Ukios Bankas Profit!

Independence

so you're happy with what we got just now then? as far as i'm concerned i can't wait to see the back of him and his puppets

Yes, pretty much. We could do with a couple of new players and need to shift some but this has always been the way at Hearts.

Guest jambomickey
Yes, pretty much. We could do with a couple of new players and need to shift some but this has always been the way at Hearts.

ok mate we agree to disagree! your entitled to your opinion and i respect your opinion but i totally disagree with you.

Not a bad profit for 9 months from only a small part of his empire:)

Yes but the price of metal is crashing. Steel is down from 900 in july to 300 now. So the rest of his assets may not do as well.

Francis Albert

If Vlad has succeeded in making Hearts contribute significantly to the profits of UKIO Bankas then any doubts about his financial genius are dispelled.

so you're happy with what we got just now then? as far as i'm concerned i can't wait to see the back of him and his puppets

jm, your arguing with one of them, Madfud could set fire to Tynecastle and IM would say it was for the best!! Ignore him, his heads that far up Madfud & his inbred sons erchie it's not real!! :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

However the current accounts do show a rather strange ?4m (approx) fee paid out by Hearts that was never explained...

IIRC..

Roman Romanov refused to tell those who attended the AGM where that ?4m went to.

Guest jambomickey
IIRC..

Roman Romanov refused to tell those who attended the AGM where that ?4m went to.

there's guys who make excuses for this regime not giving us answers to questions!

IIRC..

Doesnt look like they need the money though!!!

Are the fraud squad investigating? Surely you should take yor 'rock solid' evidence to the Polis?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ukio results are irrelevant in one sense unless they have lots of cheap money they're going to lend to us. Can't see that happening.

It would be nice to know when the club will release our accounts for the past financial year. Hopefully, it won't be February again.

portobellojambo1
The following is taken from the Ukios Bankas website today:

'Ūkio bankas Group reports the profit of LTL 83.8 million for nine months of 2008

2008 11 10

During nine months of 2008, Ūkio bankas Group earned LTL 83.8 million in unaudited net profit showing a 36 percent increase against the same period of 2007 (LTL 61.5 million).

?We are happy with good financial results of Ūkio bankas Group. Growth of the Group?s profit was influenced by the sales of subsidiaries that managed a real estate project in Moscow. But even if not considering the influence of this transaction, Ūkio bankas Group profit from the continuing operations grew 15 percent during nine months of 2008 compared to the same period of the last year and amounted to LTL 68.9 million,? said Edita Karpavičienė, Ūkio bankas Board chairwoman.

Ūkio bankas holds a 100 percent interest in companies Ūkio banko lizingas, Ūkio banko investicijų valdymas, Ūkio banko rizikos kapitalo valdymas, and Bonum Publicum. UAB Ūkio banko lizingas holds 100 percent of shares in RAB Ūkio bank lizing.'

However, I am far from being a financial wizard and do not even know how much LTL 83 million is, but it does state a profit increase of 36%.

I await the 'doom merchants' to start picking these figures to bits, but surely any form of profit in the current 'credit crunch' is good news?

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Not questioning your figures NBJT, however what is of more interest to me is figures for month 10 to date. I suspect any profit made in the earlier part of this year could have been wiped out totally in the space of a few days. They did report at end of August that at that point their profit margin was up by around 41%, within a month, and before the crunch really dug in in that neck of the woods it was down again by 5%. Historical figures are exactly that, historical, money wise it is the here and now that counts.

MMM A tasty profit, this will surely upset the peg sellers down at fester road who predicted the Armageddon.:107years:

It is public knowledge that Mr farmer had large sums of money invested in the stock market oops i wonder if he was heavily geared in RBS OR HBOS.

If there Guarantor goes belly up where does that leave the wee team ADMINISTRATION.:eek::107years:

Not questioning your figures NBJT, however what is of more interest to me is figures for month 10 to date. I suspect any profit made in the earlier part of this year could have been wiped out totally in the space of a few days. They did report at end of August that at that point their profit margin was up by around 41%, within a month, and before the crunch really dug in in that neck of the woods it was down again by 5%. Historical figures are exactly that, historical, money wise it is the here and now that counts.

They are not my figures, anyone can go on the Ukios Bankas website and there they are!!!!

I also said in the opening post that the 'doom merchants' would be along soon!

I cannot argue with what you are saying, as I do not know about finance, but surely even you can agree that it is not the figures that have been predicted by many on this site and of course the Hobos site. We have been hearing for ages that Ukio Bankas was about to fold because of the 'credit crunch' and it certainly seems that this scenario is very unlikekly!

portobellojambo1
They are not my figures, anyone can go on the Ukios Bankas website and there they are!!!!

I also said in the opening post that the 'doom merchants' would be along soon!

I cannot argue with what you are saying, as I do not know about finance, but surely even you can agree that it is not the figures that have been predicted by many on this site and of course the Hobos site. We have been hearing for ages that Ukio Bankas was about to fold because of the 'credit crunch' and it certainly seems that this scenario is very unlikekly!

When I referred to them as your figures I inadvertently missed out the words "in your post".

And I ain't no "doom merchant". Many organisations, very significantly larger than UKIO thought at the end of September this had all passed them by, and now they are having to think again. Do those figure prove anything, not in the slightest, however to you they seem to suggest UKIO is alright. No company is alright at the moment, many will disappear, either quickly or after a long drawn out period of struggle, some will survive, the figures you have reproduced prove nothing at all really, companies who were turning over more than ?19m per phone call are now up to their knees in tom tit.

When I referred to them as your figures I inadvertently missed out the words "in your post".

And I ain't no "doom merchant". Many organisations, very significantly larger than UKIO thought at the end of September this had all passed them by, and now they are having to think again. Do those figure prove anything, not in the slightest, however to you they seem to suggest UKIO is alright. No company is alright at the moment, many will disappear, either quickly or after a long drawn out period of struggle, some will survive, the figures you have reproduced prove nothing at all really, companies who were turning over more than ?19m per phone call are now up to their knees in tom tit.

OK!!!

However I bet RB of S, HBOS and Northern Rock wish they were posting these figures.

But I am sure you are right.

Still, not what many were predicting.

The Lithuanian Central banks initial reaction to the global crisis has been to drop reserve ratios from 6% to 4% in order to inject some liquidity into the system. But it's all a bit edgy in the Baltic

Over the border in Latvia Parex banka posted GDP 14.4m profits for Jan-Sep 2008

http://www.parexgroup.com/en/news/index.php?id426=11504

The Latvian Government has just taken a 51% stake

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bc3b322e-ae92-11dd-b621-000077b07658.html

According to broker notes, the results are weaker than expected. They are cutting future earnings forecasts as a result.

With the share price down another 9% this morning to 0.95Litas I can use my joke again - it is now traded in milli-Litas!

Yes but the price of metal is crashing. Steel is down from 900 in july to 300 now. So the rest of his assets may not do as well.

?300 per tonne, You will need to tell me where you are buying your steel from, as I could do with some of that. No denying steel prices are plummeting, but as far as I am aware they are nowhere near those levels, yet anyway.

Anybody who gives a dam about HMFC because it's them that is funding us.

Exactly, but don't let reason get in the way of prejudice - that is unforgiveable!!!

Francis Albert

I can't really judge how good or bad this news is or what it means to Hearts. But I use a simple test to decide my reaction. I imagine what the Hoboeconomists' reaction would be if the opposite happened - if the bank had announced a loss or decline in profits or (to take a previous example) if the debt/equityswap had been done in reverse and more debt added to Hearts.

boabyarsebiscuit
?300 per tonne, You will need to tell me where you are buying your steel from, as I could do with some of that. No denying steel prices are plummeting, but as far as I am aware they are nowhere near those levels, yet anyway.

Last night's Cash Seller price on the LME Steel Futures contract (Med and Far East) was 315 USD. If you don't close out a Cash position on the LME you take physical delivery (of warrants).

Get yourself an account with the LME, or contact an LME Broker, and "buy buy buy" to your heart's content.

Francis Albert

Unless they sold forward at 900 of course.

boabyarsebiscuit

Indeed. Any discussion of Mr Romanov's commodities projects (e.g. Aluminium Smelter in Republika Sprska) is complete guesswork as we'd need to see the companies' order books, cost of raw materials, hedging strategy, etc.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They might have done. However, since his idiot child is in charge of the plant, I'd have my doubts believing it.

Archived