Edinburgh house prices still rising...

Therapist

this_is_my_story

If you're referring to whom I suspect you are, he does seem to have been awfully quiet of late.

Not that I'm saying that's such a bad thing, you understand. :P

The article does indeed show that Edinburgh is different when it comes to the housing market, which puts to bed another myth peddled by said 'FACT' merchant.

this_is_my_story
The Economist has been Peter Panned.

Oh dear. Why was that then? Or maybe it isn't permitted to talk about someone if they aren't a poster on the thread? Apologies to Mods if this is the case. :)

The article about this in the EEN said the pricews have actually dropped by 6.4 in september and 7.9 in October, according the the Edinburgh Solicitor.

They say the land registry, who produced the report saying there was a rise, are actually 3 months out of date

I Predicted a bounce in the spring too, it looks like there was never a drop in the first place, interesting.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Dear oh dear. Edinburgh is losing jobs all over the place yet you think house prices won't be affected? Ok then!

There has been a drop, a look in the ESPC will tell you that. Houses in my area that would have sold almost imediatley have been on the market for 6 months. That's because folk wont accept you cannot get the same value for your property that you would have a year ago.

The article about this in the EEN said the pricews have actually dropped by 6.4 in september and 7.9 in October, according the the Edinburgh Solicitor.

They say the land registry, who produced the report saying there was a rise, are actually 3 months out of date

The article said they showed a rise in the third quarter this year compared to the third quarter last year. It also said there was a rise in the third quarter this year compared to the second quarter this year.

It never claimed to be up-to-the minute accurate.

The article in the paper doesn't say that. It says prices fell by 7.1percent in September and 6.8 in August (im now reading directly from the paper, apologies for the previous inacuracies) They say they fully expect the average price to come down and also "there is no point in trying to talk the market up. The important thing is the market is not dead if you are realistic about the price"

I've said it all along, Registers of Scotland is the only true barometer of house prices in the area.

I'm not surprised by these figures, I've said all along that Edinburgh is different, not matter how hard that is for some to swallow on here.

Nevertheless, there will still be decreases over the coming months in the area.

Does CC have a monopoly on gloating or can I get involved?

:P

I've said it all along, Registers of Scotland is the only true barometer of house prices in the area.

I'm not surprised by these figures, I've said all along that Edinburgh is different, not matter how hard that is for some to swallow on here.

Nevertheless, there will still be decreases over the coming months in the area.

Does CC have a monopoly on gloating or can I get involved?

:P

In The Economists enforced absence, the position of Chief Gloater is now available.

In The Economists enforced absence, the position of Chief Gloater is now available.

with zero percent interest just a few months away, and big tax giveaways planned, it might be a good time to buy come the spring. ( if you still have a job that is):eek:

sure CC is now CCC in the evening news comments... looks like his style anyway

Funnily enough I've thought exactly the same for several months now, ccc always pops up on the property related articles.

sure CC is now CCC in the evening news comments... looks like his style anyway

Looks like his style?

Looks like his ramblings, word for word more like!

Archived