Car Help

Griclesfield

Anyone know of any where that can help with sorting out a blown drivers door speaker !!!

or if any kickbacker can sort the problem themselves ...

Sheriff Fatman
Anyone know of any where that can help with sorting out a blown drivers door speaker !!!

or if any kickbacker can sort the problem themselves ...

Take the old speaker out, put a new one in the hole left by the old one. Attach the wires from the new one to the radio. Done.

What car is it?

Some are easier to work on more than others. For example a Ford Fiesta would be easier to work on than a BMW for example.

Sheriff Fatman
What car is it?

Some are easier to work on more than others. For example a Ford Fiesta would be easier to work on than a BMW for example.

Not really, you just have to buy the correct speaker for the car. The wiring is basically exactly the same.

The only thing about Fiesta's, is they are of a more bog standard design so there are more available.

Not really, you just have to buy the correct speaker for the car. The wiring is basically exactly the same.

The only thing about Fiesta's, is they are of a more bog standard design so there are more available.

I was more getting at if you had to take the door panel off (as you sometimes have to do) to change speakers in the door

I was more getting at if you had to take the door panel off (as you sometimes have to do) to change speakers in the door

The panels are usually just fixed with poppers, if you carefully pull the panel away from the door, it should just pop off. That'll give you access and you just pop it back on when you're done. It's not difficult, it can't be because I did it once replacing the speakers in a Fiesta. Don't force it though, there is a risk of breaking the plastic fixings, gentle pressure is what's needed.

to settle an argument between you two haha i have a saxo

i have nae idea what im doing with that.

i nearly broke my cd player installing that, not brave enough to ruin the wiring system.

to settle an argument between you two haha i have a saxo

i have nae idea what im doing with that.

i nearly broke my cd player installing that, not brave enough to ruin the wiring system.

There are 2 wires on a speaker, you should manage it fine. Just make sure you attach the wires to the correct terminals or the speaker goes out of phase and you get a slight delay effect.

Buy a pair of speakers from a wee independent shop and ask the guy to help you fit them.

My local car parts shop (Autobits in Linlithgow) is run by a lovely guy who's very helpful and obliging when it comes to stuff like that.

see i used to buy all car kinda stuff from halfords until they stopped installing stuff and only install cd players etc.

it might not be the speaker it could be the wire .... don't wanna buy 2 speakers when it might only be the wire at fault

see i used to buy all car kinda stuff from halfords until they stopped installing stuff and only install cd players etc.

it might not be the speaker it could be the wire .... don't wanna buy 2 speakers when it might only be the wire at fault

Check the wiring 1st then.

Pop the door panel of and disconnect the speaker.

Attach any old speaker to test the wiring,even extend the wiring to one of your other speakers,if you dont have a spare.

Archived