Recession survival strategies

Coco

Got that all wrong mate.just leave the car in gear and lift your foot off the pedal,the engine uses a fraction of what it would do by doing what you are doing

Youve got it wrong too.You put the car in neutral and cruise.

Another money saving tip, shop at barnardos don't buy anything new, you'd be amazed what you can buy from charity shops these days and it all goes to a good cause.

:)

I may be mistaken,but have you not only been self

employed for about ten days?

2 months now and am loving it....

Youve got it wrong too.You put the car in neutral and cruise.

You've all got it wrong, buy your petrol by the tenner's worth, not by the gallon, that way fuel price hikes won't affect you. ;)

You can also forge 10p's by filing the edges off 50's

We can all help by not buying anything new, car boot sales, and charity shops are the way forward.

Unfortunately we all have to eat so a good idea is for everyone to go on a diet, i also recommend shopping for food every day that way you can get the almost out of date stuff for a pittance.:rockon:

He's winding you up. He could eat very well on a budget of ?30 a week - comfortably!

A good few years ago a mate of mine was going through a bit of a hard time and DID live on beans on toast for a few weeks. I reckon it cost him about ?3 per week. 7 tins of 'savers' beans and 2 loafs of 'savers' bread.

?30 is a very reasonable shopping budget per week.

?3 a week? Jeez, I'd have loved ?3 a week on food. The actual cost was less than ?1.50. At the time, bread and Safeway savers were uber cheap.

3 x Savers Beans = 3 x 9p = 27p

4 x Savers Spaghetti = 4 x 7p = 28p

2 x Savers Bread = 2 x 18p = 36p

1 x Savers Marge = 1 x 36p

Total = ?1.27p a week.

It wasn't the crap food that was the problem, it was the bloody Drum tobacco that I hated...

?3 a week? Jeez, I'd have loved ?3 a week on food. The actual cost was less than ?1.50. At the time, bread and Safeway savers were uber cheap.

3 x Savers Beans = 3 x 9p = 27p

4 x Savers Spaghetti = 4 x 7p = 28p

2 x Savers Bread = 2 x 18p = 36p

1 x Savers Marge = 1 x 36p

Total = ?1.27p a week.

It wasn't the crap food that was the problem, it was the bloody Drum tobacco that I hated...

This is good stuff, you have proved you can live of 1.27 per week, impressive it just shows you how much you can save when you put your mind into something.:eek:

This is good stuff, you have proved you can live of 1.27 per week, impressive it just shows you how much you can save when you put your mind into something.:eek:

1 meal a day... Ouch

Robbos Right Peg
This week, I am drinking my own urine, usually after the weekend I find that it tastes like **** water beer anyway, then just the weekend to look forward too and start again.:P

Don't drink in Dickens then as that familliar taste of urine will be with you all week !! :rolleyes:

I'm a tight bas anyway, so I'm fine.

Got rejected for a TSB student account (!) two years ago, so have never had an overdraft, which is probably a good thing...

I take my lunch to work everyday prob saving ?100 a month.

Charge your mobile at work.

Turn everything off at the walls that doesn't need to be on overnight.

Wear more clothes instead of putting the heating on.

I take my lunch to work everyday prob saving ?100 a month.

Charge your mobile at work.

Turn everything off at the walls that doesn't need to be on overnight.

Wear more clothes instead of putting the heating on.

Good tips here, another old favorite cash saver is too watch TV in bed with all other lights and heating switched off in the house.:rolleyes:

This was about 5 years ago now. It would probably be just under ?2.00 now.

Jeezus, inflations a terrible thing......

Fantastic :rofl:

What I tend to do, to save petrol is don't use the car on un-necessary short journies. I also put my foot down on the clutch whist going down hills and approaching lights (not that you're really meant to do that!) but apparently it saves petrol!

It actually does not save you any more petrol than simply staying in gear and taking your foot off the accelarator.

The car needs to use just as much petrol when you are in neutral/foot down on clutch to prevent the car from stalling.

And as for our student house.

The heating is on very rarely.

I have begun to walk to uni instead of driving.

Get plastered on store bought booze to keep the costs down when you do go out.

Take my lunch into uni rather than buying it.

Not making too much of a difference so far to be honest.

The Old Tolbooth
I'm getting myself cryogenically frozen, to be reanimated in 5 years time. See you all then.;)

My better half has already done that mate, at least I think she has cos the atmosphere in my house tonight is frosty as ****!

Archived