Drogba

Rawrrrrrrr

Throwing coins at the burnley fans this evening

Got booked for it

Fair enough they threw them on the park first but for 100k a week you could expect a bit more self restraint.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Got booked for it

Fair enough they threw them on the park first but for 100k a week you could expect a bit more self restraint.

Why shouldnt he throw them back. If he cant rely on the Met Police to protect him then why shouldnt he take matters into his own hands. Regardless of his job or his income, nobody deserves that. If the whippet walkers from Burnley are big enough to chuck them they shouldnt whine when they get it back.

Why shouldnt he throw them back. If he cant rely on the Met Police to protect him then why shouldnt he take matters into his own hands. Regardless of his job or his income, nobody deserves that. If the whippet walkers from Burnley are big enough to chuck them they shouldnt whine when they get it back.

Oh what

What do you think the Met could have done to prevent it?

It shouldnt happen but it does, and I would expect a millionaire footballer to laugh it off, reacting lets himself, his club and his own fans down.

Its not so much the fact he threw it back, but the fact he risks his own club suffering implications from it.

I wouldnt want any of our players to react like that

Oh what

What do you think the Met could have done to prevent it?

It shouldnt happen but it does, and I would expect a millionaire footballer to laugh it off, reacting lets himself, his club and his own fans down.

Its not so much the fact he threw it back, but the fact he risks his own club suffering implications from it.

I wouldnt want any of our players to react like that

I certainly wouldn't either. Infact, I've just seen the highlights on Sky Sports News and it has the coin throwing incident.

Drogba didn't just "throw" the coin back he "Chucked it with all his might!!!"

Must've been a sore one for someone in the crowd

I certainly wouldn't either. Infact, I've just seen the highlights on Sky Sports News and it has the coin throwing incident.

Drogba didn't just "throw" the coin back he "Chucked it with all his might!!!"

Must've been a sore one for someone in the crowd

Yup

Whilst I dont agree with the throwing of missles footballers need to show some intelligence, Ill equate it to police officers, or firefighters who regulalry encounter arseholes whilst working, they are paid to remain professional and on the whole do.

Is it really hard to expect a 100k a week footballer to walk away, and laugh off the fact some minimum wage dregs of society punter has just thrown away the 2p that would have bought him an extra pint or saved him walking home

did a hearts player not return one of them till rolls, with a wee bit force, to the sheep a couple of weeks ago.

Indeed, that would've done some damage

Haha. So if he caned an 8 year old boy on the napper thats ok?

What's the thoughts if the coins being thrown at him blinded him and ended his career - that still ok and he should just accept it and laugh it off?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Haha. So if he caned an 8 year old boy on the napper thats ok?

I see your point mate but it really annoys me the holier than thou attitude of football fans that dish out stick or throw thngs at players then act all outraged when they do something back. If you work in an office and someone pelted you with coins or started slating you, are you going to sit there and take it or are you going to react? It doesnt matter how much is in your bank account, human nature dictates that a person can only handle so much flack before they bite. Drogba will be vilified and possibly even fined for what he did. But the Burnley fans that started the whole thing will no doubt get off scot free. Does that sound fair to you?

Good on Drogba.

If some troglodyte thinks it's fair game to hurl a coin at him, they can't greet if he chucks it back.

Hopefully it did blind one of the c****.

alwaysthereinspirit

Drogba should just say he feigned picking a coin up and throwing it back. He made a motion as if he did but who can tell.

Drogba should just say he feigned picking a coin up and throwing it back. He made a motion as if he did but who can tell.

They prob could with slow motion and enhancing.

Good on Drogba.

If some troglodyte thinks it's fair game to hurl a coin at him, they can't greet if he chucks it back.

Aye, coz it would have hit the boy who chucked it eh :rolleyes3:

There were woman & kids in the crowd.....its just as likely to hit one of them.

Drogba deserves a ban......cant stand the cheating bas, and thats coming from someone who has a soft spot for Chelsea.

If you (a fan) can be banned for life or the FA wants clubs to hammer fans for it then Drogba has to be hammered for this. No other way.

I dont mean Drogba should be banned for life but he will get banned and due to the rules fans have to adhere to, will prob deserve it.

PresidentRomanov
If you (a fan) can be banned for life or the FA wants clubs to hammer fans for it then Drogba has to be hammered for this. No other way.

Spot on, if anyone in the crowd gets caught throwing a coin, he or she will be banned from every stadium in England, so why does the same law not apply to Drogba?

Good on Drogba.

Good God, I hope you're not serious.

did a hearts player not return one of them till rolls, with a wee bit force, to the sheep a couple of weeks ago.

Yes. It was Balogh with a neat backhand flick before he took a goal kick. Only thing was it just came flying back while he was starting his run-up. No sign of any stewards/police doing anything about it.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Well out of order by Drogba and he will get banned and fined.

Hopefully the next time he plays then someone in the crowd should chuck a bottle of that "cillit bang" stuff at him to neutralize all that grease he has smothered all over his napper.

I dont mean Drogba should be banned for life but he will get banned and due to the rules fans have to adhere to, will prob deserve it.

**** it. Give the twonk an FBO.

Got booked for it

for a 100.00 a week they could throw ShhIIIIIte at me then shag me

I remember when Carragher chucked a coin back in to the crowd at Highbury and got sent off!

And a mandatory 3 game ban for his troubles:)

for a 100.00 a week they could throw ShhIIIIIte at me then shag me

?100? cheap!

Drogba should get a wee smack on the wrists. Maybe a fine.

You are right, he may be prosecured, now, but the person who threw it at him will not be.

If someone threw something at me, I will be wanting to throw it back.

Didier said sorry at full time and knows he's done wrong. He'll get 3 games and a ?50k fine or something along those lines.

You'd expect more self control from a professional footballer, as he also gave the Burnley fans the finger before throwing the coin.

Archived