What percentage of the 3300 Celtic fans sang offensive songs?

Craigieboy

This is a serious question to get the general opinion of JKB'ers, in relation to a debate I had with someone this week, so please simply answer the question rather than turn the thread into a mess.

My opinion was that on more than one occasion last Sunday, about 90% of the Celtic fans in that stand participated in songs relating to terrorism.

My counterpart (not at the game), says it was very quiet and that it was a small minority. He maintains that sectarianism is exagerated & will gradually be eradicated from both sides of the OF.

So, your opinion on how many were participating?

This is a serious question to get the general opinion of JKB'ers, in relation to a debate I had with someone this week, so please simply answer the question rather than turn the thread into a mess.

My opinion was that on more than one occasion last Sunday, about 90% of the Celtic fans in that stand participated in songs relating to terrorism.

My counterpart (not at the game), says it was very quiet and that it was a small minority. He maintains that sectarianism is exagerated & will gradually be eradicated from both sides of the OF.

30%

Why another Celtic bashing thread ? I don't like them, that will never change, it just feels a bit obsessive, like looking on hobos.net and seeing pointless anti HMFC threads.

Who cares about them and their fans ?

lost in leith

Depends which songs you mean. From a decent vantage point in Section C I would say the vast majority were singing along to the Boys of the Old Brigade. Of course they can argue that they aren't really singing in support of the IRA. Our traditionalists will presumably accept that argument, as they don't really mean to be up to their knees in whoever's blood :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_the_Old_Brigade

ToadKiller Dog

46.76% give or take another 50%

looking on from the gorgie the main worst part was the top right of the roseburn with other pockets all over the stand.

The worst part was just looking at the police in the corner just standing still most likely playing pocket billards.

46.76% give or take another 50%

looking on from the gorgie the main worst part was the top right of the roseburn with other pockets all over the stand.

The worst part was just looking at the police in the corner just standing still most likely playing pocket billards.

Lothians & Borders finest weren't standing about doing nothing.

They were busy filming the Hearts fans in section N.

ToadKiller Dog
Lothians & Borders finest weren't standing about doing nothing.

They were busy filming the Hearts fans in section N.

At least they kept themselves warm then!

I don't know the songs, and I couldn't make out the words, so, as a result I didn't know whether what they were singing was offensive or not.

I will say, that, from the Gorgie stand, their singing seemed to be universal, and involved most of, if not all of, the Roseburn.

MacDonald Jardine
Depends which songs you mean. From a decent vantage point in Section C I would say the vast majority were singing along to the Boys of the Old Brigade. Of course they can argue that they aren't really singing in support of the IRA. Our traditionalists will presumably accept that argument, as they don't really mean to be up to their knees in whoever's blood :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_the_Old_Brigade

Oh FFS.

And you believe them and not our "traditionalists"

lost in leith
Oh FFS.

And you believe them and not our "traditionalists"

Where did I say that? Just pointing out the hypocrisy involved on both sides.

lost in leith
Agreed, perhaps he is not so "lost" after all.

Try reading what I posted, and my response to MacDonald Jardine's reply.

portobellojambo1

There was at least one person singing, despite trying not to I heard the odd ditty emanating from the Roseburn Stand area. Quickly got bored with it though and subconsciously switched off to what was being sung.

Captain Lithuania
I'd say at least 80 - 90% were vocal during their "oo ah up the ra" just after kick off.

Yep, I'd say about 80%

portobellojambo1
What he said!

END OFF!

END OF S.U.S.S.

End off suggests you are sitting at home doing something which really shouldn't be getting discussed on a football message board.

100% : 20% vocally + 80% tacitly.

Very high percentage IMO. I sit in section G in row 11 and had a good view. Plenty of them on their feet giving it large.

boabyarsebiscuit

99%

Charlie-Brown

I never pay too much attention to those turds nor the hun bigots when they come thru either however their singing was very loud at times last week - easily a majority of them were singing along - almost two thirds would not be unrealistic.

So why, with all these big numbers has nothing been done about it? Sorry , should that be a rhetorical question ?

2000%.

I've included the ones in their locals downing buckie.

Guest juvehearts

you clearly heard them singing on the Tv & outside the ground when the match was taken place.

for that knid of noise to be generated it will take over 400 + people to generate that level of noise.

IMO at the very least 40% which equates to over 1000 fans.

What, the 'best fans in the world'?

I won't hear it.

150,000 of these good-natured jedi-knights ****ed and puked all over Seville without one arrest and their songs are political rather than sectarian so it's ok to sing them at football matches.

Buffalo Bill

Guys, we know that the majority of ©Keltic fans were partaking in the singing of the aforementioned disgraceful song.

Unfortunately, the people that protest against the poppies, WILL become heroes.

Unfortunately, and back to your original, neither of the Glasgow clubs will try too hard in distancing themselves from the only thing that guarantees a level of income.

I say, lots of things!

peebles jambo

agree with that amount, but hey, they're allowed, they're smeltic

Archived