Obua and his green boots

Boris

Which post are your comments aimed at? It helps if you attach them to the post to which they refer.

You can attach it to yours if you feel the need. Or a number of others.

The long and short is, none of you know enough about football to judge a player on the number of minutes Obua has had, especially as he is returning from injury.

But it's always easier to kick someone when they're down.

there is nothing of any consequence in my house in the colour green.if i had a choice my grass would be maroon.have I got a problem?I think not!Sorry if this sounds a wee bit biassed.I am maybe a wee bit ****ed.Goodnight!

jamboinglasgow

I remember a story that was said on hearts world during the match. Apparntly one player when he first came into the U19s had green boots with him. Apparntly Darren Murray was not too pleased, took the boots and threw them into the woods behind Riccarton. The boots were never seen again.

I like DM even more now.

Captain Lithuania
Which of our 11 players are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Hopefully not Nade anyway, though he was leaps and bounds ahead of anyone.

Nelly Terraces
I remember a story that was said on hearts world during the match. Apparntly one player when he first came into the U19s had green boots with him. Apparently Darren Murray was not too pleased, took the boots and threw them into the woods behind Riccarton. The boots were never seen again.

I like DM even more now.

Top man. Liking the cut of his jib. Get him on the case here.

You can attach it to yours if you feel the need. Or a number of others.

The long and short is, none of you know enough about football to judge a player on the number of minutes Obua has had, especially as he is returning from injury.

But it's always easier to kick someone when they're down.

Your reply would indicate that nobody on this forum apart from you can judge a player.

Unless of course you meant to include yourself in that statement what makes you better able to judge than anyone else?

Have we lost a game that Obua's played in yet?

Airdrie was a draw. Have we not won the other 5?

Maybe they are lucky.

rudi must stay
Have we lost a game that Obua's played in yet?

Airdrie was a draw. Have we not won the other 5?

Maybe they are lucky.

we lost the airdrie game mate, because of his crap penalty

we lost the airdrie game mate, because of his crap penalty

Yeah that's fair. The penalty defeat, and the 120 mins without a goal before that were entirely his fault, in retrospect.

rudi must stay
Yeah that's fair. The penalty defeat, and the 120 mins without a goal before that were entirely his fault, in retrospect.

if it was a league game i'd agree it was a draw. It wasn't though it was cup game and we lost on penalties which is the reason we're out

if it was a league game i'd agree it was a draw. It wasn't though it was cup game and we lost on penalties which is the reason we're out

So the only reason we didn't win was because of the penalty miss?

rudi must stay
So the only reason we didn't win was because of the penalty miss?

i'm not saying that at all. It's just he said 'the Airdrie game which was a draw' it wasn't at all we lost and went out the cup

Jambof3tornado
They certainly are horrific. Come on Obua, do the right thing. Why try and wind up your own supporters.

Maybe he doesnt see the colour of his boots as having an effect in the winding up of his own supporters. If he scores with green boots does it not count??

Yes they are a horrible colour but its the feet thats in them that counts!!!:rolleyes:

Sigh

How many minutes has he actually mustered? Alex Ferguson couldn't judge a player in that time, never mind some of the armchair gaffers on here.

You give yourselves way too much credit.

Aint that the Truth ! :rolleyes:

Yes they are a horrible colour but its the feet thats in them that counts!!!:rolleyes:

Shows disrespect for the fans.

He knows that green is not a colour favoured by the fans,but still he waers the boots.

Imagine any hobo with maroon boots?

I think not.

Malcolm Tucker
Shows disrespect for the fans.

He knows that green is not a colour favoured by the fans,but still he waers the boots.

Imagine any hobo with maroon boots?

I think not.

Pretty sure Alan O'Brien was wearing the dark red (basically maroon) numbers yesterday similar to those that Miko wore early season?

Plus, from the picture I saw of Obua in Inverness he was wearing black boots with a yellow Nike tick?

Pretty sure Alan O'Brien was wearing the dark red (basically maroon) numbers yesterday similar to those that Miko wore early season?

Plus, from the picture I saw of Obua in Inverness he was wearing black boots with a yellow Nike tick?

Yes he was, green boots binned :)

As much as i hate the colour green and having any hearts player wearing green, at the end of the day its just boots and as he said its only advertising he gets money from nike to wear them.. why not?

unless nike are just trying to **** us off?

Yes he was, green boots binned :)

pic 5.jpg

Someone must have had a word and warned him that we're a touchy enough bunch as it is without doing stuff like that. It is silly, but it's definitely a no-no to wear the colours of your rivals.

Green boots look daft anyway, bit too much like camouflage for football pitches.

you should start a thread slagging them off. thats about your level.

What's wrong with starting a trhead about it? :(

If he has binned the boots, then I'd like to think I had some part in his "re-education"! ;)

Going back to an earlier point about whether or not he ever was SA Player of the Year, I emailed the Kaiser Chiefs and got this reply:

In 2005 - 2006 David Obua was nominated as one of the players who up for the player of the season award unfortunately he lost out to Surprise Moriri of Mamelodi Sundowns, for the same season though he was voted as the Kaizer Chiefs player of the season.

So looks like he came pretty close.

Give the man a chance.

Still cannot believe the strength of feeling about the colour of his boots though. Tynie grass has been green ever since I remember (actually brown a lot of the time) and Hibs players bleed maroon.

Going back to an earlier point about whether or not he ever was SA Player of the Year, I emailed the Kaiser Chiefs and got this reply:

In 2005 - 2006 David Obua was nominated as one of the players who up for the player of the season award unfortunately he lost out to Surprise Moriri of Mamelodi Sundowns, for the same season though he was voted as the Kaizer Chiefs player of the season.

So looks like he came pretty close.

Give the man a chance.

Still cannot believe the strength of feeling about the colour of his boots though. Tynie grass has been green ever since I remember (actually brown a lot of the time) and Hibs players bleed maroon.

Thank you for clearing that up, was as we thought.

Archived