Chris Morgan on Iain Hume (Championship)

N User

Saw it at the gym this morning. Looks reasonably innocent from one angle but they then showed it again from another angle and it's a shocker. He must have caught the boy in exactly the "right" place with the point of his elbow. :sad: Hope the injured player recovers fully and quickly.

On a lighter note they also showed footage (I assume it was from S America) of two teams ganging up to take on the riot police. Great stuff. :)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Seen the incident a few times and its a complete shocker.

It also dispells the myth about the inept officials in the SPL.

The 4th official wasnt on the ball for this one :rolleyes:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

i always remember lee mcculloch demolishin him with an elbow, face was messed up! morgans a toss3r

Yes Hume is a Jambo, the bass player in my band is his cousin. I think Levein was after him for Hearts when he was at Tranmere but he eventually linked up with him at Leicester.

I remember when Leicester had a game at Sunderland a couple of years ago, he got a lift from the game with the kitman to Liverpool to watch us play at The Cavern!

He's a sound guy like, just waiting to hear how he is, I think he's been moved out of high dependency thankfully. I still haven't seen the elbow yet but it must have been brutal.

He's EXACTLY the kind of player Hearts should have been after. Terrier-like striker who scores plenty.

Hes a reletive of mine its been a scary weekend but hes been moved out off high dependancy so thats a good sign.Shocking challange players like that might now realise the damage they can do.Broken legs are almost expected from time to time but surgery on a broken skull should never happen playing football as a result of an elbow.He still considers himself a jambo and his family up here hope to see him pull on a hearts jersey before he hangs up his boots.

I hate that Morgan guy. Absolute animal.

Hope he gets done and banned sin-die.

He's consistently been a dirty ******* over the past few years. No great shock that Warnock employed him when he was in charge at Brmall Lane, but I had a higher regard for Kevin Blackwell than to keep employing and regularly playing this tube in the Blades first team.

Could you ever imagine this guy making a living as a pro footballer anywhere outside the UK? Not a chance, he's there for one reason only, pure imtimidation, no football ability whatsoever.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w-UOngEsutI

Hume may not play again. His injury is that serious. I can NOT believe that Radio Sheffield have tried to back Morgan up the last few days. The guy is a thug with a history of bad 'challenges'. He should be banned for life IMO. He meant to do that and you can see it in the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w-UOngEsutI

Hume may not play again. His injury is that serious. I can NOT believe that Radio Sheffield have tried to back Morgan up the last few days. The guy is a thug with a history of bad 'challenges'. He should be banned for life IMO. He meant to do that and you can see it in the video.

Jesus Christ, that's an absolute shocker.

The filth ought to be doing the barstard with assualt for that.

Animal :mad:

Having just watched the incident , that guy deserves to be locked up & the key thrown away.There was no way that he could claim that he was going for the ball only , his intentions were to get the player at all costs, he should never be allowed on a football pitch again.

I am a bit split on it

Very bad challenge and utterly shameful but I dont particularly like the fact Barnsley are already talking about legal action and such.

Hopefully the player recovers fully to play again and Morgan gets a heavy ban but unfortunate incidents like this will happen in football and unless he ends up having to retire I think legal action is OTT and will just set a precedent which could ruin football especially further down the ranks were clubs wont be able to afford the insurance against it

I am a bit split on it

Very bad challenge and utterly shameful but I dont particularly like the fact Barnsley are already talking about legal action and such.

Hopefully the player recovers fully to play again and Morgan gets a heavy ban but unfortunate incidents like this will happen in football and unless he ends up having to retire I think legal action is OTT and will just set a precedent which could ruin football especially further down the ranks were clubs wont be able to afford the insurance against it

surprise surprise you being controversial (not for thr first time or last probably) how the feck can you even consider defending that challenge.:eek: the guy is in hospital in HIGH DEPENDENCY, i know we all say that we should keep the police away from things that happen on the pitch but, i would say for something as serious as this then i think it is only right the police should be investigating, if anybody done that to someone in the street they would be done with assault.

I am a bit split on it

Are you for real ? If that happened in the street Morgan would get charged with GBH. Why should football be different? Indeed footballers should feel they have even more protectin in their workplace than they can expect on the street. It's a disgusting, premeditated (watch him have a look at Hume beforehand) assault and Morgan should have the book thrown at him.

Are you for real ? If that happened in the street Morgan would get charged with GBH. Why should football be different? Indeed footballers should feel they have even more protectin in their workplace than they can expect on the street. It's a disgusting, premeditated (watch him have a look at Hume beforehand) assault and Morgan should have the book thrown at him.

Have I said anything about that? No

but what happens if Barnsley sue for say a hundred k?

Insurance premiums go up, smaller clubs cant afford them, and go bust.

Injuries are part and parcel of football and I think clubs starting to sue for ones (other than career enders on the players behalf) will likely lead to a major problem for football, especially down the leagues and this is surely not good for anyone

Have I said anything about that? No

but what happens if Barnsley sue for say a hundred k?

Insurance premiums go up, smaller clubs cant afford them, and go bust.

Injuries are part and parcel of football and I think clubs starting to sue for ones (other than career enders on the players behalf) will likely lead to a major problem for football, especially down the leagues and this is surely not good for anyone

If what you say happens then players like Morgan will have to get their act together or they'll be out of a job because teams won't want to keep players who are more or less assaulting players on the pitch.

Its not as if they're suing for an injury that happens week in week out is it? Its a fractured skull caused by someone intentionally elbowing him. Think thats pretty good grounds for a court case if you ask me.

If what you say happens then players like Morgan will have to get their act together or they'll be out of a job because teams won't want to keep players who are more or less assaulting players on the pitch.

Its not as if they're suing for an injury that happens week in week out is it? Its a fractured skull caused by someone intentionally elbowing him. Think thats pretty good grounds for a court case if you ask me.

It will set a precedent and insurers will hike premiums to cover the risk.

The premiums paid wont be chosen dependent on individual players thus removing the animals from a team will have no affect and all clubs will pay drastically increased premiums.

In turn clubs will go bust as they cant afford it.

do you really think SFL clubs and lower english teams can afford to insure against injuries occured during football, overzealous challenges or on the park altercations that happen week in week out

I for one don't

Unless Hume has to retire no legal action for damages should take place.

It will set a precedent and insurers will hike premiums to cover the risk.

The premiums paid wont be chosen dependent on individual players thus removing the animals from a team will have no affect and all clubs will pay drastically increased premiums.

In turn clubs will go bust as they cant afford it.

do you really think SFL clubs and lower english teams can afford to insure against injuries occured during football, overzealous challenges or on the park altercations that happen week in week out

I for one don't

Unless Hume has to retire no legal action for damages should take place.

I think when there is a challenge that could have killed you then yes you have the right to sue the individual.

And there has already been cases of action against players for challenges.

Frankly it makes no difference to insurance premiums now or in the future. Insurance companies already incorporate premium rates for these exact circumstances so they will not be hiked up dramatically due to this one.

Also i dont see the level of claims rising due to this type of injury or claim as no precedent is being set.

So basically i think as usual a controversial statement by you doesnt actually hold up.

I think when there is a challenge that could have killed you then yes you have the right to sue the individual.

And there has already been cases of action against players for challenges.

Frankly it makes no difference to insurance premiums now or in the future. Insurance companies already incorporate premium rates for these exact circumstances so they will not be hiked up dramatically due to this one.

Also i dont see the level of claims rising due to this type of injury or claim as no precedent is being set.

So basically i think as usual a controversial statement by you doesnt actually hold up.

Name the sucessful cases were a player hasnt had to retire? I cant think of one.

Whereas barnsley are talking about suing for the period he is injured.

two points - it isnt the player suing and secondly if every club who had a player injured had a legal case then of course premiums will go up and kill off clubs.

I have no problems with players who have had to retire seeking damages for loss of earnings, I dont think though that a club should have a case every time a player gets injured.

Legal recompense should be retained only for when careers are finished.

Also if barnsley are so incensed they will be able to supply a crime number? of course they dont

As much as it was a bad tackle I dont think its worthy of legal action at this stage, and only if the player was to lose his career should it be.

I have to question what Davey is getting from this media stuff re suing

As much as it was a bad tackle I dont think its worthy of legal action at this stage, and only if the player was to lose his career should it be.

The thing is it wasn't a tackle. Tackles are part and parcel of the game and people can get hurt, so yes if it had been a bad tackle then fine your argument has some merit. However, this was a deliberate elbow into the head/face of a person, the kind of assault that puts lives at risk, not just careers. Morgan should be banned, without pay, for the duration of Hume's time out of the game and should then be given the maximum ban on top for this type of offence. And if Hume, or Barnsley, want to sue him too, then I hope they get the maximum payout.

Name the sucessful cases were a player hasnt had to retire? I cant think of one.

There was one a few months ago against Boro due to a Man Utd youth player being forced to retire, i'm sure it amounted to a few million.

alwaysthereinspirit
I am a bit split on it

:eek: You are such a wind up merchant. That is an assault and nothing less. Elbows the guy before the ball is near them and doesn't even need to jump to head it.

Archived