Industrial Land

GRL1969

Long shot but someone may be able to help. I want to buy a bit land and build a small workshop (2-3000 sq ft) but cant seem to find anything suitable. All the ones i find via google are all huge plots, i only need about half an acre at the most. Anyone any ideas where i should be looking ?

Long shot but someone may be able to help. I want to buy a bit land and build a small workshop (2-3000 sq ft) but cant seem to find anything suitable. All the ones i find via google are all huge plots, i only need about half an acre at the most. Anyone any ideas where i should be looking ?

there may be some plots of land becoming available for development very soon in mcleod street..... according to the various experts on hobos.net

Are there not government agencies where you can get assistance to start up a business?

They might know of any industrial estates or the like?

It all depends how much you want to spend. Land zoned for industrial can be pretty expensive in Edinburgh, even though its classification isn't particularly impressive.

First thing to do is determine your area and then it might sound daft, but go and have a drive around and see what's what. If you want to build something new, you'd be better off finding yourself a plot of land that used to have a similar classification of building upon it so that a) you don't need to apply for change of use and B) you can try to avoid demolition and site clearing costs. Then check that there's no planning applications on it, and if it's all good, contact the owner directly and ask them what they want for it.

Remember that there are very few great sites in Edinburgh that won't cost you an arm and a leg, you'd be better off having a nosy around the suburban areas or outskirts...or even better...East or West Lothian. There is land out there, it's just not that easy to find. :)

Archived