They have brought players through from the youth team, got players from the likes of Clyde and St Johnstone, yet they still tried to play football all night while we tried to hump it silly all night with overpaid and underachieving players. We constantly play 4-5-1 when clearly it doesnt work. We play defenders in midfield and a right back with no pace at right wing. No wonder we were booed the night.

out of interest do you get an e-mail once a day at 9am with your material?

Oh dear.

You'd have thought that after your humiliation last night you'd have learnt a little.

So you are happy to sit week in week out watching the likes of that last night. We were lucky last night to get away with the 3 points.

That wasnt playing ugly that was playing down right pi5h!!! There was no fight, skill or any care in the world for the hearts fans last night.

For you to question the hearts fans backing of the team is rediculous. Hearts fans will back the team thru thick and thin like they have done since the puppet master took over.

That was a joke last night plain and simple!!

I didnt say I was happy.

But im realistic about winning a scrappy game where Hamilton deserve credit for giving us a torrid time.

They are sitting bottom, losing most weeks, yet their fans some more respect for their players than we do for ours.

Er - but you were slagging off individuals and fiercely critical during the game yourself! Or so we've been told, anyway... :P

I agree in part with what you say: 4th place is not to be sniffed at, and I have no issue with Csaba. Never have, really. But as I've written elsewhere, the booing is surely a sign of the healthy expectancy levels which go with being a big (in Scottish terms) club: would you rather we had no expectation levels at all? And moreover, while playing badly and winning is naturally heralded when someone like Chelsea do it, Chelsea also play very well a lot of the time. When was the last time we played well? How many times have we played well this entire season, especially at Tynecastle?

Bit out of touch aren't you there Shaun.

Or do you believe everything you read or get told by taxi drivers?

And thats what we did.

Why is that?

Excellent post from the good Dr.

WE WON LAST NIGHT. WE WON ON SATURDAY. WE WILL WIN ON SATURDAY COMING.

Still, I fully expect to see the torn faces on here on Sunday greeting that we only beat ICT, and everything is still a shambles.

:rolleyes:

I didnt say I was happy.

But im realistic about winning a scrappy game where Hamilton deserve credit for giving us a torrid time.

They are sitting bottom, losing most weeks, yet their fans some more respect for their players than we can.

That's because Hamilton have no history of surviving at this level at all! Their fans would be ecstatic with 11th place, but have to be realistic: they're overachieving massively to even be in the SPL. We, on the other hand, historically regard 4th place as no more than par - and have a right to expect convincing home displays against struggling opponents.

Nucky Thompson
And thats what we did.

Why is that?

Agree. It's no coincedance that we are playing worse at home, from the 2nd minute fans were on the players backs:o

Bit out of touch aren't you there Shaun.

Or do you believe everything you read or get told by taxi drivers?

I took what your friend wrote on here at face value; and you certainly didn't contradict it when replying. I'm aware it was banter between the two of you though.

And if you weren't critical during the game, does that mean it's actually you who brought a flask of tea and indulged in a couple of bursts of "Hearts, Hearts, ra ra ra!"? I think we should be told... :P

I didn't boo last night but i can understand why people did.

People have different attitudes, some want to see their team win at all costs others want to see their team play football. I would ideally like to see both.

I didnt applaud us of the park last night because i didn't feel i had been entertained and wasn't going to applaud. I did applaud after the aberdeen game though as i felt the players put in a lot more effort and also played better.

I also don't think there was boo-ing for Mole coming on, it was for Nade getting taken off when he had been our best player

Well go to the cinema then:rolleyes:

I thought you were currently (mis)managing Uganda? ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Well go to the cinema then:rolleyes:

Stick to getting involved in threads slagging fellow Hearts fans. Thats about your level.

Oh wait a minute, you already are. Apologies, on you go.

People have different attitudes, some want to see their team win at all costs others want to see their team play football. I would ideally like to see both.

I didnt applaud us of the park last night because i didn't feel i had been entertained and wasn't going to applaud. I did applaud after the aberdeen game though as i felt the players put in a lot more effort and also played better.

I also don't think there was boo-ing for Mole coming on, it was for Nade getting taken off when he had been our best player

He was injured, and signaled to come off.

And the fans boo the decision....genius.

Im sure Mole got a swell of pride in his belly and thought 'im loving this, its great to play in front of these guys'.

He hadn't even kicked the ball and he comes on to a chorus of booing.

There is no real excuse, fans have done it to Miko, Neilson, Clum and now Mole, before they even kick the ball. Maybe not the best players, but its not right to slaughter them before they have even done anything.

It was a good call by Blooby:)

Yes. I doubt that sentiment is shared by the good people of that country though - they probably think he's brought a different sport with him! :eek:

Yep spot on. the booing was the fact that we have made another daft substitution!! whats wrong with trying makela?!?!?

Nucky Thompson
Stick to getting involved in threads slagging fellow Hearts fans. Thats about your level.

Oh wait a minute, you already are. Apologies, on you go.

Show me where I have slagged anyone? I take it you're still a wee bit touchy about a certain thread that appeared on here early last night but seems to have disappeared:)

Guest jambomickey

that wasn't very pretty last night! hanging on against bloody hamilton. we've went so far back it's not real but some are happy to watch that dross?

They say it is a sign of a good team that it can win when playing badly.

I guess you could also say, however, that a team that plays badly all the time may win occasionally

That is just it. When teams like R@ng*rs and C*lt!c win well regularly, it is the difficult games that they look like losing that they manage to scrape a result. How many times have we played the Glasgow two and felt we were the best team yet lost?

Hearts seem to lose or occasionally win badly. Not exactly the hallmark of a good side.

That is just it. When teams like R@ng*rs and C*lt!c win well regularly, it is the difficult games that they look like losing that they manage to scrape a result. How many times have we played the Glasgow two and felt we were the best team yet lost?

Hearts seem to lose or occasionally win badly. Not exactly the hallmark of a good side.

Thats because Hearts aren't a good side right now.

And thats what we did.

Why is that?

Agreed I sometimes wonder about the Hearts support, I can see why we get called Rangers in disguise... after last night I would say that the most damaging factor to the football club is not Romanov, Csaba, the playing or administration staff (they all appear to be pulling together). It is the Hearts suppot that is doing the damage!

He was injured, and signaled to come off.

And the fans boo the decision....genius.

Im sure Mole got a swell of pride in his belly and thought 'im loving this, its great to play in front of these guys'.

He hadn't even kicked the ball and he comes on to a chorus of booing.

There is no real excuse, fans have done it to Miko, Neilson, Clum and now Mole, before they even kick the ball. Maybe not the best players, but its not right to slaughter them before they have even done anything.

I suspected he was injured as he was holding the back of his leg.

Many fans didn't realise this though and were booing the desicion to take off our best player, THEY WERE NOT BOOING JAMIE MOLE.

Agree. It's no coincedance that we are playing worse at home, from the 2nd minute fans were on the players backs:o

I don't think that is actually true.............unless one or more punters in your vicinity were to blame ?

You could hear a pin drop up in the main stand where I was so 'getting right on the players backs' is a falsehood IMO

Anyway, it's all very well to talk about winning ugly, but that is only really acceptable when we are talking about good footballing sides who have, on the odd occasion, been forced to go toe to toe with a stubborn foe and have shown commendable grit to win the fight. It is not an excuse that should be accepted from a team with the 3rd highest SPL wage bill...........and on the back of a simply pathetic performance against Celtic and a dreary draw away at LOWLY St Mirren ( albeit with 10 men )

Flinging these hoary old expressions in to attempt to justify last nights dismal performance is 'Spin' of the lowest order ..........IMO of course

Guest jambomickey
Agreed I sometimes wonder about the Hearts support, I can see why we get called Rangers in disguise... after last night I would say that the most damaging factor to the football club is not Romanov, Csaba, the playing or administration staff (they all appear to be pulling together). It is the Hearts suppot that is doing the damage!

don't talk rubbish! no other fans of any club would have accepted the crap the hearts fans have.

The People's Chimp
And thats what we did.

Why is that?

I would agree. The boos were embarassing and would definitely be unhelpful, for a team who went out and tried. Okay, it wasn't pretty, but we're in 4th, only 2 off the pace in 3rd and europe a distinct possibility.

The mole boos were cringeworthy, especially when you consider that nade had taken a knock (somewhat inevitably when hamilton were out to crunch anyone with a bit of skill) and you could see nade put his hands up to clap as soon as the boos started and thankfully that stopped it. I'm no fan of mole's, but how can we expect him to come on and do anything when he is booed the moment he steps towards the touchline?

And the reward for 3 points? more nonsensical booing.

ArmiyaRomanova

Las night a significant section of the fans were an embarrassment, it's true.

Our famous '12th man' is currently playing for the opposition.

It was a pile of pish. Some folk seem to think that's fine. Though we pay the most money to players outside of the uglies it's ok if they can't perform better than a team whose weekly wage budget probably matches our top earner.

I'm looking forward to Jan, get rid of the dross and bring in some decent, hopefully anyway. If not then questions will have to be asked of Romanov or Csaba. Ok, so some will still trot out 'not his fault, nobody good enough around, give him till summer, then we'll really see what he can do' and still back the pish poor displays, such is life eh?

Yes, that's what it is, it's the fans. Those pesky meanies are the ones who made Hearts finish 8th last season and they're the ones who didn't pay the wages on time, and the ones who insist on 4-5-1 and Mole up front. Grrrrr!! Bad fans :rolleyes:

It was a pile of pish. Some folk seem to think that's fine. Though we pay the most money to players outside of the uglies it's ok if they can't perform better than a team whose weekly wage budget probably matches our top earner.

I'm looking forward to Jan, get rid of the dross and bring in some decent, hopefully anyway. If not then questions will have to be asked of Romanov or Csaba. Ok, so some will still trot out 'not his fault, nobody good enough around, give him till summer, then we'll really see what he can do' and still back the pish poor displays, such is life eh?

Why do some people think that those who are not up for booing the team that won and is sitting 4th means they are happy with everything?

Unreal.

Nobody has said that, but those people are IMO a touch more realistic about things as they stand currently.

Guest jambomickey
Las night a significant section of the fans were an embarrassment, it's true.

what was a disgrace was the football on the park or should i say lack of it

Guest jambomickey
I would agree. The boos were embarassing and would definitely be unhelpful, for a team who went out and tried. Okay, it wasn't pretty, but we're in 4th, only 2 off the pace in 3rd and europe a distinct possibility.

The mole boos were cringeworthy, especially when you consider that nade had taken a knock (somewhat inevitably when hamilton were out to crunch anyone with a bit of skill) and you could see nade put his hands up to clap as soon as the boos started and thankfully that stopped it. I'm no fan of mole's, but how can we expect him to come on and do anything when he is booed the moment he steps towards the touchline?

And the reward for 3 points? more nonsensical booing.

sitting 4th says how bad our league is because we've been sheet in the main

I for one didn't see Nade's 'gesture' to the bench so it wasn't that clear to me that he NEEDED replaced. However Mole may actually have the intelligence to realise the boos were not directed at him but at what appeared to many to be a surprise and rather foolish substitution ?

If Nade hadn't been the ONLY player out there looking like he had half a clue how too play association football then MAYBE we would not have been so irked at his surprise replacement ?

Maybe - although we are behind Romanov in the queue of handing every other team in the SPL an advantage, to be fair

And thats what we did.

Why is that?

I guess I have to agree with the pundits.

We won.

...and it was ugly.

I don't think we can accuse the players for a lack of effort last night. I'd make that point clear: the players were tryng. It's just that we seemed clueless in the 2nd half. Jamie Mole is at best, a first division level player, but the guy's confidence must be shot to sh** getting boo'ed onto the park.

When Csaba, if he's still around that is, gets the chance to build a squad, he'll need to seriously think about changing formations during the game when the team is getting over-run by the likes of Hamilton.

We were too bunch up in midfield, with no out-lets to stretch the opposition. I also detest playing one up front. It's a pity Nade had to go off, and possibly Obua too.

I got little enjoyment out of last night: but I know what three points mean to a team that could hardly score in a bucket of *******.

Buffalo Bill

We havent played well all season! The footy we play is embarassing. Sitting in and holding on against Hamilton a team who have spent peanuts and probably pay peanuts compared to us. They have brought players through from the youth team, got players from the likes of Clyde and St Johnstone, yet they still tried to play football all night while we tried to hump it silly all night with overpaid and underachieving players. We constantly play 4-5-1 when clearly it doesnt work. We play defenders in midfield and a right back with no pace at right wing. No wonder we were booed the night.

Agree, there was only one team trying to play football last night - particularly in the second half.

In our 2 games with Hamilton I think we couldn't have complained if we had ended up with 0, 1 or 2 points. Luckily we have got 6.

Why do some people think that those who are not up for booing the team that won and is sitting 4th means they are happy with everything?

Unreal.

Nobody has said that, but those people are IMO a touch more realistic about things as they stand currently.

I didn't boo the team, and I'm certainly not happy with things as they stand. You on the otherhand, well I'm just not sure that you'd be unhappy with anything at the club, you seem to be a bit of a propaganda machine. My opinion of course.

Guest jambomickey
I didn't boo the team, and I'm certainly not happy with things as they stand. You on the otherhand, well I'm just not sure that you'd be unhappy with anything at the club, you seem to be a bit of a propaganda machine. My opinion of course.

i never boo the team either and never will, but from top to bottom we've got everything to be unhappy about

Charlie-Brown

We were unlucky not to get any points v falkirk or killie so perceived good luck in some games has been balanced out in other games IMO.

Lets wait til jan, lets wait til the summer. thats all i keep hearing since vlad took over. Serious questions should already be asked.

and also, Why is it that when we make a signing he is injured, tullberg, mroviec and many more in the past.

We have taken a massive step back from where we were and people just seem to accept this. we are getting worse every game IMO!!

Im delighted with the three points last night as i feel it was a must win. we have now opened up a little gap.

I ask you this tho... If we had lost or drawn last night, would the same have been said about winning ugly etc. Doubt it!!

Nucky Thompson
If we had lost or drawn last night, would the same have been said about winning ugly etc. Doubt it!!
No because we wouldn't have won!

Archived