Why has no media outlet condemned Celtic F.C. ???

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

For not having a minutes silence on saturday? A friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at the piggery was disgusted that there was no silence!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For not having a minutes silence on saturday? A friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at the piggery was disgusted that there was no silence!!

Because they are Celtic???

Walter Bishop
Because they are Celtic???

I think its a disgrace that this has been swept under the carpet, When our fans booed at hampden for the Pope`s death we made it on to CNN!!!!

Graham Spiers did in his piece?

I get the impression that a lot of people on here wanted Celtic to have a silence just so it would be disrespected and they could point score though which I find a bit sad.

Celtic knew it wouldn't be adhered to by every area of their support and took action to ensure it wasn't spoiled for the vast majority. Not ideal but certainly better than the alternative.

I think its a disgrace that this has been swept under the carpet, When our fans booed at hampden for the Pope`s death we made it on to CNN!!!!

And we?re trying to take the moral high ground. Some need to look in the mirror.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
And we?re trying to take the moral high ground. Some need to look in the mirror.

Can you not see the difference between the two? Seriously?

Drylaw Hearts
Can you not see the difference between the two? Seriously?

Unfortunately there are similarities between the 2.

2 seperate minutes of silence ruined by a bunch of morons.

Guest juvehearts
Were both not disrespectful?

what do boo someting that has no bearing or nothing to do with football.

the other, men & women, brothers, sisters, husband, wifes, sons, daughters fighting for everyone's freedom, a whole football team & their fans enroling to fight for this nation.

nah what is disrespectful is not observing a minutes scilence, for the fallen of the 2 world wars & the one on going in the middle east

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Unfortunately there are similarities between the 2.

2 seperate minutes of silence ruined by a bunch of morons.

Similarities yes, still plenty differences though.

nah what is disrespectful is not observing a minutes scilence, for the fallen of the 2 world wars & the one on going in the middle east

I agree that them not having a silence on Saturday was disrespectful but unfortunately so was booing the popes silence. Are we going to start grading the importance of silences from 1 for total silence to 10 for all out booing.

Guest Dipped Flake
I agree that them not having a silence on Saturday was disrespectful but unfortunately so was booing the popes silence. Are we going to start grading the importance of silences from 1 for total silence to 10 for all out booing.

I agree with you about the actions of our 'fans' being disrespectful (I would say disgraceful actually) for the Popes death but the point of this thread is the difference in the media reaction to the 2 things. It was worldwide news when our morons booed are hampden, but next to nothing is said about celtic football club being the only club in Britain (as far as I can find out) who did not have a minutes silence for remembrance day. Also, nothing was ever said about rangers being the only club in Britain (again as far as I know) not to have a minutes silence for the Popes death.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think there are people on here with agendas and they will have a go at Celtic regardless.

When a small amount of numpties booed during a minutes silence for the Pope, they claimed we were set up by making us go through that minutes silence, and that the minutes silence shouldn't have taken place at that game as it was always going to result in booing.

I'm sure it's the very same people, who are now saying it's wrong that Celtic weren't made to go through the same thing. It would appear the real issue here, is that some are dissapointed the Celtic bigots weren't allowed to make fools of themselves the same way our bigots did.

made the mistake of looking at the "Sun" this morning whilst at the hairdresser. Bill Leckie has an article in it and looking at the headline you would think that he was going to have a real go a Celtic and the bigots that populate Darkheid - unfortunately most of the piece degenerated into throwing insults mostly in our discretion because of our Lithuanian owner. I think one of the terms he used in the article was calling us "farty wee Edinburgh copy cat bigots".

With people like Leckie involved in the media with their skewed view on the world, it's little surprise that absolutely nothing will be done to bring the Old Firm Bigots to book.

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree with you about the actions of our 'fans' being disrespectful (I would say disgraceful actually) for the Popes death but the point of this thread is the difference in the media reaction to the 2 things. It was worldwide news when our morons booed are hampden, but next to nothing is said about celtic football club being the only club in Britain (as far as I can find out) who did not have a minutes silence for remembrance day. Also, nothing was ever said about rangers being the only club in Britain (again as far as I know) not to have a minutes silence for the Popes death.

In our case, our morons went ahead with their moronic booing.

In Celtics case, their morons booing was pre-empted by having a minutes applause instead. So the booing didn't actually happen.

Did you expect a headline speculating that "Celtics fans would've booed had they had a minutes silence rather than a minutes applause?" :eek::P

With the minutes silence for the Pope...I didn't condone the booing, But WTF had he got to do with Scottish Football??

Why didn't S C U M Fc have a minutes applause for him??

Because it didn't suit there agenda, They KNEW an element of our fans would Boo, and were DELIGHTED when they did... This gave the "Profesional Mourners" the moral high ground they were looking for!

On Saturday, they new that an element of their S C U M support would boo or worse sing pro IRA songs, so they took the oportunity to have a minutes applause, as Usual the GFA bent over backwards to accomodate these C**** and there "Warmonger" director (S C U M sopporters word, not mine!!)!!

Wish Hearts had asked for a minutes applause for the Pope's death...Wonder what reaction that would have got?? :mad:

Guest Dipped Flake
I think there are people on here with agendas and they will have a go at Celtic regardless.

When a small amount of numpties booed during a minutes silence for the Pope, they claimed we were set up by making us go through that minutes silence, and that the minutes silence shouldn't have taken place at that game as it was always going to result in booing.

I'm sure it's the very same people, who are now saying it's wrong that Celtic weren't made to go through the same thing. It would appear the real issue here, is that some are dissapointed the Celtic bigots weren't allowed to make fools of themselves the same way our bigots did.

I agree with some of what you say. I certainly did want celtic football club shown up as the bigots a lot of them are but my main issue is that the SPL went out of their way to avoid this happening and nobody is making a big thing of this. Also, if you check my post history, you would certainly find that I am not one of those posters with a celtic agenda. I constantly come out against the orange bigots in our support who spend most of their lives looking for some anti-celtic stuff to post

The NOTW ran a piece on it yesterday, which in all fairness ripped them to bits for it. Apparently "around 60" fans walked out during the applause leading to boos at them from the rest of ra Sellik fans for disrespect.

Also, the protest against the applause by the 'hardcore' element of the suppport was described by a Celtic spokeswomen as "not worth mentioning". Well i'm bloody sorry but I think it was....****....

With the minutes silence for the Pope...I didn't condone the booing, But WTF had he got to do with Scottish Football??

Why didn't S C U M Fc have a minutes applause for him??

Because it didn't suit there agenda, They KNEW an element of our fans would Boo, and were DELIGHTED when they did... This gave the "Profesional Mourners" the moral high ground they were looking for!

On Saturday, they new that an element of their S C U M support would boo or worse sing pro IRA songs, so they took the oportunity to have a minutes applause, as Usual the GFA bent over backwards to accomodate these C**** and there "Warmonger" director (S C U M sopporters word, not mine!!)!!

Wish Hearts had asked for a minutes applause for the Pope's death...Wonder what reaction that would have got?? :mad:

Maybe you should point your ire in the direction of the bigots who boo-ed the silence and tarnished the reputation of our club as opposed to Celtic who simply gave them the platform to do so.

In Celtics case, their morons booing was pre-empted by having a minutes applause instead. So the booing didn't actually happen.

Did you expect a headline speculating that "Celtics fans would've booed had they had a minutes silence rather than a minutes applause?" :eek::P

Are you REALLY a Hearts Supporter??? :eek:

Did you go to a Remembrance service??

Can you REALLY not see the difference....Ach I'll leave it, I now KNOW your a :hobofish:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
made the mistake of looking at the "Sun" this morning whilst at the hairdresser. Bill Leckie has an article in it and looking at the headline you would think that he was going to have a real go a Celtic and the bigots that populate Darkheid - unfortunately most of the piece degenerated into throwing insults mostly in our discretion because of our Lithuanian owner. I think one of the terms he used in the article was calling us "farty wee Edinburgh copy cat bigots".

With people like Leckie involved in the media with their skewed view on the world, it's little surprise that absolutely nothing will be done to bring the Old Firm Bigots to book.

:eek:

Really?!

Certainly some of our 'morons' as you put it would have been happy for their Celtic counterparts to be shown up to be equally as bad.

But it does stick in the craw that we were knowingly hung out to dry by the SFA re that tribute to the Pope, yet we see Celtic continue to avoid the same sectarian spotlight by using an SFA sanctioned get-out-of-jail-free card.

Remind me again, JR, did Celtic FC attract ANY attention for their 'dirty orange *******s' chant in response to the booing during the Pope's minute of silence?

Colonel Kurtz

This wil be a litmus test about who in the media is lickin which erse.

Murrays monkeys tend now to be in The Sun,NOTW tree ,whilst Timothy are spread amongst the BBC and other print outlets

Guest JamboRobbo
Are you REALLY a Hearts Supporter??? :eek:

Did you go to a Remembrance service??

Can you REALLY not see the difference....Ach I'll leave it, I now KNOW your a :hobofish:

A not unexpected level of response from yourself.

ChemicalJambo

We were set up for the pope's silence, everyone knows we have a small minority that share the views of rangers fans so booing was always likely and we were given no protection.

Where as there was no chance Ibrox would have been asked to do a minutes silence and same for Celtic at the weekend, the applause was a handy get out offered to them

Maybe Hearts need to accept the problem and manage it better. And its a social problem more than a football one, the law should control people not football clubs

Guest JamboRobbo

Remind me again, JR, did Celtic FC attract ANY attention for their 'dirty orange *******s' chant in response to the booing during the Pope's minute of silence?

i don't know and I don't care mate.

it should have been made clear to celtic in no uncertain terms that it was either a silence or no tribute at all.

you can't just unilaterally decide to have your own half-assed tribute in order to fit in with your bigot followers.

i hope next year they are told not to take part and to leave it to the clubs who actually care about remembering the people who made the sacrifice.

Certainly some of our 'morons' as you put it would have been happy for their Celtic counterparts to be shown up to be equally as bad.

But it does stick in the craw that we were knowingly hung out to dry by the SFA re that tribute to the Pope, yet we see Celtic continue to avoid the same sectarian spotlight by using an SFA sanctioned get-out-of-jail-free card.

Whilst it's irritating we should really focus on the things we can directly control. Our own fan base. Once we've wiped out the nonsense that a minority perpetuate we can then look to condemn others.

Lets try to get a few important facts straight.

The one minutes silence for the pope at the semi-final was a full two weeks after his passing and indeed after his burial. Why did the SFA feel it was appropriate to hold the silence after his burial when surely all people who felt they needed to mourn and pay respects had ample opportunity to do so.

Why did the SFA feel it was appropriate to NOT hold a minutes silence at the Motherwell v Rangers match the day AFTER his passing.

Why oh why do we insist on having a minutes silence for religious leaders at a football match when the majority of one half of the crowd have no allegiance to the deceased person.

Why were Celtic fans at this Sunday lunchtime kick off in the first place if they put some much fervour into paying their respects surely they should have attended Chapel instead to pay the appropriate respects.

We were set up and sadly we took the bait.

As for Saturdays match, Celtic were asked to pay respect to the fallen over two world wars and current conflicts. Maybe it has bypassed their narrow minds but the great wars did not differentiate on religion when taking the lives of millions.

Anyone who cannot see the difference here really needs to have a word.

:mad:

alwaysthereinspirit

To be fair to Celtic. The minutes applause is now the British tradition. At least it was for Tommy Burns and Jimmy Johnstone.:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

What bait? A man dying? Sorry, but thats not exactly "bait" to any reasonable person mate. We have morons in our support. That is our problem.

Celtic have morons in their support. That is their problem.

I know Celtic have a wonderful PR machine and they manage to hide most things but any of the press I have read and listened to has condemned Celtic for having an inapproariate applause against respectful silence and remembrance.

Also, if the exceptionally small demonstrations within the ground have been reported accurately, Celtic may even have missed out on the biggest PR coup ever. It would seem the vast majority of the support on Saturday were either willingly repectful to the war dead and injured or at the very least, weren't prepared on this occassion to put their club's name throught the mire.

Perhaps the next time a minutes silence is forced upon (elements of) the Hearts support for which they are not in agreement, they engage their brains first and think of the ramifications for Heart of Midlothian.

Pity back in 2005 none of our self confessed highly intelligent and very successful 'anti everything Celtic fans' hadn't come up an out of stadium leaflet protest, quiet walk-out, non-walk in instead of dragging the great name of Heart of Midlothian through the gutter and world press.

Maybe just maybe, they (Celtic) get away with it because they are a hell of a lot brighter than we give them credit for. Or some of our fans aren't a hundredth of the intelligence they seem to give themselves credit for.

The one minutes silence for the pope at the semi-final was a full two weeks after his passing and indeed after his burial. Why did the SFA feel it was appropriate to hold the silence after his burial when surely all people who felt they needed to mourn and pay respects had ample opportunity to do so.

Why did the SFA feel it was appropriate to NOT hold a minutes silence at the Motherwell v Rangers match the day AFTER his passing.

Why oh why do we insist on having a minutes silence for religious leaders at a football match when the majority of one half of the crowd have no allegiance to the deceased person.

Why were Celtic fans at this Sunday lunchtime kick off in the first place if they put some much fervour into paying their respects surely they should have attended Chapel instead to pay the appropriate respects.

As for Saturdays match, Celtic were asked to pay respect to the fallen over two world wars and current conflicts. Maybe it has bypassed their narrow minds but the great wars did not differentiate on religion when taking the lives of millions.

I'm not a Catholic yet I managed to observe the 45 seconds of silence we mustered for the Pope. Many never. Any idea why?

When you start trying to compare the merits of silences in such an objective fashion you just come across as ignorant.

Everybody has the right to observe/disapprove depending on their beliefs and everybody else has the right to judge individuals depending on their actions.

Out of interest, to those who describe the Pope's silence as "baiting" - what is your opinion on the silence we observed for Wallace Mercer at the following derby. To those of a twisted mind who don't get outside much i'm sure that could be considered baiting after his actions during his stewardship.

As far as i'm concerned, all shows of respect should be silences and any decent human being who doesn't wish to observe the silence due to their own personal beliefs should stay in the concourse area for the duration.

I'm not a Catholic yet I managed to observe the 45 seconds of silence we mustered for the Pope. Many never. Any idea why?

When you start trying to compare the merits of silences in such an objective fashion you just come across as ignorant.

Everybody has the right to observe/disapprove depending on their beliefs and everybody else has the right to judge individuals depending on their actions.

So I come across as ignorant, do I?

I attended said match and stayed silent. The point is why was it deemed necessary when they are had been plenty of time prior to this game for those who wished to pay their respects to do so.

And again I will repeat there is NO need to ask fans within a football arena to pay respects to a religious leader. None what-so-ever.

Yours in complete ignorance.

What bait? A man dying? Sorry, but thats not exactly "bait" to any reasonable person mate. t. That is our problem.

You read what you want to read in a post!! Try reading the WHOLE POST!!

Some people on here (I was going to say Hearts Supporters, But with you, I don't think so!!) are only happy when having a dig at the Hearts support, no wonder the Weegie media keep up the bias against us, It seems the only support in this country that do any wrong are Us!!

As for the highlighted bit...We Certainly do!! :rolleyes:

What bait? A man dying? Sorry, but thats not exactly "bait" to any reasonable person mate. We have morons in our support. That is our problem.

Explain why the same authorities who approved the silence at Hampden did not do so for the Motherwell v Rangers match? How can that be?

Guest JamboRobbo
You read what you want to read in a post!!

Says the man who goes round calling fellow Jambos Hobos if they say something he disagrees with.

it should have been made clear to celtic in no uncertain terms that it was either a silence or no tribute at all.

you can't just unilaterally decide to have your own half-assed tribute in order to fit in with your bigot followers.

i hope next year they are told not to take part and to leave it to the clubs who actually care about remembering the people who made the sacrifice.

Well said that man.:bravo:

Guest JamboRobbo
Explain with the same authorities who approved the silence at Hampden did not do so for the Motherwell v Rangers match? How can that be?

Let me guess? The alians are out to get HMFC? I don't know and I don't care. Motherwell v Rangers has nothing to do with HMFC.

Still waiting to hear how a man dying can be considered "bait".

Was it "bait" when we had a tribute to Wallace Mercer versus the Hobos?

Explain why the same authorities who approved the silence at Hampden did not do so for the Motherwell v Rangers match? How can that be?

You'll need to enlighten me as to how the silences are authorised.

I'm assuming Celtic requested a silence for the Pope and that was granted.

By the same token i'm assuming Rangers didn't.

In all honesty, the reasons for the silence and the decision to host it are really none of my concern. The actions of the Hearts fans present are.

For one, I do wonder how the Catholic Hearts' players felt when their own support was boo-ing their religious leader. Must have been quite difficult for them.

Explain with the same authorities who approved the silence at Hampden did not do so for the Motherwell v Rangers match? How can that be?

Big man, as I said on Saturday, this place is infested with Hobo's and other infiltrators, Half the arguments on the Silence for remembrance day are beyond a Joke....It's OUR Fault they never had a minutes silence, because some Hearts supporters didn't stay silent for a religious leader who died 2 weeks before!! :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if some on here didn't actually AGREE with the

S C U M walkout!! :mad:

Anyone trying to defend the booing of a silence for a dead man really needs to have a word. There are differences, slight differences, nothing much in it though.

Archived