How much lower can they sink? ( merged threads )

Professor.Arturo

A minutes silence is the only way to pay respect on Rememberance day.

The GFA are only worried "The greatest fans in the world" disgrace themselves and their club again yet this time on a national/International level.

Totally distastefull and disrespectful to hold a minutes applause IMO. Completely disgracefull to even think about applausing let alone actually wanting to put that plan into action. The SFA should be hanging their heads in shame.

If this is the level we have come to in Scottish football because of that vermin in the west then surely UEFA have to start intervening and European bans or stand closures plus fines for them. Then and only then MIGHT we see some positive action.

Im still shocked and quite literally flabbergasted that they could even think of doing this.

I Urge everyone, and not just Hearts fans to lodge official complaints to the SFA over this. Either by letter, Call, Email, Fax Or Official site. The contact details are below

I have already done so, I don't think I have ever been so appalled in my life

The Scottish Football Association Ltd

Hampden Park

Glasgow

G42 9AY

Telephone 0141 616 6000

Fax 0141 616 6001

Email: [email protected]

Or by going to the Official SFA website to contact them there The contact link is below and will take you directly to the page where you fill a form in to contact them

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?curpageid=184

Irrespective of changes to what happens to mark the passing of guys like Eddie Thompson, Rememberance Day should be nothing other than a 1 minutes silence.

My biggest fear is that what should be a moment of silent reflection and respect will be turned into a petty point scoring exercise among fans, which I think is inappropriate.

We will show our respect today and again at Haymarket tomorrow. As will the vast majority of decent people in and outside of football across the country tomorrow in their own way.

If the cretins in Glasgow's east end tarnish the name of Scottish football with any nonsense tomorrow, we should have an association with the balls to deal with them. Sadly, we don't. Therefore I don't know what the answer is, other than giving the greatest fans in the world enough rope to hang themselves publically in the full glare of the proper national press (and not the Scottish redtops).

Professor.Arturo

Confirmed on Radio Scotland

Mhanks will have a minutes applause, and the club have no problem with the 'protest' and are happy for it to go ahead :mad:

**** of the highest order!

winston churchill
Confirmed on Radio Scotland

Mhanks will have a minutes applause, and the club have no problem with the 'protest' and are happy for it to go ahead :mad:

**** of the highest order!

they also reported that, a group of around 30 orish sellic fans handing out leaflets outside the tattie bowl.

Jam Tarts 1874

Just listened to the minutue's applause at celtic on Radio Scotland. Chanting and booing could definately be heard from the filthly swine. MOD EDIT :mad:

I watched the minute's applause on Sky Italia. Not very appropriate if you ask me but the vast majority of fans seemed to be taking part in it.

Just listened to the minutue's applause at celtic on Radio Scotland. Chanting and booing could definately be heard from the filthly swine. I hope someone drops a bomb on them someday. :mad:

What did the commentators say?

stirlingshirejambo

I presume they never had a silence due to fact it would obviously be interrupted

Pure disrespectful filth

I presume they never had a silence due to fact it would obviously be interrupted

Pure disrespectful filth

the press will sweep it under the rug as normal i ****ing hate them

the press will sweep it under the rug as normal i ****ing hate them

I doubt it, after the Sun did a feature on it on their website. They can hardly fail to follow that up with the events at darkheid today.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Wanna bet ?

Quite so.

It will be mentioned in passing and then ignored.

The stickies will try and invade Fake Radio et al but it won't succeed and it will turn into a 'whataboutery' session.

Meanwhile, the British Legion are dragged into a war of words that isn't of their making. :sad:

Guest Dipped Flake

I hate to agree with our Hearts orange bigots but this was an absolute disgrace. Copy of the eI have just sent to the SFA

I have never written/emailed in complaint for anything in my life before but the actions of the SFA and Celtic Football Club today have so angered me that I feel I must make some sort of protest. To hold a minutes applause at celtic park is an affront to all the members of the armed forces who have been killed/injured while serving. To allow one club in Scotland to mock the day of remembrance in this way has poured shame on the whole of Scottish football. If celtic were so sure that their fans would not honour the minutes silence it would have been better if they had just ignored the whole thing as I am sure they would have liked to do.

I await the reaction of the SFA and the glasgow media against this affront to our armed forces with eagerness..

A minutes silence is the only way to pay respect on Rememberance day.

The GFA are only worried "The greatest fans in the world" disgrace themselves and their club again yet this time on a national/International level.

Totally distastefull and disrespectful to hold a minutes applause IMO. Completely disgracefull to even think about applausing let alone actually wanting to put that plan into action. The SFA should be hanging their heads in shame.

If this is the level we have come to in Scottish football because of that vermin in the west then surely UEFA have to start intervening and European bans or stand closures plus fines for them. Then and only then MIGHT we see some positive action.

Im still shocked and quite literally flabbergasted that they could even think of doing this.

I Urge everyone, and not just Hearts fans to lodge official complaints to the SFA over this. Either by letter, Call, Email, Fax Or Official site. The contact details are below

I have already done so, I don't think I have ever been so appalled in my life

The Scottish Football Association Ltd

Hampden Park

Glasgow

G42 9AY

Telephone 0141 616 6000

Fax 0141 616 6001

Email: [email protected]

Or by going to the Official SFA website to contact them there The contact link is below and will take you directly to the page where you fill a form in to contact them

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?curpageid=184

I think this will fall on deaf ears

Has to be the sun or the bbc

I have made a complaint to the bbc as it was on the radio

Applause might be appropriate for celebrating the life of characters like Eddie Thompson and past players.....................but for Remembrance it simply HAS to be a minutes silence for 'reflection'

The SFA will probably duck the issue though, saying it's a decision for the SPL / clubs :mad:

Clearly the SPL media guys saw a possible embarrassment on the cards and quickly cobbled together a 'get out'

Sadly we are not squeaky clean ourselves, given the past behaviour of a minority of our own fans

Applause might be appropriate for celebrating the life of characters like Eddie Thompson and past players......but for Remembrance it simply HAS to be a minutes silence for 'reflection'

Correct.

But Celtic or the SPL (whoever made the decision) KNEW it would be disrupted by those lowlife filthbags and tried to make it sound better.

This should be on all the national news programmes and papers. Shame it wont be.

Professor.Arturo
I hate to agree with our Hearts orange bigots but this was an absolute disgrace. Copy of the eI have just sent to the SFA

I have never written/emailed in complaint for anything in my life before but the actions of the SFA and Celtic Football Club today have so angered me that I feel I must make some sort of protest. To hold a minutes applause at celtic park is an affront to all the members of the armed forces who have been killed/injured while serving. To allow one club in Scotland to mock the day of remembrance in this way has poured shame on the whole of Scottish football. If celtic were so sure that their fans would not honour the minutes silence it would have been better if they had just ignored the whole thing as I am sure they would have liked to do.

I await the reaction of the SFA and the glasgow media against this affront to our armed forces with eagerness..

So its only 'Orange bigots' (as you put it) that find this offensive???

get a grip

As somebody whose family lost 2 members serving their country I am appalled but not in the least surprised at Celtic's decision to have a minutes applause rather than silence. They cannot trust their support to respect the memories of those who gave their lives for this country. Makes all their protests over the moronic few Hearts fans breaking the silence for a provocative silence in honour of a Polish Pope look even more ridiculous.

I completely oppose some of the wars we have been in engaged in but fully respect those servicemen who gave their lives. The fireside IRA soldiers that make up more than a minority of Celtic fans are a stain on Scottish football.

Make no mistake, "Doctor" John Reid knows the score. I wonder how he squares his whole hearted efforts to send British troops to their deaths in Iran and Afganistan with the leaflets being handed out by supporters of his club denouncing the UK? Also what has he got to say about his club's failure to respect the memory of the dead? Makes his complaints about the revolting "famine" song more than a bit hypocritical.

Celtic want to decide whether they are a Scottish Football club or an Irish

rebel song club. Incidentally, I hold no brief for Rangers football club but that's another story.

Speechless. How anyone can be so disgusting and disrespectful towards people who paid the ultimate sacrifice in wars is beyond me. I wish their vile little club would just fizzle out of existence.

Speechless. How anyone can be so disgusting and disrespectful towards people who paid the ultimate sacrifice in wars is beyond me. I wish their vile little club would just fizzle out of existence.

I'd rather it fecking exploded out of existence TBH.

I'd rather it fecking exploded out of existence TBH.

They don't deserve such an impactful exit. Go quietely and painfully.

If you read the record they say that teams no longer to a minutes silence because hearts brought shame to scottish football by booing a minutes silence when the pope died during the scottish cup semi final.

They no longer to minutes silence because off this, it has to be an applause

There was a minutes silence at the Falikirk Stadium (the week of the Riccarton three i.e. well after Popegate).

Complete and utter disgrace. A vile club with vile fans. Maybe they should go home as a certain song requests.

For John Reid (the man who was part of the Blair cabinet that sent troops into both Afghanistan and Iraq) not to have the cuts to come onto the radio to explain makes it even worse.

WithHeartAndHand
Applause might be appropriate for celebrating the life of characters like Eddie Thompson and past players

sorry BD but i was brought up to respect a minutes silence, the applause as we all know was only introduced because the green & grey **** have no respect.:sad:

Shameful. And I see that the press are just saying that "a minute's silence was held at grounds across the country."

Phew, that's that one swept under the rug, normal service has been resumed.

I am also pretty sure Artur Boruc is relatively happy we intervened in WWII.

Having Polish family, I know the Poles felt badly let down by the Allies when the Germans first invaded in 1939,very little direct military aid was provided during the phoney war, ultimately leading to there defeat.

Again when the Russians stood on the Eastern side of the Vistula and let the Germans commit slaughter in 1944. Know body in Europe suffered like the Polish during World War II.

I would not look at Boruc for Celtics shortcomings here.

Archived