minutes applause for j.brown and brookes mileson

freddiemac

Was just wondering if Hearts would be doing a minutes applause after the recent sad passing away of ex-goalie jimmy Brown and gretna owner Brookes Mileson. Who could forget Brookes walking round Hampden draped in Hearts scarves receiving an applause from opposition fans on a scale never repeated.

At a Gretna v Hibs match last season Brookes proudly sat watching the match wearing a Gretna/Hearts scarf ,much to the annoyance of the hobos.

no, lets do minutes silence and stick to it...

none of this applause cr*p... we're not irish

It's a European thing;) A celebration of the dead persons life.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I like the minutes applause for sportsmen

A minutes applause for war dead when youre supposed to spend the minute reflecting on the sacrifice they made is just plain disrespectful

I like the minutes applause for sportsmen

A minutes applause for war dead when youre supposed to spend the minute reflecting on the sacrifice they made is just plain disrespectful

Thats pretty much how i see it.

:mw_offtopic: but why was no hearts wreath outside old gretna ground? really sad that only one person left flowers , aye lots of people lost jobs, but lets face it they came out in force for the cup final. should i put tin hat on ?

Susie-Jambo-66
:mw_offtopic: but why was no hearts wreath outside old gretna ground? really sad that only one person left flowers , aye lots of people lost jobs, but lets face it they came out in force for the cup final. should i put tin hat on ?

I was also very sad that only 1 person had left flowers outside the Gretna Ground.

I would of thought that people would have thought a bit more about him :(

RIP :sad:

Was just wondering if Hearts would be doing a minutes applause after the recent sad passing away of ex-goalie jimmy Brown and gretna owner Brookes Mileson. Who could forget Brookes walking round Hampden draped in Hearts scarves receiving an applause from opposition fans on a scale never repeated.

At a Gretna v Hibs match last season Brookes proudly sat watching the match wearing a Gretna/Hearts scarf ,much to the annoyance of the hobos.

Depends what Celtic say on the subject - after all that disgrace for a club runs our game

FTC

The Old Tolbooth

But where does it end? At this rate were gonna be having a minutes silence every week! Soon we'll be asking who's turn for a minutes silence it is next week :wacko:

I was also very sad that only 1 person had left flowers outside the Gretna Ground.

when you think about it thought both owners where best of friends? or was that paper talk? either way still think hearts should have sent a wreath x

at the very least, the players should wear black arm bands (tomorrow) for jimmy brown, who played over 250 games for hearts.

out of respect, i would expect the match programme for the hamilton game to contain obituaries for both jimmy brown & brookes mileson.

J.T.F.Robertson
But where does it end? At this rate were gonna be having a minutes silence every week! Soon we'll be asking who's turn for a minutes silence it is next week :wacko:

We have close to 90 of them, every week as it is. ;)

Should only be for people with club connections.

Hopefully we have one for Jimmy Brown tomorrow night.

Nothing against Brookes,but has nothing to do with Hearts.

Should only be for people with club connections.

Hopefully we have one for Jimmy Brown tomorrow night.

Nothing against Brookes,but has nothing to do with Hearts.

I would say he had Hearts in this heart any manager who would go to the away fans and enjoy and joins us in our cup win is a man for me RIP Brookes

Liverpool seem to have one a month. Whoops did I just turn into Boris Johnston there;)

I would say he had Hearts in this heart any manager who would go to the away fans and enjoy and joins us in our cup win is a man for me RIP Brookes

Ok so the bloke put on a Hearts scarf once,doesnt mean we should have a minutes silence for him.

Ad ive said before,nothing against him,its not about being disrespectful here.

Minutes silence at Tynecastle should be reserved for those connected to HMFC.

stevieC@pivot

Who cares? I`m sorry he`s dead,but he has nowt to do with HMFC,as for Jimmy Brown that a different matter .

Thig Ar Latha
no, lets do minutes silence and stick to it...

none of this applause cr*p... we're not irish

Thought the applause worked brilliantly for Wallace Mercer. In the case of football people applause shows appreciation and is a celebration of life and is more suited to the football enviroment.

How many bunches of Flowers will be laid outside Tynecastle when Madfud meets his maker?? :gangsta:

alwaysthereinspirit
Depends what Celtic say on the subject - after all that disgrace for a club runs our game

FTC

I'm surprised Celtic fans haven't jumped on the Gretna band wagon yet. Feeling their pain and all the other $#!t that comes with being professional mourners when it takes their fancy. They make me puke.

best in the land

on main site, tribute to jimmy brown tonight.

minutes applause.

suitable tribute imo.

silence for war dead.

Archived