Your realistic hopes for the current Hearts team?

Guest zeeko1

What are your realistic hopes for Hearts these days?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What are your realistic hopes for Hearts these days?

• Champions League winners (as promised by Vlad)
    • SPL champions (as promised by Vlad)
    • Uefa Cup qualification and the odd cup final win
    • Top six
    • Avoid relegation
    • Just seeing the club stay afloat is enough

Romanov's proclamations of winning the Champions League now seem a long time ago, but what are the realistic hopes for the current team?

MaskedMagician
Romanov's proclamations of winning the Champions League now seem a long time ago, but what are the realistic hopes for the current team?

4th this season, 3rd next then build from there.

ToadKiller Dog

the chance to catch the old firm has gone for the next while,the new revamped uefa cup (what ever it is called )should be our minimum aim every season,I think we will make a fight for it this season .

Nucky Thompson
As you said yourself in another post, you're an outsider. Now feck off with your smart ersed poll. Romanov Champions league blah blah blah:sobored:

We had a our day in the sun and our day in the doldrums but now we are back to the pre-Romanov era. 3rd place and a good run in the Scottish Cup and CIS is what we should be aiming for.

Let Csaba build his team and slowly by surely chip away at the mammoth gap between us and the old firm.

I mentioned that we have had our day in the sun. But we will rise again.

As you said yourself in another post, you're an outsider. Now feck off with your smart ersed poll. Romanov Champions league blah blah blah:sobored:

Charming.

You'll find I've posted a similar poll on the messageboards for all other SPL clubs (bar the Old Firm). No offence intended.

Mac_fae_Gillie

over next 3years

I expect 3rd-5th finishes

so hopefully 2 UEFA outings,again hopefully making group stage at least once.

1 Cup final,winning depends on oppenent and the day.

Think too many Jambos and the media just think rich russian same as Chelsea = major success,Vlad is long term and will not just buy 15 superstars.

Still think his man management over 1st 3 years was poop just hope he is wise enuff to learn his lessons,as he is a self made rich bugger i have to assume he can.

Just wondering if I should have included a 'Finish above Hibs' option? Would that have attracted a few votes. It seems to me that these days, more than ever, both clubs use the other as their barometer of success...something I'd suggest is counter-productive to both clubs when it comes to trying to see the bigger picture.

Uefa cup spot will do.. Then maby once we start getting the team sorted then go for 1st and 2nd spot.. Untill then 3rd and above hibs will do..:P

this_is_my_story
Just wondering if I should have included a 'Finish above Hibs' option? Would that have attracted a few votes. It seems to me that these days, more than ever, both clubs use the other as their barometer of success...something I'd suggest is counter-productive to both clubs when it comes to trying to see the bigger picture.

When it comes to the height of a club's ambitions, finishing above their city rivals is far more likely to be something that the impoverished fans of Hobornian will aspire to, most of whom would happily finish eighth every season, as long as Hearts were ninth.

The_Supreme_Being
Uefa Cup qualification and the odd cup final win

can't see anything else with this squad we've got

What game is your video from mate?

UEFA qualification and the odd cup final win is not bad based on our history over the last 50 years. But we can do better.

Top six. History tells us that Hearts need a truly outstanding side in order to win a Cup; and in the modern era, we've only ever finished 3rd when living either somewhat or colossally beyond our means. As long as we're cutting back, and especially as long as there's still question marks over the manager's autonomy (not so much because of Vlad, but because of Korobochka and Cervenkov), I have a very hard time imagining us becoming as proficient as Motherwell were last season, or Dundee United look like being this. I maintain that you have to be a good side in order to finish 3rd - but struggle to see us becoming one in the current circumstances.

Archived