Paying Arbroath there share of Webster fee

3inaBednar

http://sport.scotsman.com/top-stories/Football-news-Hearts-are-reported.4675555.jp

Arbroath invoiced Hearts on August 1st this year, seems the club still haven't passed Arbroath's rightful share of the fee on.

Over 3 months and not paying seems very unprofessional, not sure why HMFC would do this.

I don't want this to be a negative thread and the hibsman are just printing this in their usual agenda of negativity towards HMFC but I do fell the club should really have paid up by now. I don't believe we don't have the money it just seems the accountants diny settle within UK expectations of invoice pay dates. As an example having done business in Poland, it is accepted that an invoice should be settled within 6 months of billing, just the way it is over there.

Seems harsh on Arbroath as i'm sure 16k would help them loads in terms of basic get by week by week cash flow.

Screw them.

Left us to incur a load of lawyers fees then expect to be able to pick up the money with no help on their part. Didn't even have the guts to come out and condemn Webster, Rangers or Wigan.

Even if we do end up having to pay, I hope it drags on and on and incurs them a whole of money and effort chasing the funds.

fair comment mate, I don't know much of the ins and outs of this but if you are correct then cool, lets screw em for months and steal their interest on their payment!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Screw them.

Left us to incur a load of lawyers fees then expect to be able to pick up the money with no help on their part. Didn't even have the guts to come out and condemn Webster, Rangers or Wigan.

Even if we do end up having to pay, I hope it drags on and on and incurs them a whole of money and effort chasing the funds.

Why would Arbroath get involved in a case that had nothing to do with them ?

Bizarre.

Patrick Bateman

If the deal was 17.5% of a future transfer fee then we legally owe Arbroath NOTHING and should therefore not pay them a penny.

Blame Webster for that one.

Thig Ar Latha
If the deal was 17.5% of a future transfer fee then we legally owe Arbroath NOTHING and should therefore not pay them a penny.

If HMFC agreed to pay a fee, then we should pay it. We may want players in the future.

This is just another example of the shambolic way the club is being run. Could even lead to further fines.

I am sure if it was the other way around then we would be making a huge fuss about it till we got the money owed.

I dont think we would be to happy if Sunderland decided not to bother paying us the extra 2 million when Craig Gordon makes his 50th appearance (or how many it is?).

Hearts made an omission at some point they owed arbroath a fee

There was then an argument whether it was 17.5% of the profit or total fee

Arbroath finally gave up and accepted the profit only and we now refuse to pay it.

I personally agree that we shouldnt have owed anything but hearts seem to have admitted they do owe them something so they must know something about the contract.

Overall though if the invoice was August it should have been paid by now.

Drylaw Hearts

We didn't get a transfer fee for Webster.

Although Hearts didn't get a fee they released an official statement on the Club website announcing the would pay Arbroath ?20odd grand (IIRC).

That announcement must have been at least 6 months ago if not more.

Why would Arbroath get involved in a case that had nothing to do with them ?

Bizarre.

Because through Webster/Rangers/Wigan's actions they were going to get ripped off.

Other sides contacted Hearts showing their support. At the very least Arbroath could have commented on how they felt that one of the best players they had ever brought through their youth system was crapping on them from a large height to help improve the general support for Hearts' case.

Drylaw Hearts
Because through Webster/Rangers/Wigan's actions they were going to get ripped off.

Other sides contacted Hearts showing their support. At the very least Arbroath could have commented on how they felt that one of the best players they had ever brought through their youth system was crapping on them from a large height to help improve the general support for Hearts' case.

It appears we are the one's trying to rip Arbroath off by not paying them the monies due.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Arbroath are due 17.5% of any transfer fee. We did not recieve a transfer but compensation for his contract. Im sure Arbroath could do with the money but **** them. It is not our fault but the fault of a mercenary, money driven young man that they produced. Maybe Arbroath should invoice Webster, wherever the **** he is

Arbroath are due 17.5% of any transfer fee. We did not recieve a transfer but compensation for his contract. Im sure Arbroath could do with the money but **** them. It is not our fault but the fault of a mercenary, money driven young man that they produced. Maybe Arbroath should invoice Webster, wherever the **** he is

I suggest you get your facts right

Hearts had an argument with Arbroath about whether it was 17.5% of the Fifa fee or profit - both clubs then agreed on the profit and it was agreed arbroath would invoice them

Not exactly an argument you would have if you didnt owe them anything:rolleyes:

We agreed to pay them it thus we should pay up

Francis Albert
It appears we are the one's trying to rip Arbroath off by not paying them the monies due.

Exactly when were what monies due?

Height of absurdity that Hearts should be on the receiving end of possible SFA sanctions over this affair.

If we have been generous enough to Arbroath to volunteer a share of a non-existent transfer fee they can wait for it.

Height of absurdity that Hearts should be on the receiving end of possible SFA sanctions over this affair.

If we have been generous enough to Arbroath to volunteer a share of a non-existent transfer fee they can wait for it.

I doubt hearts would pay anything if we could get out of it.

Its far more likely imo the contract was worded to the affect of compensation for future contract movement, as opposed to transfer fee.

From what we have seen of vlad I dont for a second think he would have entertained arbroath unless he had too.

Drylaw Hearts

We did say we would pay them 'shortly'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As usual, we'll pay at the very last minute or wait till we're ordered to pay it. Typical!

Of more interest to me is those turnover figures of Aberdeen - shows how much getting through the group stages of the UEFA was worth.

Has no-one thought that we may not have received the ?150k yet.....

Surely if that's the case, we're quite within our rights not to pay Arbroath until we receive the money ourselves.

Has no-one thought that we may not have received the ?150k yet.....

Surely if that's the case, we're quite within our rights not to pay Arbroath until we receive the money ourselves.

Read the links

We had received the money a short time ago on the 22nd April 2008

john brownlee
http://sport.scotsman.com/top-stories/Football-news-Hearts-are-reported.4675555.jp

Arbroath invoiced Hearts on August 1st this year, seems the club still haven't passed Arbroath's rightful share of the fee on.

Over 3 months and not paying seems very unprofessional, not sure why HMFC would do this.

I don't want this to be a negative thread and the hibsman are just printing this in their usual agenda of negativity towards HMFC but I do fell the club should really have paid up by now. I don't believe we don't have the money it just seems the accountants diny settle within UK expectations of invoice pay dates. As an example having done business in Poland, it is accepted that an invoice should be settled within 6 months of billing, just the way it is over there.

Seems harsh on Arbroath as i'm sure 16k would help them loads in terms of basic get by week by week cash flow.

as yourself a question how much did Hearts get for judus and what % of that do Arbroath get

john brownlee
as yourself a question how much did Hearts get for judus and what % of that do Arbroath get

thats what you get when you dont read all the posts sorry but I thought Hearts recieved no transfer fee for him, I see I'm wrong but then if its on the Hearts web site They will be paid probably as soon as Hearts get the money from wigen

Personally, I think technically we may not owe them anything, but if that is the case Hearts should never have released the statement saying they will pay, unless their opinion on the matter has changed, say on legal advice - in which case they should say so. Until they do, then we are definately wrong this time.

Walter Bishop

We never received a "transfer fee" for webster, we got compensation from the player for breaking his contract!!! So where exactly to Arbroath think they are entitled to any money?

Drylaw Hearts
We never received a "transfer fee" for webster, we got compensation from the player for breaking his contract!!! So where exactly to Arbroath think they are entitled to any money?

They must be entitled to something or Hearts wouldn't have publically agreed to pay them ?26k.

They must be entitled to something or Hearts wouldn't have publically agreed to pay them ?26k.

When exactly did HMFC say they would pay Arbroath - was it before the first judgment when the transfer fee was set or was after the appeal when our which was termed "compensation"?

If it was compensation then that would be for the remainder of the contract and Arbroath will be due nowt no matter what HMFC said or didn't say,

At some future date I am sure you will post something backing the club instead of always finding a negative line.

Quite a few different ways to view this one. I remember saying at the time elsewhere months ago before that article was written on HW. That Arbroath shouldnt recieve a penny. Firstly It was not a transfer fee it was compensation for the remainder of his contract, and secondly if Arbroath wanted their money so badly why did they do nothing to help us get the money n the first place from either Wigan or Webster? They sat on their lazy backsides like beggers waiting for the rich man to come along and feel they deserved him to put his hand in his pocket. We incurred thousands of pounds of lawyers fees and lost interest payments, think about it, the original amount FIFA said was well over 600k this was then reduced to a paultry 150k not even a happy medium. All that time Arbroath sat on the sidelines and done absolutely nothing about it. What We should be doing is billing Arbroath for part of the legal cost and then deduct this from any money we MIGHT pay them if they want their money so much.

The other way to look at it is IF Hearts have an agreement in place for a set amount to Arbroath then it should really have been paid, and looking at that article it would indicate this. However That article is also quoting a figure of ?26,000 and at a later date it came out that any monies paid would be ?16,000 so obviously there have been negotiations taken place for it to have been reduced by 10k somethng that is not reported on the Hearts site. For all we know We may have had lawyers look into it and have decided legally Arbroath are entitled to nothing. Seems pretty harsh and if it was the other way round i would feel aggreived as well, but if this was the case then there is only one person and club to blame for all of this Judas webster and rangers.

Then a bit stupid of us to AGREE to pay a fee to Arbroath?

As I recall we were orignally awarded a fee of ?650k and honourably agreed to pay Arbroath their entitlement.

That fee was reduced on appeal to ?150k COMPENSATION which is no doubt the remaining value of the contract so no profit was made.

It is simple (possibly) to get round. Farm out on loan to them some of the dumplings we are paying but unlikely to use such as Makela and hopefully that might be accepted as a compromise.

Guest JamboRobbo
As I recall we were orignally awarded a fee of ?650k and honourably agreed to pay Arbroath their entitlement.

That fee was reduced on appeal to ?150k COMPENSATION which is no doubt the remaining value of the contract so no profit was made.

It is simple (possibly) to get round. Farm out on loan to them some of the dumplings we are paying but unlikely to use such as Makela and hopefully that might be accepted as a compromise.

Yet here is the official Hearts website, putting paid to all of the excuses made up on this thread.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

It talks about Hearts having recently received their 150k payment from Wigan, and that Arbroaths share will be paid shortly.

A Hearts spokesperson said: "The money the club was due from Wigan Athletic was paid to us within the last few weeks and Arbroath will now receive their cut in due course."

That was back in April. :eek:

i think its shameful and an embarrassment to Hearts.

Can you imagine you uproar if it was one of the Old firm doing it to us?

Drylaw Hearts
When exactly did HMFC say they would pay Arbroath - was it before the first judgment when the transfer fee was set or was after the appeal when our which was termed "compensation"?

22nd April 2008 - AFTER the final hearing :

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

If it was compensation then that would be for the remainder of the contract and Arbroath will be due nowt no matter what HMFC said or didn't say,

At some future date I am sure you will post something backing the club instead of always finding a negative line.

So has someone at Hearts got it wrong by announcing we will be paying money that we don't even have to ?

That would be even more incompetence by the Board if true !!

Drylaw Hearts
Yet here is the official Hearts website, putting paid to all of the excuses made up on this thread.

It talks about Hearts having recently received their 150k payment from Wigan, and that Arbroaths share will be paid shortly.

A Hearts spokesperson said: "The money the club was due from Wigan Athletic was paid to us within the last few weeks and Arbroath will now receive their cut in due course."

Stop posting the truth will facts to back it up.......

You will only be accused of spinning a 'negative line'.

:)

Drylaw Hearts

And how stupid do you think that is going to make us look ?

"I'm sorry Mr Arbroath but we've decided not to pay you now - is there any chance you can take some players on loan instead ?

Ridiculous suggestion.

Please think before you post.

I stand corrected. They should pay or strike a deal to satisfy the debt if there is a cash flow problem.

And how stupid do you think that is going to make us look ?

"I'm sorry Mr Arbroath but we've decided not to pay you now - is there any chance you can take some players on loan instead ?

Ridiculous suggestion.

Please think before you post.

Obviously you missed, or chose to ignore, the word "possibly" in brackets.

Archived