Ukios Bankas Profit!

Independence

The following is taken from the Ukios Bankas website today:

'Ūkio bankas Group reports the profit of LTL 83.8 million for nine months of 2008

2008 11 10

During nine months of 2008, Ūkio bankas Group earned LTL 83.8 million in unaudited net profit showing a 36 percent increase against the same period of 2007 (LTL 61.5 million).

?We are happy with good financial results of Ūkio bankas Group. Growth of the Group?s profit was influenced by the sales of subsidiaries that managed a real estate project in Moscow. But even if not considering the influence of this transaction, Ūkio bankas Group profit from the continuing operations grew 15 percent during nine months of 2008 compared to the same period of the last year and amounted to LTL 68.9 million,? said Edita Karpavičienė, Ūkio bankas Board chairwoman.

Ūkio bankas holds a 100 percent interest in companies Ūkio banko lizingas, Ūkio banko investicijų valdymas, Ūkio banko rizikos kapitalo valdymas, and Bonum Publicum. UAB Ūkio banko lizingas holds 100 percent of shares in RAB Ūkio bank lizing.'

However, I am far from being a financial wizard and do not even know how much LTL 83 million is, but it does state a profit increase of 36%.

I await the 'doom merchants' to start picking these figures to bits, but surely any form of profit in the current 'credit crunch' is good news?

Apologies if this has been posted already.

However, I am far from being a financial wizard and do not even know how much LTL 83 million is, but it does state a profit increase of 36%.

I await the 'doom merchants' to start picking these figures to bits, but surely any form of profit in the current 'credit crunch' is good news?

Apologies if this has been posted already.

83.8 LTL = 19.94 GBP

Nucky Thompson
who gives a dam about ukio bankas?
Anybody who gives a dam about HMFC because it's them that is funding us.

who gives a dam about ukio bankas? i'm more concerned about the mismanagement of heart of midlothian

Yes, but surely the point is that Ukios Bankas are not about to fold etc as many posters on this board have alluded to over the last few months and the Hoboeconomists have been telling us!!!

Perhaps it is not a huge profit but it is a profit which the banks in UK will be unable to show.

As for the management of Hearts, surely that should be for a different thread?

Father Tiresias

All those millions of Lithuanian Litai equates to ?19.8m

Small man, small bank!

Guest jambomickey

as i say boo i'm more concerned about the mismanagement of heart of midlothian! hearts have been good for ukio banks by the way

as i say boo i'm more concerned about the mismanagement of heart of midlothian! hearts have been good for ukio banks by the way

Mickey, a strong UKIO is good for Hearts.

Nucky Thompson

Small man, small bank!

Not a bad profit for 9 months from only a small part of his empire:)

Small man, small bank!

Do you have your own bank?

How much money did it make this quarter?

Small man, small bank!

Perhaps, but a lot of Hoboeconomists and some posters on here have been telling us for months that Ukios Bankas are going out of business. This is NOT true!!!

I am sure the RBofS, HBOS and many other banks in this country would be delighted if they were posting profits of ?20 million.

I wish I was such a 'small man'. He also has many other business interests that may well be making profits!

Guest jambomickey
Mickey, a strong UKIO is good for Hearts.

ga a strong hearts is good for ukio bankas! ie hartley, skacel, bednar, gordon etc etc,

ga a strong hearts is good for ukio bankas! ie hartley, skacel, bednar, gordon etc etc,

Sorry but I just dont understand your post. If Hearts were making profits for Ukio Bankas then we would have no problem selling the club to new owners. I dont see a lot of interest in this solution!

Perhaps these figures, that are good news for Hearts and very bad news for Hobo fans, do not fit into your agenda?

You sure GA ? From a fans perspective things have not been that good for a fair while.

Option A or B

A. Ukio making money

B. Ukio struggling

Cant see how option B will be good for Hearts. It must have an affect down the chain. And I do appreciate things have not been good for a while.

Because the Lita is pegged to the Euro it has risen significantly against the pound over the last year.

Having bounced around between 19p and 20p for four years it's now closer to 24p and briefly hit 25p last month.

Meaning that while it may be 36% in Litas (LIT 61.6 to LIT 83.8)

It's a 70% rise in the Sterling value of their profits (GBP 11.7 to GBP 19.9)

There is a distinct possibility that Lithuania may unpeg itself from the Euro and devalue the Lita in an effort to dodge the worst of the current global economic problems but as Lithuania doesn't have a particularly big financial sector it's got a lot more freedom on that decision compared to Iceland where there was

Option A or B

A. Ukio making money

B. Ukio struggling

Cant see how option B will be good for Hearts. It must have an affect down the chain. And I do appreciate things have not been good for a while.

I can't see how option B will be good for hearts either. However I have not seen how option A has been good for hearts. We have been on option A for a while and to be honest the club is a shambles at times.

Just saying UKIO making money does not necessarily mean good times for us.

Guest jambomickey
Sorry but I just dont understand your post. If Hearts were making profits for Ukio Bankas then we would have no problem selling the club to new owners. I dont see a lot of interest in this solution!

Perhaps these figures, that are good news for Hearts and very bad news for Hobo fans, do not fit into your agenda?

what you slavering about? my agenda is for a succesfull hearts team, what we've got now is that what we were promised? there's a well known ex director under wallace mercer from your part of the worla and i suggest you speak to him in private and he will tell you how our club is being run.

I can't see how option B will be good for hearts either. However I have not seen how option A has been good for hearts. We have been on option A for a while and to be honest the club is a shambles at times.

It certainly has been.

Option A possibly gives Hearts more power to knock back bid's and get more money?

In fact, feck knows.

All in all - dont want UKIO falling on its erse though.

Alan McLaren, Gary Naysmith, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron are some of the good players we have lost pre-Romanov. It has always been this way.

Nevermind, when the new owner comes in he will give us all his money and make sure we keep all our best players and we will win all the trophies. :P:p:p

It certainly has been.

Option A possibly gives Hearts more power to knock back bid's and get more money?

In fact, feck knows.

All in all - dont want UKIO falling on its erse though.

I agree at least until we are free of VR's manky grasp.

Guest jambomickey
I wonder how much of that profit we've contributed to.

spot on drylaw! can't understand how some can't see hearts is good for ukio bankas, not just the millions on transfer fees, what about the name on shirts etc and the interest on the debt. romanov and ukio bankas have no love for hearts there only interested in what's best for there pockets

Guest jambomickey
Alan McLaren, Gary Naysmith, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron are some of the good players we have lost pre-Romanov. It has always been this way.

Nevermind, when the new owner comes in he will give us all his money and make sure we keep all our best players and we will win all the trophies. :P:p:p

the new owner might not promise the league and champions league eh?

spot on drylaw! can't understand how some can't see hearts is good for ukio bankas, not just the millions on transfer fees, what about the name on shirts etc and the interest on the debt. romanov and ukio bankas have no love for hearts there only interested in what's best for there pockets

It never has been for the love of Hearts though has it? And I dare say you could apply that to many if not the majority of clubs.

what you slavering about? my agenda is for a succesfull hearts team, what we've got now is that what we were promised? there's a well known ex director under wallace mercer from your part of the worla and i suggest you speak to him in private and he will tell you how our club is being run.

Oh you mean PS.

My comment was in relation to you stating that Hearts are making money for Ukios Bankas. I may be wrong but I just cant see this. I stick by the following:

'If Hearts were making profits for Ukio Bankas then we would have no problem selling the club to new owners. I dont see a lot of interest in this solution!'

What we were promised has at times got lost in translation. However, I obviously agree that the management is poor, but surely that is not for this thread. It has been done to death on other threads.

the new owner might not promise the league and champions league eh?

Sorry to quote u again JM but perhaps he didnt exepct people to believe it and saw his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Father Tiresias
Do you have your own bank?

How much money did it make this quarter?

No I don't.

The OP already posted how much it made.

How much if it's profit was taken from Hearts? The ?2.3m for Roman Bednar perhaps??

A successful Hearts is best for their pockets.

Guest jambomickey
Oh you mean PS.

My comment was in relation to you stating that Hearts are making money for Ukios Bankas. I may be wrong but I just cant see this. I stick by the following:

'If Hearts were making profits for Ukio Bankas then we would have no problem selling the club to new owners. I dont see a lot of interest in this solution!'

What we were promised has at times got lost in translation. However, I obviously agree that the management is poor, but surely that is not for this thread. It has been done to death on other threads.

yes that's who i mean and that's a man who mingles in the directors box and a man who i trust 100%

"all of the profits are as a result of 'asset stripping' activity on hearts. this news can only have one result for hearts... administration and certain financial collapse leading to liquidation. we tried to tell them but they had their heads in the sand, they are all ostriches, canny wait, they deserve it".

taken verbatim from a thread to appear on caravans.net at some point in the near future.

ps... tick tock.

Sorry to quote u again JM but perhaps he didnt exepct people to believe it and saw his tongue firmly in his cheek.

We were told not to take it too seriously as it is the way the Russian owners are when they take over at clubs.

Guest jambomickey
A successful Hearts is best for their pockets.

the hearts team pre romanov were better than the present hearts team and were run better, is that what we were promised?

Guest jambomickey
We were told not to take it too seriously as it is the way the Russian owners are when they take over at clubs.

no we weren't

Jam Tarts 1874

I think you will find that the transfer fees have gone to Heart of Midlothian FC, if you don't believe me spend ?1 to look at our accounts from Companies House. I also think you will find that UKIO have written off ?12m of the money invested saving Hearts around ?600k in interest.

You say "option A" didn't give us anything. Are you sure about that? I seem to remember a Scottish Cup, full houses, 2nd in the league and a pop at the Champions League, maybe I was just imagining it. :rolleyes:

Jam Tarts 1874
the hearts team pre romanov were better than the present hearts team and were run better, is that what we were promised?

I don't recal any direct quotes from Romanov or anyone else for the matter "promising" anything other than to keep Hearts at Tynecastle.

I always thought we were 'owned' if that is the correct term to use by UBIG rather than Ukio Bankas and they both trade as seperate entities?

Guest jambomickey
I think you will find that the transfer fees have gone to Heart of Midlothian FC, if you don't believe me spend ?1 to look at our accounts from Companies House. I also think you will find that UKIO have written off ?12m of the money invested saving Hearts around ?600k in interest.

You say "option A" didn't give us anything. Are you sure about that? I seem to remember a Scottish Cup, full houses, 2nd in the league and a pop at the Champions League, maybe I was just imagining it. :rolleyes:

right now give the negatives or have you got vlads blinkers on?

Guest jambomickey
I don't recal any direct quotes from Romanov or anyone else for the matter "promising" anything other than to keep Hearts at Tynecastle.

well you've got a short memory then

Romanov was our best option when he took over and he remains our best option.

If you want what is best for Hearts you should support our best option.

Not overly concerned about ukio bankas, as it stands they are funding hearts so I a profit obviously has to be better than a loss. Not sure how much of an effect this will have on hearts. We wont see any of it but at least finicially things aren't getting worse.

I wonder how much of that profit we've contributed to.

By my reckoning about 19.98m pounds.

spot on drylaw! can't understand how some can't see hearts is good for ukio bankas

I'm sure there are a lot of things you can't understand!

You're out of your depth here.

Guest jambomickey
Romanov was our best option when he took over and he remains our best option.

If you want what is best for Hearts you should support our best option.

so you're happy with what we got just now then? as far as i'm concerned i can't wait to see the back of him and his puppets

Guest jambomickey
I'm sure there are a lot of things you can't understand!

You're out of your depth here.

that's what you are! out of your depth

I think you probably were imagining the "pop" part, sure as hell looked like a pish poor attempt at football to me.

The accounts to date don't show Gordon or Bednar, it will be interesting come Feb / March to see where the former's fee ended up.

However the current accounts do show a rather strange ?4m (approx) fee paid out by Hearts that was never explained...

I'm sure some hobo at wee team .net will manage to turn this round into a negative story some how.

I wonder how Mr farmer is doing with his stocks and shares investments ?:4_1_72:

Charlie-Brown
I'm sure some hobo at wee team .net will manage to turn this round into a negative story some how.

I wonder how Mr farmer is doing with his stocks and shares investments ?:4_1_72:

Sir Gay is consulting the tea-leaves as we speak........ :laugh:

Archived