Csaba's pride at team spirit

jumpship

Csaba Laszlo was a very happy man last night after ten-man Hearts nailed victory against St Mirren at Love Street.

Eggert Jonsson headed home a dramatic winner just 12 minutes from time to send the Hearts supporters into raptures.

And they were joined by manager Csaba Laszlo and the players for joyous post-match celebrations.

"For me the most important thing is that we won the game," Csaba told the media after the game. "I must make a compliment for the team and for the fans.

"The fans suffered against Celtic at home and now we have given something back. I think if you have a young team and you have good supporters, you can grow together and work together. The team spirit and the team work was the main thing today.

"Okay everything wasn't fantastic, but it was very hard work and the most important thing is that we didn't lose face. We had players on the field with character and a winning spirit.

"A lot of people in life talk only about problems. For me the most important question is not the problem, most important is the solution. Who wants to follow people who only have problems and no solutions?"

Michael Stewart's dismissal four minutes before the half-time break was controversial in that it came on the instruction of the fourth official Bobby Madden. He advised referee Mike McCurry that the midfielder's contact with Hugh Murray was violent.

"I am very honest in football and I don't ever lie but I didn't see the situation 100%," the manager explained.

"The most important thing for me as a manager is to handle the situation and to know what the next step is. The most important thing is to know what you have to give to the team and we do that in the dressing room.

"Michael told me it was a collision, but he said no more. At the moment I have not seen the DVD."

Archived