Did you know

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

that the UEFA handbook outlines that the fourth officials remit covers four roles.

1. Policing the technical areas

2. Assisting with time keeping

3. Assisting with substitutions

4. Readiness to replace any of the existing officials due to injury

Funny, but making decisions and doing the refs job for him is not included.

That is all

Knowing our luck the GFA will now tell us we can't have the three points and we'll have to play the game again.:mad:

This is taken from the official FIFA laws.

"He must indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned

because of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent

off having been seen to be given a second caution or when violent

conduct occurs out of the view of the referee and assistant referees.

The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all

points connected with play"

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's pretty conclusive that no rules were broken and the 4th official was within his rights. We've moved on to discussing whether it happens to other teams.

Its quite pathetic how some people are determined to hide the issue here

Michael Stewart did do it, he once again let our teams down, we should be debating what a suitable punishment is for Stewart, not trying to claim he was hard done by.

I personally think the club should be fining him and giving him a final warning.

Its not his first stupid sending off

that the UEFA handbook outlines that the fourth officials remit covers four roles.

1. Policing the technical areas

2. Assisting with time keeping

3. Assisting with substitutions

4. Readiness to replace any of the existing officials due to injury

Funny, but making decisions and doing the refs job for him is not included.

That is all

But, from the SFA website:

He must indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned because of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent off having been seen to be given a second caution or when violent conduct occurs out of the view of the referee and assistant referees. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play.

So, do the SFA regulations exceed UEFA guidelines?

Michael Stewart did do it, he once again let our teams down, we should be debating what a suitable punishment is for Stewart, not trying to claim he was hard done by.

I personally think the club should be fining him and giving him a final warning.

Sensible post alert!!!:eek:

as ever with this type of decision, there are two separate issues to deal with, which i think it's important not to confuse.

1. the issue of stewart.

yes he appears to have been a silly sausage again and should not have run the risk of having himself sent off, thus letting the team down.

2. the issue of consistency.

once again hearts are disadvantaged by someone other than the referee sticking their giant hooter into the decision making process. it's all very well to happily accept that it's within the rules for the 4th official to do what he did, but it's still not acceptable to us for a 4th official to do it when it simply wouldn't happen in other instances.

can anyone imagine a 4th official listening to csaba asking for a rangers player to be sent off at ibrox, then attracting the attention of the referee who in turn pulls over barry ferguson and sends him off?

only if he was tired of living.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Firstly I agree, Stewart is an accident waiting to happen and did probably deserve to go. Secondly I do not believe that refs in this country are biased. They are inept.

My main problem is that twice in the space of 3 weeks, refs and officials in this country have set very dangerous precedents in games involving us. How many times since the Aberdeen game has a linesman waved his flag and told the ref to change a decision. None that I am aware of. How many times in the next month will a 4th official come on the pitch and highlight an off the ball incident. My bet is none. If these things are good enough to happen in our games, surely the MUST be done in every other game. Otherwise the rules are not governing everybody. Or am I paranoid

But, from the SFA website:

He must indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned because of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent off having been seen to be given a second caution or when violent conduct occurs out of the view of the referee and assistant referees. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play.

So, do the SFA regulations exceed UEFA guidelines?

Regulations always exceed guidelines(as they are, only a guide)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
This is taken from the official FIFA laws.

"He must indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned

because of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent

off having been seen to be given a second caution or when violent

conduct occurs out of the view of the referee and assistant referees.

The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all

points connected with play"

Right, can we move on now then?

Excellent officiating some would say.

If you want to blame someone, blame that nutter Mikey Stewart.

But surely when one of the official spots violent conduct that the ref has missed - it is only a yellow, or does that only apply when you're wearing hoops?

Right, can we move on now then?

Excellent officiating some would say.

If you want to blame someone, blame that nutter Mikey Stewart.

To think a lot of folk on here think he is captain material.:eek:

Archived