Training today

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Looks like a similar team to last Sunday with the exception of Zaliukas who is suspended. Exactly how they will work it is anyones gues but Neilson back fully fit but no mach practice, Obua and Kingston both fit, Karipidas sat out but should recover for tomorrow. Maybury was training with the 1st team squad and asked if he'd signed. Not at the moment as we are short of reddies he was left back. If Karapedis is fit then I expect Ruben to come in for him as he'll step back into central defence. Up front I suspect it will be Nade with Bruno playing in the hole. Players and coaches appeared to be in good fettle a lot of banter and laughing going on.

Tulleberg was training on his own with a physio and looks to be a couple of weeks away.

Get right behind the team tomorrow if you are going.

SNH

Guest JamboRobbo
Looks like a similar team to last Sunday with the exception of Zaliukas who is suspended.

:mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili:

Guest JamboRobbo
No wonder you have so many posts!:P

Kinda disproves the accusations that I only enjoy bad news. I'm loving this bit of good news for HMFC. :P

Looks like a similar team to last Sunday with the exception of Zaliukas who is suspended. Exactly how they will work it is anyones gues but Neilson back fully fit but no mach practice, Obua and Kingston both fit, Karipidas sat out but should recover for tomorrow. Maybury was training with the 1st team squad and asked if he'd signed. Not at the moment as we are short of reddies he was left back. If Karapedis is fit then I expect Ruben to come in for him as he'll step back into central defence. Up front I suspect it will be Nade with Bruno playing in the hole. Players and coaches appeared to be in good fettle a lot of banter and laughing going on.

Tulleberg was training on his own with a physio and looks to be a couple of weeks away.

SNH

surprise surprise.

Was Gary Glen with the first team squad mate ?

Nope.

I may be wrong but was it Glen and Matty Park running laps together?

Kingston in for Chesney...?

The first team squad played 10v10 I think, with Kello and MacDonald switching places for the "subs" team. It looked to me that Jonsson was in beside Berra, with Thomson playing RB, but Seymour may be able to clarify that.

surprise surprise.

ahem, wasnt it stabilitly we were after for so long? :cool:

TBH what we had on sunday was probably the best we have, might no be good enough but it will have to do until january atleast.

TBH what we had on sunday was probably the best we have, might no be good enough but it will have to do until january atleast.

stability is good but only if the stability involves playing decent players! :P

Nope.

The first team squad played 10v10 I think, with Kello and MacDonald switching places for the "subs" team. It looked to me that Jonsson was in beside Berra, with Thomson playing RB, but Seymour may be able to clarify that.

:sad:

Thanks anyway.

Balogh, Jonsson, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace, Kingston, Stewart, Aguiar, Palazuelos, Driver, Nade. Works for me.

Assuming Karipidis is ok thats how it looked.

thehibsareintheirbeds

any sign of rapnik/mcgowan being in with a chance of the centre half role? not too keen on karipidis in there to be honest after our last trip to st mirren.

wouldn't mind eggert either i guess.

any sign of rapnik/mcgowan being in with a chance of the centre half role? not too keen on karipidis in there to be honest after our last trip to st mirren.

wouldn't mind eggert either i guess.

Eggert looked to be playing in there.

Rapnik was in the subs team at CH with Zal.

Guest jambomickey

when i went up to watch the traininig before the game at ibrox the team had 2 changes for the game from what i seen training the day before so i wouldn't read too much into training

thehibsareintheirbeds
Eggert looked to be playing in there.

Rapnik was in the subs team at CH with Zal.

cheers cig, missed that in your earlier post. suppose rapnik will get his chance soon enough, seems to be making most 1st team squads now which is encouraging.

pleasing to hear they all seem "together", have heard it all before but a wee away win and performance may be just the catalyst we need to get us going again for the season.

looking forward to it.

I just love ironies

In our second season when we still had the pure quality of squad that had arrived with Burley less Rudi - the team was chopped and changed, rotation was quoted as the way ahead yet most of us realised it was hampering our form. We craved continuity.

Now, when we cant buy a win, the team has gone backwards since around the 3rd or 4th game, is looking less and less like gelling as the weeks go on, we are persisting game in game out with practically the same team that cant score and cant defend, and has won 1 in 7.

Life is such a rich tapestry

Jammy maybe it was neither continuity nor rotation that matters but skacel & hartley & velicka's goals?

...or the lack of a decent manager ;)

Balogh, Jonsson, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace, Kingston, Stewart, Aguiar, Palazuelos, Driver, Nade. Works for me.

I think this is our best team. Maybe Robbie for Eggert?

Seymour M Hersh
Nope.

I'm not sure who was running round with MP. You're right about the line-up but they expect karapidis to be fit he has some sort of nast bruise on one leg (they had a fancy name for it which I've forgotten). Karapedis was there chatting to the fitness coach during the 10 on 10.

Seymour M Hersh
I think this is our best team. Maybe Robbie for Eggert?

CL and Burger King know little or nothing about him as a player. TR has said he'd be fine fitness wise and certainly has tons of exp. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

I'm not sure who was running round with MP. You're right about the line-up but they expect karapidis to be fit he has some sort of nast bruise on one leg (they had a fancy name for it which I've forgotten). Karapedis was there chatting to the fitness coach during the 10 on 10.

Fairly sure Karipidas had his thigh strapped up a few weeks back and they still continued to field him.

I'd like to see McGowan or Rapnik in the back if Karipidas is nursing an injury. Ruben in def mid.

Fairly sure Karipidas had his thigh strapped up a few weeks back and they still continued to field him.

I'd like to see McGowan or Rapnik in the back if Karipidas is nursing an injury. Ruben in def mid.

mcgowans still in saudi arabia. if karipidis ir injured or has a knock he's not likely to play, could be rapniks chance.

anyone think jonsson could play centre-back with thomson right-back. jonsson plays in that position for iceland u21s and with neilson not playing this season-reserves aswell- maybe thomson could play right back.

Seymour M Hersh

Rapnik was playing in the B team so maybe it will happen. Thing is Berra is left centre isn't he so they really need a right sided player for the position. Rapnik is also left sided I think so it possibly narrows options. Didn't see McGowan today.

SNH

So we'll be hearing plenty of 'Hearts nil...'s on the radio come 5.45 tomorrow then.

Thanks for the info, though.

So we'll be hearing plenty of 'Hearts nil...'s on the radio come 5.45 tomorrow then.

Thanks for the info, though.

Is it a late K/O ?:)

Salvatore's Tash

Balogh, Thomson, Wallace, Jonsson, Berra, Ruben, Stewart, Bruno, Kingston, Driver, Nade.

Unless Karipidis fit.

So, Laszlo was telling us just a few weeks ago that Karipidis was the "find of the season" at the defensive midfield position, yet suspension to Beckenbauer and he is put straight back into central defense ahead of two promising young players?

Also, with the exception of necessary changes, the team that made such a good job of last week is getting another airing?

Disappointing news, no offense to the guys that were at training, but I will be disappointed to see Jonsson at centre half and the horrible one up formation continued.

Guest jambomickey
So, Laszlo was telling us just a few weeks ago that Karipidis was the "find of the season" at the defensive midfield position, yet suspension to Beckenbauer and he is put straight back into central defense ahead of two promising young players?

Also, with the exception of necessary changes, the team that made such a good job of last week is getting another airing?

Disappointing news, no offense to the guys that were at training, but I will be disappointed to see Jonsson at centre half and the horrible one up formation continued.

couldn't agree with you more mate!

Even worse, I've no doubt that Zaliukas will walk straight back into the side next Wednesday evening.

Even worse, I've no doubt that Zaliukas will walk straight back into the side next Wednesday evening.

Absolutely no question about it.

I'll be gobsmacked if he doesn't.

The statement in bold really worries me - Kara is never a midfielder, far too slow and not even a tackler for christ sake. Yes can accept him at CH if we are struggling for numbers but would like too see Rapnik get a chance.

Eggy at CH, avin a laff surely!!

The statement in bold really worries me - Kara is never a midfielder, far too slow and not even a tackler for christ sake. Yes can accept him at CH if we are struggling for numbers but would like too see Rapnik get a chance.

Eggy at CH, avin a laff surely!!

I agree with you, Laszlo doesn't.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hearts-boss-hails-Karipidis.4608306.jp

I know BigH, but I sort of detest this modern day creation of a defensive midfielder, just another factor in why fitba is so negative nowadays.

A midfielder for me is a guy who was one of the best tacklers in the side,could make passes, get box to box and maybe chip in with a few goals.

Aye call me old fashioned but it is just another "made up" position for mediocre players and that is not just a dig at Kara - he is a honest enough player but with limited ability.

Now don't get me started about Bombscare, whether at CH or midfield:mad:

I think Kari has done ok at CM. Certainly not our worst performer by a long way.

Also, aren't Greece sniffing around him since he started in there...Cant be that bad.

Absolutely no question about it.

I'll be gobsmacked if he doesn't.

Doubt it, he has a 2 match suspension does he not?

I know BigH, but I sort of detest this modern day creation of a defensive midfielder, just another factor in why fitba is so negative nowadays.

A midfielder for me is a guy who was one of the best tacklers in the side,could make passes, get box to box and maybe chip in with a few goals.

Aye call me old fashioned but it is just another "made up" position for mediocre players and that is not just a dig at Kara - he is a honest enough player but with limited ability.

Couldn't agree more. Defensive midfielders can be fine, in fact the best Hearts teams of recent years have had one - Salvatori and Brellier. The difference is that they were midfielders who could defend, not the other way about.

The defensive midfielder position is a huge negative in today's game. Let's hope it goes the same way as other made up positions in recent years such as a sweeper and wing backs. A few years back, so many teams played with either but now I cannot think of a single team that plays in that way now.

These days it's now a defensive midfielder and one upfront.

One thing is for sure about tomorrow, there won't be many goals and we have to get the first one because St Mirren don't concede many.

your quite right mate but then you have to start looking at individual performances and results.

We`re not getting results so there has to be changes and there was a few really poor performances last week.

You could say we hadn`t played too bad prior to the Celtique game but to drop so far like last week was alarming.

We spoke about this last week Clerry. It`s all bull. How can`t two central(or three!)mids not rotate during a game? Surely the element of surprise is important in football? If one decides to go forward the other stays and vice- versa.

Top "defensive" mids don`t just sit back. You still see them go into space and join attacks when possible, it`s all about timing and knowing where to be.

Karipidis sits so deep at times it`s like having a 3rd central defender.

Charlie-Brown

The first defensive midfielders I can remember at Hearts were Stewart 'Chopper' McLaren and then Neil Berry .... both began at centre defence but either weren't good enough to play there or not as good as better centre backs we could field instead so MacDonald sat them in front of the back four to make tackles or man-mark opponents or in chopper's case kick anything that moved.

MaskedMagician

Bloody hell!

Get Rapnik and Glen in the team.

Bloody hell!

Get Rapnik and Glen in the team.

Well according to another poster he picked up a slight knock in the reserve derby.

Tullberg and Karipidis were doing laps too, both have injuries.

Is Park injured?

Archived