Best Memory of 05-06

Jamblow

A strange one maybe but mine was Craig Gordon's save in dying seconds of 2-1 win versus Motherwell.

It was then that I thought that that team could go all the way. Vlad never let us find out if they could or not.

when we beat Livingston at Almondvale 4-1. We were well up cruising first half demolition crap second,which seemed to be the thing that year signing

ARE WE CHELSEA IN DISGUISE

3 managers in one season all getting their team to ram 4 goals past the hobos

When Skacel scored at Parkhead it just felt like nothing could go wrong for us.

Also, the trip to Tannadice at the start of the season, the standard of football we played that day and the general happiness about the club was amazing.

I remember Pressley tearing Jankauskas a new one that day:)

Obviously there are an abundance of great memories. I would have to say it is between the Aberdeen, Rangers or semi. Or final. Or Celtic 3-0. Too bloody many to choose.

But one out of left field, the second game away to Livi. Every point was vital in the run-in to finish second. And Livi had pegged us back. With the scores at 2-2 Bednar came of the bench (after Hearts fans demanding him brought on) and ran through to win it 3-2.

In my opinion that was a massive win for us.

2005-2006 what a season...and my son's first as a ST holder age 10.Can't get any better 02-04-06....we love HMFC!

Obviously there are an abundance of great memories. I would have to say it is between the Aberdeen, Rangers or semi. Or final. Or Celtic 3-0. Too bloody many to choose.

But one out of left field, the second game away to Livi. Every point was vital in the run-in to finish second. And Livi had pegged us back. With the scores at 2-2 Bednar came of the bench (after Hearts fans demanding him brought on) and ran through to win it 3-2.

In my opinion that was a massive win for us.

I remember that game and me and my mate where watching it in his living room and when that 3rd goal went in we both went utter mental. The beer & Cider was going everwhere. Jumping on the couches and everything. What an important goal that turned out to be with everything being so tight at the top.

What a team we had that season!

:107years:

1-1 at Parkhead at the end, singing we are unbeatable and actually believing it. Little did we know...

And full time against Aberdeen, not just the noise from the stands but the players were going absolutely barmy on the pitch also, still have an image of Craig Gordon in my mind running to the half way line to jump about daft with the rest of the team.

Superb.

Why, why, why do we have to be where we are now. All self inflicted.

:sad:

One of the best years off my life. I will never ever forget it. Reading this thread gives me the ultimate shivers down my spine.

But the best part for me was the reaction after the full time whistle had went after the Aberdeen game & hearing the champions league tune.

BEST NIGHT EVER!!

This will sum it up for everyone. :107years:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fI18Eijg6dw

IMMENSE.

It really brings home the fact we played such good football and had such a great team. It also highlights the bitter sweet feeling towards Vlad. Thanks for giving us a team like that. But on the otherhand. He was the man who destroyed it.

On a side note. That 2-1 victory over Kilamrnock was vital as well. Chesney came on and turned the game.

Archived