Reserve game?

Charlie-Brown

Sexton Hardcastle

Michael is the only first-team regular in a young travelling squad which includes the likes of Dumitru Copil, Ben Long, Ryan Wallace, Sean Mackle, Dennis Mclaughlin, Stephen Husband and Conrad Balatoni.

Kick-off at New Douglas Park is 2pm.

0-0 Just now i think according to futbol 24

Michael is the only first-team regular in a young travelling squad which includes the likes of Dumitru Copil, Ben Long, Ryan Wallace, Sean Mackle, Dennis Mclaughlin, Stephen Husband and Conrad Balatoni.

HT 1-1

Futbol24 only giving FT result

Templeton is due a chance going by the goals he is scoring in the reserves

He certainly is!

Gotta be better than Mole ;)

Hopefully he makes the bench again this week, no reason why he shouldn't, and the game is more suitable to get him on.

It would have been unfair to throw him in on Saturday IMO.

Just back from the game.....firstly it was baltic...but not as cold as the u19's cup game yesterday.

Stewart played in the first half, and was subbed at half-time. His passing was the usual hit and miss. Jamie Mack was in goal and pulled off a couple of great saves....we were caught with the ball over the top a couple of times, and looked shakey at corners.

Branny showed some good touches, mostly in the first half, but faded the longer the game went on. Templeton scored a good goal to draw us level not long after Hamilton had taken the lead, he cut in from the left drawing his shot accross the keeper from the corner of the box.

Husband worked hard, and I think he is ready to play in the reserves and make the step up from the 19's. He cant be far of the odd cameo from the bench for the first team.

Copil came on as a late sub, and played a few decent passes one a peach down the wing to the other sub....a very speedy, young Wallace. Not long after Copil came on Hamilton took the lead....5 minutes left on the clock....and I decided to leave and thaw out....serves me right if I missed us draw level. On the balance of play it was the least we deserved.

Hope this helps.

Charlie-Brown
Just back from the game.....firstly it was baltic...but not as cold as the u19's cup game yesterday.

Stewart played in the first half, and was subbed at half-time. His passing was the usual hit and miss. Jamie Mack was in goal and pulled off a couple of great saves....we were caught with the ball over the top a couple of times, and looked shakey at corners.

Branny showed some good touches, mostly in the first half, but faded the longer the game went on. Templeton scored a good goal to draw us level not long after Hamilton had taken the lead, he cut in from the left drawing his shot accross the keeper from the corner of the box.

Husband worked hard, and I think he is ready to play in the reserves and make the step up from the 19's. He cant be far of the odd cameo from the bench for the first team.

Copil came on as a late sub, and played a few decent passes one a peach down the wing to the other sub....a very speedy, young Wallace. Not long after Copil came on Hamilton took the lead....5 minutes left on the clock....and I decided to leave and thaw out....serves me right if I missed us draw level. On the balance of play it was the least we deserved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers trained one - what was the team?

Ha ha...was dreading that.

GK McDonald

LB Pass

CB Gowser

CB Devine?(young Stewart lookalike)

RB Kelly

CM Stewart

CM Husband

LMackle?

RM Branny

CF Templeton

CF McGlaughlan

Dont quote me on the above....the best I can do.

jamie McDonald

Shaun Kelly

Jonathan Brown

Matthew Park

Alastair Devine

Steve Husband

Branimir Kostadinov

Michael Stewart

Dennis McLaughlin

David Templeton

Sean Mackle

Ben Long for Stewart

Dumitri Copil for Mackle

Ryan Wallace for McLaughlin (I think)

Conrad Balatoni unused

Michael Ridgers unused

Very cold and missed the Hearts second goal however Templetons was well taken. Jamie McDonald made a particularly good stop late on. Oh and Korabotchka's hair is still getting darker.

Jam Tarts 1874

Maybe Stewart's inclusion was as punishment?

Interesting to note that Copil got on for 15 minutes, perhaps he is showing a better attitude now.

Anyone who was there want to rate players performances?

Jamie MacDonald - Sound performance, no chance with the goals and made one brilliant save late in the second half.

Shaun Kelly - Could possibly be blamed for the first goal but that would be harsh, it was just good play from Accies. Overall he looked good.

Jonny Brown - Looked classy as usual, some great touches and solid in defence.

Matthew Park - A player who I always thought was a bit suspect but improving week on week and had a good game yesterday.

Alastair Devine - Another player who did well yesterday, looked confident and played some nice passes out of defence.

Stephen Husband - Solid as a rock, as usual, ran the midfield and you tend to forget how young he is.

Branimir Kostadinov - Started lively and looked dangerous on the wing, but I would still like to see him played as a striker.

Michael Stewart - As someone else said, typical Mickey, some good passes some bad passes - came off at half-time.

Dennis McLaughlin - Normally comes on as a second half sub and does well on the wing but yesterday played through the middle and was less effective.

David Templeton - A real livewire with an eye for goal, took his goal well and could easily have had a couple more, one where he chipped the ball over the keeper and just past the post and another where he managed to put it past the post when he should have scored.

Sean Mackle - Doesn't look fully fit and still wearing a heavy bandage on his knee. Flitted in and out of the game.

Subs

Ben Long - came on at half time for Mickey Stewart. Big strong lad with a lot of skill - I'd never heard of him before but I was impressed.

Ryan Wallace - very skilful and took his goal well, a run from the halfway line, outpacing the Accies defence. It was the last kick of the game too, shame for those who left slightly early that they missed it! When he learns to use his colleagues instead of trying to do everything himself he'll be a big assett.

Dumitru Copil - Didn't get much time to do anything but showed some nice touches - maybe he's served his time and we'll see more of him from now on.

Overall, this was a good performance against an Accies team who looked older. The game could have gone either way but, on chances made, we should probably have won. I enjoyed the game but the cold spoiled it a bit, not as cold as Tynie on Sunday though!

[quote=

Subs

Ben Long - came on at half time for Mickey Stewart. Big strong lad with a lot of skill - I'd never heard of him before but I was impressed.

Ben came from Barnett FC- signed in the summer with Hearts. He's related to Stevie Banks, a nephew or cousin or something.

Ben came from Barnett FC- signed in the summer with Hearts. He's related to Stevie Banks, a nephew or cousin or something.

Bit of a strange one as he has hardly played at u19 level and then is dumped right into the reserves

Charlie-Brown

Thanks wee toon jambo, good to see an all round improvement in quality from the kids this season, quite a number are making progress.

The 19s played the day before, so a lot of fringe 19s got a run out in the reserves.

Ben Long's not yet broken into the 19s.

In that case I'm even more impressed. He didn't look out of place in the reserves.

In that case I'm even more impressed. He didn't look out of place in the reserves.

To be fair I think this is because of the Barnet youth set up

They basically have loads of amatuer teams who play in the amatuer leagues and only the best get a proper youth contract

As far as I can tell Long probably didnt get this so he has been playing in amatuer type leagues as opposed to your traditional youth development type ones and thus will have developed more physically i would imagine.

The reserve league is awful tbh and we would be well advised to get any sort of talent out on loan into the first division rather than use the reserves.

Bugger me, good post Prancer. I completely agree - surely throwing the likes of Brown, Park, Mackle, Kostadinov in the lower leagues would show whether they'll make it or not, and toughen them up while we're at it.

Sadly I think a few of them think their too good, I still remember Brannys brother crying at the suggestion he should go to cowdenbeath

I think part of our issues with loans is we send the below average ones to the 2nd and 3rd divison which is a waste of time.

We need to target the likes of Brown, McGowan and Rapnik and send them to 1st Div clubs were they will get a game week in week out.

The gap between the SPL and 1st div is noway as high as people claim, the 2nd and 3rd divison is just too low to proper develop players

jamboinglasgow
Sadly I think a few of them think their too good, I still remember Brannys brother crying at the suggestion he should go to cowdenbeath

I think part of our issues with loans is we send the below average ones to the 2nd and 3rd divison which is a waste of time.

We need to target the likes of Brown, McGowan and Rapnik and send them to 1st Div clubs were they will get a game week in week out.

The gap between the SPL and 1st div is noway as high as people claim, the 2nd and 3rd divison is just too low to proper develop players

Though I think players benefit from loans, I think that Csaba does not want this. The reason I think is that he sees them developing under his staff and plan rather than another club. Playing games is only one part of a players development, training and the right coaching is another. Csaba wants an U23 reserve team due to the fact that for him it is important for these players to be seen moving up the to the next stage, they still have the carrot of getting into the first team squad if their development continues.

Though I think players benefit from loans, I think that Csaba does not want this. The reason I think is that he sees them developing under his staff and plan rather than another club. Playing games is only one part of a players development, training and the right coaching is another. Csaba wants an U23 reserve team due to the fact that for him it is important for these players to be seen moving up the to the next stage, they still have the carrot of getting into the first team squad if their development continues.

Don't agree

St Johnstone were desperate for a LB and have a LW at LB at the moment (former jambo prospect Liam Craig), Why not offer them Matty Rapnik for the season.

Imo this would be far better than what he is doing at the moment.

Don't agree

St Johnstone were desperate for a LB and have a LW at LB at the moment (former jambo prospect Liam Craig), Why not offer them Matty Rapnik for the season.

Imo this would be far better than what he is doing at the moment.

While I agree with your earlier posts we should surely not send players out on loan to play out of position. I agree with sending players out on loan but I think Csaba's keen to see them develop at Riccarton before maybe getting first team action somewhere else. They need to learn to play the way Csaba sets out firts team up and you can only do that with his and our other coaches' input. Then maybe they could head out on loan to a team who plays similarly to us.

All IMO of course.

While I agree with your earlier posts we should surely not send players out on loan to play out of position. I agree with sending players out on loan but I think Csaba's keen to see them develop at Riccarton before maybe getting first team action somewhere else. They need to learn to play the way Csaba sets out firts team up and you can only do that with his and our other coaches' input. Then maybe they could head out on loan to a team who plays similarly to us.

All IMO of course.

Apparently Rapnik can play at LB as well as CH - I have even seen suggestions he himself prefers LB and simply is used at CH as Delands owns the LB spot

We_are_the_Hearts
Apparently Rapnik can play at LB as well as CH - I have even seen suggestions he himself prefers LB and simply is used at CH as Delands owns the LB spot

Don't agree. Rapnik played at Left back in Ireland in pre-season and looked lost and slow. He is defo a central defender. Deland is a cracking prospect.

jamboinglasgow

reserve highlights are now up. Good goal from Templeton, cracking goal from Wallace. If anyone wants to know what he is like watch that goal, shows his pace, skill and finishing.

Archived