Kickback is dying a death

awadooningorgie2

You're preaching to the converted there.

Been there, tried that, got abused for my trouble.

Too many on here appear to lack the intelligence or ability to debate without resorting to abuse, and it always degenerates to a slagging match. IMO.

So you now just get the first punch in...If you are that cynical about JKB and the people on it then why don't you give it up? What is the purpose of being a contributor if you have determined to just get the insults flying?

Do you honestly think that resorting to the lowest common denominator is a sign of your higher intelligence?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
So you now just get the first punch in...If you are that cynical about JKB and the people on it then why don't you give it up?

cause I like talking about HMFC.

What is the purpose of being a contributor if you have determined to just get the insults flying?

Feel free to show where I said that.

Do you honestly think that resorting to the lowest common denominator is a sign of your higher intelligence?

Feel free to show where I said that.

Let's hear one then? :)

AUSTRALIAN BRICKLAYER'S REPORT

This is a bricklayer's accident report, which was printed in the

> newsletter

> of Australia 's Workers' Compensation board. It is a true story. Had

this

> guy died, he'd have received a Darwin Award for sure.......

>

> Dear Sir, I am writing in response to your request for additional

> information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put 'poor

planning'

> as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I

> trust

> the following details will be sufficient. I am a bricklayer by trade.

On

> the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new

> six-story

> building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks

left

> over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly in excess of

> 500lbs.

>

> Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in

a

> barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the

building

> on

> the sixth floor. Securing the rope at ground I went up to the roof,

swung

> the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and

untied

> the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

You

> will note in Block 11 of the accident report form that I weigh 135

lbs.

>

> Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost

my

> presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I

> proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building. In the vicinity

of

> the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward

at an

> equally impressive speed. This explained the fractured skull, minor

> abrasions and the broken collar bone, as listed in section 3 of the

> accident report form. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid

ascent,

> not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep

> into

> the pulley.

>

>

> Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was

able

> to

> hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience pain. At

> approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the

ground

> and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the

> bricks, that barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to

my

> weight.

>

> As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the

> building.

> In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up.

>

> This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several

> lacerations of my legs and lower body. Here my luck began to change

> slightly.

>

> The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my

> injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only

three

> vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there

on

> the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure

and

> presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the

empty

> barrel begin its journey back down onto me. This explains the two

broken

> legs. I hope this answers your inquiry.

And in come the digs. I rest my case.

I dont see it as a dig you have the most posts on the board your posts vary to a certain extent but not that far and invariably they comeback to the same points over and over again.

Your not alone in this and your opinion counts as does all of ours but from an observation point of view he is right.

And it makes people switch off on threads because they start out interesting and a debate and end in a slagging match between the same users invariable about the same things.

Thats why people have stopped posting as much.

This may not be popular with some, but it is incredible to witness 15-20 minutes between new posts tonight*.

I think the guys running Kickback now are far more professional than before, no question.

Just the interest in Hearts is on the wane. We are all tired, too long with the same crap and nothing much we can do about it.

The passion is gone out our club - one day it will be back, just hope I'm not too old to enjoy it.

*Unles the site was down for some reason?*

I don't want this to seem as a dig to the mods but the fun is taken out of this board a lot. Too many words censored, too many taboo words and subjects

I certainly don't particularly enjoy this site anymore

Most likely because the team is rubbish with no signs of improvement, we have no news of any importance coming out of the club and in general, people are less interested in Hearts because of the first two reasons.

There are also the same petty squabbles happening on too many threads and some posters being determined to try and make everyone as miserable and negative as they are.

I tend to avoid the terrace after defeats or bad performances because the moaners make me feel even worse.

I don't want this to seem as a dig to the mods but the fun is taken out of this board a lot. Too many words censored, too many taboo words and subjects

What subjects are taboo I8?

I know there is a profanity filter but I don't know of any subjects that are not allowed to be discussed.

Guest JamboRobbo
and some posters being determined to try and make everyone as miserable and negative as they are.

And just as many determined to try and make everyone as niavely optomistic as they are. :P;)

And just as many determined to try and make everyone as niavely optomistic as they are. :P;)

Not as many though.

There are a few that puzzle me right enough. I struggle to understand where some get their optimisim from but that's up to them.

I'd rather read that than the constant doom and gloom.

I think optimistic but realistic (like myself :P) is the way to go.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not as many though.

We'll have to agree to differ on that mate.

There are a few that puzzle me right enough. I struggle to understand where some get their optimisim from but that's up to them.

I'd rather read that than the constant doom and gloom.

I think optimistic but realistic (like myself :P) is the way to go.

Just like me. :P

A lot of people talk about the roller coaster ride that the last 2-3 years has been.

Some people say they think that's great.

I don't. I think, as a support, we have been bludgeoned by a blunt instrument over this time, and let's be honest, nothing would surprise us now.

That's not a good thing.

Anyway, all that must affect people's view of the world and how they react and respond on here.

Agreed.

Although at work at the moment I cant access the systems I need until next week so been on KB almost all week and its been alright, but I mainly prefer the Shed. The terrace is the same debates EVERY week.

Wheres BRanny/Copil (who gives a feck anyway?).....Karapidis in midfield......csaba puppet.....new striker...

Gary Glen....Kingston wage thief.......with each thread descending into 2 posters abusing each other. Its balls.

The things that kept KB going, and lively, were an overall positive demeanor and an interest in rumours etc.

Now we have had the stuffing knocked out of us by both the club and each other on KB, that rumours are met with a hounding of abuse and dismissal rather than any sort of optimistic excitement, and that breeds a reluctance for excitement.

the influx of hobos stirring does not help either.

For example. take the recent post about meeting Csaba at the airport and the changes that suggested.

Rather than anyone going 'oooh, sounds good' people immediately shouted 'Liar, rubbish, prove it!'

Ok there is nothing wrong with someone providing proof, and the presences of so many hobos highlights this.

But people used to take enjoyment in the possibility of the rumours being true...even if deep down they knew it was mostly going to be fantasy. Now the rumours are tools to have a go at each other, to put someone down or rubbish what they say.

Rumours are quashed by reference to 'mad Vlad' and itll never happen when he is in charge etc...

Again, all points can be understood, but the change is the lack of faith, or suspension of reality that allows the fans to enjoy a little bit of fantasy, in a positive way...

Go on and blame Vlad for that if you want, you may have a point, but it doesn't change the fact that that is one of the main reasons KB is back biting and treacherous place to be, rather than a light happy fun place where people revel in what might be...not what probably is.

I dont think its the mods fault, they are reacting to the way the board has changed.

They are doing their job as before, but the circumstances are different.

Captain Lithuania
bettter KB is quiet than having things kicking off at the clubat least this means that theres nothing bad happening would rather have quiet to moan about than vlad.

There's always something bad happening..

There's always something bad happening..

A perfect example of the attitude that pervades and brings KB down.

Go to the shed!

Its funner.

Damn right, over there they discuss REAL issues like

'Whats your favorite Chinese?'

I dont think its the mods fault, they are reacting to the way the board has changed.

They are doing their job as before, but the circumstances are different.

I'm saying nothing

What subjects are taboo I8?

I know there is a profanity filter but I don't know of any subjects that are not allowed to be discussed.

you say the word black and the idiots on here brand you a racist

you mention catholics and you are a bigot

the god squad are single handedly killing this board

You mean because things like racism and sectarian bigotedness is not allowed, the board is suffering?

You mean because things like racism and sectarian bigotedness is not allowed, the board is suffering?

No people are too sensitive and spend every minute on here looking for the slightest thing to offend them

the word black is not racist!

I remember someone posted 'what balck players have played for Hearts?'

and some jock strap jockey came on straight away asking the mods to remove the thread as it was racist

No people are too sensitive and spend every minute on here looking for the slightest thing to offend them

the word black is not racist!

I remember someone posted 'what balck players have played for Hearts?'

and some jock strap jockey came on straight away asking the mods to remove the thread as it was racist

RACIST!

Just been told by my mate that Kickback will offically go into administration this time next week,apparently none of the moderators recieved there wages today, something to do with the credit crunch blah blah

dont shoot the messenger

;)

most of the new threads are usually a rehash of old threads, or if you think it is a good thread, you usually find that after a few opening replies it generates into petty point scoring from the usual posters who can't allow others have reasonable debate, some on here seem to follow other posters and continue old arguements.

i also find that there is far too many folk who get offended far, far too easily abou the slightest thing.

Guest GhostHunter

- :eek: Did you really mean to post that i8 ?

Just been told by my mate that Kickback will offically go into administration this time next week,apparently none of the moderators recieved there wages today, something to do with the credit crunch blah blah

dont shoot the messenger

;)

- Buggering bank. Apologies all round, but I'm in the Caribbean just now, and will get round to sorting it out when I get back. Next year.

portobellojambo1

Not sure if dying a death is the right phrase, however I think with regards to discussion we have in a lot of circumstances reached an impasse. Nothing has changed playing wise for the last two seasons, many have accepted this and think all should, but there are still some (hard to believe sometimes when you read JKB mind you) who want to see HMFC get better, more competitive at a higher level.

Over the last two years there hasn't been a great deal to get mega up about, beating Hibs seems to be the highlight, the be all and end all for many. Personally, I set my sites a little higher than that, I take beating Hibs as a gimme, another 3 points, and my aim is to see HMFC compete regularly with both halves of the OF. Being happy for a full year by beating a club you expect to beat is in realtiy selling yourself a bit short in my eyes.

And I actually see this factor as more of a divide on the board, an impasse on the board, to me it is not about pro Vlad/anti Vlad, it is more about where you want to see HMFC, what you want for them.

If beating Hibs is all that counts then the present squad might get away with that, although not always. If you want to see HMFC be better then you have to stop accepting everything is fine and speak your mind.

We need change to happen at Tynecastle, not only to benefit Hearts but to stimulate the support again, we are becoming stagnant, and it is reflected in discussion on the board.

Not sure if dying a death is the right phrase, however I think with regards to discussion we have in a lot of circumstances reached an impasse. Nothing has changed playing wise for the last two seasons, many have accepted this and think all should, but there are still some (hard to believe sometimes when you read JKB mind you) who want to see HMFC get better, more competitive at a higher level.

Over the last two years there hasn't been a great deal to get mega up about, beating Hibs seems to be the highlight, the be all and end all for many. Personally, I set my sites a little higher than that, I take beating Hibs as a gimme, another 3 points, and my aim is to see HMFC compete regularly with both halves of the OF. Being happy for a full year by beating a club you expect to beat is in realtiy selling yourself a bit short in my eyes.

And I actually see this factor as more of a divide on the board, an impasse on the board, to me it is not about pro Vlad/anti Vlad, it is more about where you want to see HMFC, what you want for them.

If beating Hibs is all that counts then the present squad might get away with that, although not always. If you want to see HMFC be better then you have to stop accepting everything is fine and speak your mind.

We need change to happen at Tynecastle, not only to benefit Hearts but to stimulate the support again, we are becoming stagnant, and it is reflected in discussion on the board.

Cheers Obama ;)

winston churchill

lets see,what we now have are.

1/under cover hobos,who are not really under cover.

2/folk with more than one user name.i was told a story in the pub after the sellik game about ,a guy arguing with himself using a pc & laptop at the same time

3/ the pc posse running the board.

4/the,i was told that by PM last night gang.

5/a boyfriend girlfriend tag team,backing each other up.i wonder if it's ten minutes each on the pc,or do they have one each.

Even if that is true, that doesn't make the subjects taboo.

If anyone calls you a bigot or a racist unfairly, report the post and let the mods take care of it.

lets see,what we now have are.

1/under cover hobos,who are not really under cover.

2/folk with more than one user name.i was told a story in the pub after the sellik game about ,a guy arguing with himself using a pc & laptop at the same time

3/ the pc posse running the board.

4/the,i was told that by PM last night gang.

5/a boyfriend girlfriend tag team,backing each other up.i wonder if it's ten minutes each on the pc,or do they have one each.

Hope that's not directed at the 5 of us. You're talking complete and utter baws if it is.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If you folk hate Kickback and think it's 'dead' then don't come on, it's simple!

It's only a message board FFS. Get a grip.

Sergio Garcia

Ive had many discussions off board with mates regarding Kickback.

Now most of my mates/family that are members were always more readers rather than posters, I on the otherhand like to add my viewpoint and on occasion try and debate points with others.

But as far back as before the Motherwell cup reply near enough all the guys in the discussion were saying they were hardly, if ever, on KB anymore.

Reasons given for this was that it was

Too much negativity, even if Hearts were on a good run there always seemed to be some form of negative spin on things.

Far too repetitive, as many others have said, every thread no matter how good it starts out ends up in point scoring between members with a very loose connection to the actual thopic on discussion.

I must admit I'll have a quick look in the Terrace before heading to see what fun and randomness is going on in the Shed. You kinda know how the topics are going go in the Terrace. But as a Hearts board it should be the other way round,sadly its not!

maroonlegions

The shed is good for a laugh , hoaxers dressed as little green men creating highly complex formations in farmers crop fields with bits of primitive rope and planks of wood , leaving traces of radiation in the soil from last nights Indian vindaloos , hours of fun.:)

If you folk hate Kickback and think it's 'dead' then don't come on, it's simple!

It's only a message board FFS. Get a grip.

Exactly.

If it's dying a death it's because people take it waaaaay too seriously.

Everything about Hearts is dying a death at the moment.

There it is.

I had a debate the other day there about JKB and how it represents Hearts fans opinion, be it accurately or not.

I feel that this forum is reacting to what we see on a Saturday, were we happier with how the club was performing/being run, I would suggest that this place would have more posts and would be more positive.

At the moment, it is not all that fun being a Hearts fan. Hence the bad moods and negative views on here.

siegementality
There it is.

I had a debate the other day there about JKB and how it represents Hearts fans opinion, be it accurately or not.

I feel that this forum is reacting to what we see on a Saturday, were we happier with how the club was performing/being run, I would suggest that this place would have more posts and would be more positive.

At the moment, it is not all that fun being a Hearts fan. Hence the bad moods and negative views on here.

I agree 100%. It was mentioned earlier that we don't even get excited about rumours, immediately writing them off as pesh that won't happen under Romanov, now that is a sad state of affairs.

Bomber Harris
I think thats due in no small part to the "i choose to be offended by that mob" who have taken it on to rid JKB of anything funny by deciding what is right and wrong.

FACT

KBseems to be full of gangs of moral guardians now, those that don’t toe their party line are subjected to stalking and abuse by numerous posters that seem to be able to operate with impunity.

Face facts people, its possible to dislike Celtic more than Rangers without being a bigot. Songs are just that, Songs, they are not sectarian just because you disagree with them being sung.

But of course don’t let the above get in the way of presenting yourself as a super nice person who constantly tries to shake with rage harder and longer than the other hand wringers on here.

FFS it’s an internet forum, treat it as such, no one cares what you post as long as you post your honest opinion, not what you thing other want to read. Your only lying to yourself by pretending to be what your not.

You love your delusions, don't you SUSS? Seriously, you have one hell of a victim complex.

I hope it's not my fault i just joined:eek:,

Hopefully it will be around as long as the Hearts.I've enjoyed reading some of these threads,some funny some not so funny,but an eyeopener nonetheless.Where have i been all these years,and can someone tell me when KB originated.

I hope it's not my fault i just joined:eek:,

Hopefully it will be around as long as the Hearts.I've enjoyed reading some of these threads,some funny some not so funny,but an eyeopener nonetheless.Where have i been all these years,and can someone tell me when KB originated.

A N00B, A N00B!

BURN 'IM!

Archived