Financial stability of Ukio Bankas.......

Gregorski

Or did Vlad really believe that he could turn HMFC into a world super power in football.

Or he simply believed there was/is potential to redevop the main stand with decent corporate facilities, financed at least in part by the hotel/apartment bit of the project.

Sometimes the simplest explanations, that fit best with the known facts, are best.

Besides, Expanding Capacity to match the likes of Preston, Burnley and Palace wouldn't really constitute "world super power" status

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
i don't think the stadium was ever going to be built just like i don't think lots of the crap romanov said was ever going to happen

But that is just an opinion JM, that is not fact. Too much work/finance has gone into it for it to have been a non starter from day one as far as I am concerned.

Will it still go ahead as originally planned, is a completely different question. Personally I think there is little to no chance in the present financial climate, therefore it could be a fair while until construction commences.

I have always been of the opinion that it would have made more sense to put up a stand similar in size (capacity wise) to the Wheatfield, with in built corporate facilities, changing rooms etc. In addition the money they are proposing to spend on the add on bits, hotel, office suites etc., could have been directed at the team.

My belief is, and has always been, develop the team and the fans will come, not develop the stand/add ons and the fans will come, after all as football fans it is the football people go to watch.

Once a good team was in place further ground expansion could then have been given consideration.

Besides, Expanding Capacity to match the likes of Preston, Burnley and Palace wouldn't really constitute "world super power" status

Would winning the Champions league constitue a world super power in football?

Would winning the Champions league constitue a world super power in football?

Looking at Porto, I'd say no

My point was that justifying the expansion of capacity to around 24,000 wouldn't need the fulfilment of the wildest ambitions on the playing side.

Guest jambomickey
But that is just an opinion JM, that is not fact. Too much work/finance has gone into it for it to have been a non starter from day one as far as I am concerned.

Will it still go ahead as originally planned, is a completely different question. Personally I think there is little to no chance in the present financial climate, therefore it could be a fair while until construction commences.

I have always been of the opinion that it would have made more sense to put up a stand similar in size (capacity wise) to the Wheatfield, with in built corporate facilities, changing rooms etc. In addition the money they are proposing to spend on the add on bits, hotel, office suites etc., could have been directed at the team.

My belief is, and has always been, develop the team and the fans will come, not develop the stand/add ons and the fans will come, after all as football fans it is the football people go to watch.

Once a good team was in place further ground expansion could then have been given consideration.

off course it's just my opinion mate.

Archived