Supreme Sacrifice

Tom Heaney

First off, fair play to Kickbacks very own Jack Alexander who came across very well on the documentary last night.

Great viewing and loved some of the wee commentarys. Liked the one from Bob Crampsey when he touched on how quick the Hearts players had been to enlist compared to their Glasgow counterparts (or words to that effect. Nice wee dig. Another one was the line "While Celtic Were Defending Their League Championship, Hearts Players Were Defending Their Country" NICE !!

It was good to see Bob Crampsey on there to. He was always one of my favorite broadcasters on the radio.... Was always fair in everything he said and he knew everything about the Scottish game!! He also narrated on a few old Hearts videos as well, so he went up in my estimation from that!!

He is sadly missed these days.....

It was good to see Bob Crampsey on there to. He was always one of my favorite broadcasters on the radio.... Was always fair in everything he said and he knew everything about the Scottish game!! He also narrated on a few old Hearts videos as well, so he went up in my estimation from that!!

He is sadly missed these days.....

Aye, he was one of "The Good Guys" Dunno if he had a soft spot for Hearts, he was probably just more honest (and educated) than the rest of what we have had to put up with over the years. Will never forget when he was part of the Jim Cruickshank Testimonial Evening at the Odeon he noted that Heart Of Midlothian (and sadly Queen of The South) were two of the greatest and most romantic names in world football....ahhhhhhhh.

Talking of good guys , and going off track slightly:p Nice wee article on Arthur Montford in last nights program, another guy who it seemed was more neutral and educated on the Scottish game and also had a few nice things to say about HMFC

Aye, he was one of "The Good Guys" Dunno if he had a soft spot for Hearts, he was probably just more honest (and educated) than the rest of what we have had to put up with over the years. Will never forget when he was part of the Jim Cruickshank Testimonial Evening at the Odeon he noted that Heart Of Midlothian (and sadly Queen of The South) were two of the greatest and most romantic names in world football....ahhhhhhhh.

Talking of good guys , and going off track slightly:p Nice wee article on Arthur Montford in last nights program, another guy who it seemed was more neutral and educated on the Scottish game and also had a few nice things to say about HMFC

It could be the fact that we are now old gits but both Bob and Arthur did seem more neutral. Perhaps the meeja is just too prone these days to pander to the bigger audiences...the old firm. :cool:

Can't remember what thread had the link but someone posted one last night for Kerrydale Street, a few Celtic fans giving it laldy because they thought they had been treated unfairly and it was just another example of the media's current anti-Celtic agenda. Of course.

But yes, I've seen it a few times now and it's a fantastic documentary. My flatmate watched it purely because I had commandeered the tellybox and despite having no interest in such things (or football), she ended up in tears and thought it was excellent.

But yes, Jack was great...and Stuart Cosgrove too...

He used the line about Heart Of Midlothian being the most romantic name in football on one of the old videos (the history of Heart Of Mdlothian FC I think)

Archived