Fifa says Team GB 'poses no risk'

speedbump

I dont think there any point in scotland joining up for a GB Team as most of our players wouldnt get a game..

Precisely, but that's no reason for not participating. Personally, I'm not happy to settle for mediocrity. Perhaps if the SFA and young players had TeamGB and the Olympics to aim for, they might actually put some effort in to improving themselves.

The standard of football in Scotland right now is, quite frankly appalling.

Incorrect. I'm anti-SFA, not anti-Scottish.

You'd be better doing odd-jobs to save the money for our bet rather than wasting time posting on here.

You're anti the Scottish national team actually - despite being a Scot yourself. Why?

In fact, the mods should just create a new "Unionist Drivel" topic, shunt all the Team GB / Tartan Army Biggots (sic) / James MhCcarthy / How Much I Hate The Tims crud in there, and let them get on with it. And leave the rest of us to talk about Hearts.

The most sensible post I've read on here in ages.

It can all be flowered up, covered in cotton wool demials etc, but what a United Kingdom team does is demonstartes taht it can be done. It either demonstrates that as a united nation it is a success, or as a united nation we are still not good enough. Whatever it does it helps enhance future arguements for British football. While internationally this may not amtter largely to many supporters the deeper situtaion needs to be considered. It WILL mean the END of Scottish Football and Scottish clubs getting into Europe.

Have a look at FIFA's record for clarity.

It can all be flowered up, covered in cotton wool demials etc, but what a United Kingdom team does is demonstartes taht it can be done. It either demonstrates that as a united nation it is a success, or as a united nation we are still not good enough. Whatever it does it helps enhance future arguements for British football. While internationally this may not amtter largely to many supporters the deeper situtaion needs to be considered. It WILL mean the END of Scottish Football and Scottish clubs getting into Europe.

Have a look at FIFA's record for clarity.

And both the British government and FIFA have a vested interest in this happening.

Yet more irrelevance. As you well know there is no current or proposed tournament that would require this.

On the other hand, at least you've had the guts to admit the naysayers are driven by anti-English feeling.

Some may well be driven by anti-english feeling but not everyone. Does every sport have to have a team GB?

Personally I don't believe that football should be an Olympic sport and I don't trust FIFA.

Archived