Paying Arbroath there share of Webster fee

3inaBednar

Drylaw Hearts
Obviously you missed, or chose to ignore, the word "possibly" in brackets.

I didn't.

By using the word 'possibly' it indicates to me that you thought it was worthwhile investigating if this was an option.

As I said......

Ridiculous suggestion.

I didn't.

By using the word 'possibly' it indicates to me that you thought it was worthwhile investigating if this was an option.

As I said......

Ridiculous suggestion.

As ridiculous as your sham embarrassment last week.

I mentioned it as a POSSIBLE OPTION as there have been many rumours about a cash-flow problem. I know constructive solutions re Hearts never appeal to you. It's much easier to criticise.

Drylaw Hearts
As ridiculous as your sham embarrassment last week.

??

I mentioned it as a POSSIBLE OPTION as there have been many rumours about a cash-flow problem. I know constructive solutions re Hearts never appeal to you. It's much easier to criticise.

I love constructive solutions.

I hate it when people offer silly suggestions rather than criticise the Club for not paying money they clearly stated would be paid "shortly" back in April.

The most constructive solution is that Hearts pay them the bloody money and stop messing about. I doubt they'd take the loan of some of our players as being a comparable solution, what if they didn't think they were good enough :)

??

I love constructive solutions.

I hate it when people offer silly suggestions rather than criticise the Club for not paying money they clearly stated would be paid "shortly" back in April.

See my reply at post 49 where I have criticised the club and also made a suggestion if for some reason, like cash-flow, it is not immediately possible.

As regards silly, HMFC once sued Plymouth Argyle for compensation when Bobby Moncur left us to be their manager. They could not pay but transferred a FB called Brian McNeil to satisfy the debt. The only silly thing I could see is that you call yourself Drylaw Hearts. It should be Drylaw Hibs or Drylaw Anti-Hearts as you say little or nothing positive about the club.

See my reply at post 49 where I have criticised the club and also made a suggestion if for some reason, like cash-flow, it is not immediately possible.

As regards silly, HMFC once sued Plymouth Argyle for compensation when Bobby Moncur left us to be their manager. They could not pay but transferred a FB called Brian McNeil to satisfy the debt. The only silly thing I could see is that you call yourself Drylaw Hearts. It should be Drylaw Hibs or Drylaw Anti-Hearts as you say little or nothing positive about the club.

If you think the cash flow problem is so bad we can't pay a derisory amount then the last thing we should be worrying about is paying Arbroath.

If you think the cash flow problem is so bad we can't pay a derisory amount then the last thing we should be worrying about is paying Arbroath.

I didn't say the cash-flow was bad , or good, I said IF for some reason LIKE cash-flow......

I didn't say the cash-flow was bad , or good, I said IF for some reason LIKE cash-flow......

And I said IF you think cash-flow is that bad. You used the word not me. If you didn't think it was a possibility you should not have said it. All i am saying if cash-flow is so bad we can't pay Arbroath then the last thing I would be worried about is them getting their money.

Maybe the cheque has just got lost in the post (several times) or not enough postage was paid or no-one at Arbroath was there to sign for it recorded delivery so it's sat in a sorting office. Royal Mail are crap after all - sure this isn't Hearts fault:)

Nucky Thompson

I couldn't really give a feck to tell you the truth. Who at Hearts pays whoever late doesn't bother me, it's the results on the park and I think we are about to go on a wee run:)

Guest Dipped Flake

Not read through all this but my view is that Hearts should not be forced to pay Arbroath anything as we never got a transfer fee for him, only compensation for the remainder of his contract. However, I feel we should pay them as Arbroath have done nothing wrong in all of this and the amount is insignificant compared to the rest of our debt.

It would have been a good bit of PR for the club to have come out and said that they were disgusted with the actions of Webster in engineering a move to rangers, via Wigan, and so losing Arbroath thousands of pounds but that Hearts have decided to pay Arbroath anyway.

Now, we are seen as the bad guys yet again..

And I said IF you think cash-flow is that bad. You used the word not me. If you didn't think it was a possibility you should not have said it. All i am saying if cash-flow is so bad we can't pay Arbroath then the last thing I would be worried about is them getting their money.

I do not know if the cash-flow is a problem or not, and do not have an opinion one way or the other but if you read post#54 I said rumours suggest (not me).

I don't honestly care too much about what Arbroath have to say. They're quick enough to give quotes to the press about us but said bugger all about the Webster situation in relation to goings on at Rangers and Wigan.

I get it. They just want their money. That's fine, they're a wee club and ?16k is a big deal to them. But both clubs were shafted and Hearts shouldn't be forced to pay them anything if they don't legally have to do so. We didn't get a transfer fee, we got compensation. If Arbroath want to bitch to someone about that they should start directing their press quotes at those who ARE to blame for their situation.

Maybe we haven't paid them because we're slow payers, or maybe it's because there's legal stuff going on. I don't really care which it is, but it might be interesting to know more about it if it's the latter....

john brownlee

As it wasn't a transfer fee then IMO arbroath should get nothing. They then should do what we done and go through the courts and get compensation

from judus not us. It was judas that reneiged not us.

I couldn't really give a feck to tell you the truth. Who at Hearts pays whoever late doesn't bother me, it's the results on the park and I think we are about to go on a wee run:)

Would you give a feck if Sunderland decided to withhold the next instalment of the Gordon money due this month, Boo?

Nucky Thompson
Would you give a feck if Sunderland decided to withhold the next instalment of the Gordon money due this month, Boo?
Nope. I would leave in the hands of whoever deals with those things at the club and worry if we're going to pick up 3 points in our next fixture.

harthill jambo
http://sport.scotsman.com/top-stories/Football-news-Hearts-are-reported.4675555.jp

Arbroath invoiced Hearts on August 1st this year, seems the club still haven't passed Arbroath's rightful share of the fee on.

Over 3 months and not paying seems very unprofessional, not sure why HMFC would do this.

I don't want this to be a negative thread and the hibsman are just printing this in their usual agenda of negativity towards HMFC but I do fell the club should really have paid up by now. I don't believe we don't have the money it just seems the accountants diny settle within UK expectations of invoice pay dates. As an example having done business in Poland, it is accepted that an invoice should be settled within 6 months of billing, just the way it is over there.

Seems harsh on Arbroath as i'm sure 16k would help them loads in terms of basic get by week by week cash flow.

I thought they only got 17% of the sell on fee. we did not sell Webster he walked out and we were given compensation because he used some clause or other, so in theory we owe them sweet FA,

A lot of people are saying it was a sell on clause, however, who has seen the contract?

I would expect lawyers to word it better than sell on.

i.e 17.5% of any future income relating to the movement of andy websters contract

There is no way romanov would have said we had to pay if we didnt

We owe Arbroath the money, lets pay up and not make even more enemies

In an ideal world, we'd have given them the cash at the time, made it clear we didn't have to (if tht's the case - I'm not sure of the contractual details) and benefitted from some good PR, while making it clear who the real villains in this piece are (Judas, Duddie, Der Hun, Wigan and that hypocrite Dave Whelan). However that's past, the economic climate's changed and we have what appears to be a real cashflow problem.

I heard a couple of stories at the weekend from first-hand reliable sources, which while not earth-shattering on their own, combined with this and some of the other payment issues that have done the rounds recently, suggest that we're very short of cash. And no, I'm not going to go into the details as I'm not providing the sworn, signed statements and photographic evidence that the K(G)B Stasi demand!

So, if we do actually owe them money, then of course we should pay - they might strugle to get it though. If we don't actually owe them anything, then I think we need that money more than them! :eek:

Sorry for the doom and gloom, damn Hobo that I am! :P

Geoff Kilpatrick

The SFA could stop us signing players in the January window if we don't settle this.

Mind you, it would give some of the doom-mongers nothing to moan about as no Kaunas players could arrive! :P

Archived