If Pressley was to return as a Half Time Guest...

duckandcover

The standing ovation any returning hero deserves

Perhaps he may deserve that, however after his chest thumping antics i doubt he would get it. A character that definitely polarises opinion!

Which is a shame, given his years of sterling service to the club.

I would ask him to get stripped because he is going on in place of that useless **** zalukis

I hope you mean to get a kit on, rather than get bollock naked to go play football. :eek:

There would be some boos but I would hope not that many.

On the subject of half time returns for players I'd love to see Mickey Cameron and Anti Niemi back. Mickeys back up in Scotland now and injured at the moment and Anti is retired so both should be possibilities. Think they would both get 100% positive receptions!!!!

Oh god, not another random "I love Pressley" or "I hate Pressley" thread. :mad: Have we nothing else to talk about? :rolleyes: For the record, and like a moth to the flame, I think he gave sterling service to us and should be appreciated greatly for that, but he is now part of Hearts' past. That may change in the future if he ever comes back to us in any capacity, but for the moment let's just concentrate on the present situation and the present players, no?

Oh god, not another random "I love Pressley" or "I hate Pressley" thread. :mad: Have we nothing else to talk about? :rolleyes: For the record, and like a moth to the flame, I think he gave sterling service to us and should be appreciated greatly for that, but he is now part of Hearts' past. That may change in the future if he ever comes back to us in any capacity, but for the moment let's just concentrate on the present situation and the present players, no?

Alan Lawrence and Brian McNaughton were the half time guests last week. Part of Hearts' past. And recognised at half time last week.

Just as the guests are every week. And a nice touch it is too. Hopefully the likes of Mickey, Anti and Elvis will get their turn this season.

He got a fantastic reception at Robbie's testimonial game.

He'd get the same again I reckon - anyone who thinks he's a traitor needs his head examined.

Alan Lawrence and Brian McNaughton were the half time guests last week. Part of Hearts' past. And recognised at half time last week.

Just as the guests are every week. And a nice touch it is too. Hopefully the likes of Mickey, Anti and Elvis will get their turn this season.

Ok. agreed. It's just that I took a long time-out from JKB and when I left it seemed every second thread was on about Elvis even though he was long departed. I'd hate to think nothing had changed. I think that it would seem more natural though to invite ex-Hearts players that have finished their playing careers.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I hope he falls on his face walking onto the pitch and is shown the same contempt he showed us with his chest beating.

Directed to Vlad? hmmm dont think Vlad sat with the vermin fans.

I hope he falls on his face walking onto the pitch and is shown the same contempt he showed us with his chest beating.

Directed to Vlad? hmmm dont think Vlad sat with the vermin fans.

Stop replying to threads, get on with your school work :P

I'd give him the respect a cup-winning captain deserves.

It's not like there has been that many of them.

He did behave like an idiot, something he seems to dearly regret. After everything he did for the club, i'd leave that in the past.

I'd give him the respect a cup-winning captain deserves.

It's not like there has been that many of them.

He did behave like an idiot, something he seems to dearly regret. After everything he did for the club, i'd leave that in the past.

Genuine question, what makes you think that?

Genuine question, what makes you think that?

He told someone I know.

He regrets that he upset a section of the Hearts fans as that was not his intention. He knows that his actions were not a good idea.

Guest S.U.S.S.
He told someone I know.

He regrets that he upset a section of the Hearts fans as that was not his intention. He knows that his actions were not a good idea.

So, why has he never came out and explained his actions were 'allegedly' directed to vlad and explain why he banged the chest facing their fans and not the main stand where Vlad would have been seated if he were at the match?

PS i do understand thats not a question you personally can actually answer.

He knows what he did but has NEVER made any attempt to explain his actions nor apologise the the Hearts fans for his lack of respect.

If he did that perhaps some would regain some respect for him.

So, why has he never came out and explained his actions were 'allegedly' directed to vlad and explain why he banged the chest facing their fans and not the main stand where Vlad would have been seated if he were at the match?

PS i do understand thats not a question you personally can actually answer.

He knows what he did but has NEVER made any attempt to explain his actions nor apologise the the Hearts fans for his lack of respect.

If he did that perhaps some would regain some respect for him.

No idea.

He should though.

It's sad that a cup winning former captain has sullied his reputation like he has with so many fans.

He told someone I know.

I was told* the he had no regrets about doing what he did that day. His only regret was not signing for Celtic when he had the chance to 3years previous.

*i am only saying what i was told by someone who was in our company at a corporate day out at a Hearts match** when the topic of Pressley came up and that maybe he regretted the chest thumping event, he just told us what Pressley had said in his company when asked if he regretted upsetting Hearts fans with his chest thumping moment, this was asked at a Celtic function at Parkhead, so that has to be taken into consideration also. This person was not a Celtic nor a Hearts fan, just seems to enjoy his freebies.

**There were others there who witnessed what this boy told us.

I was told* the he had no regrets about doing what he did that day. His only regret was not signing for Celtic when he had the chance to 3years previous.

*i am only saying what i was told by someone who was in our company at a corporate day out at a Hearts match** when the topic of Pressley came up and that maybe he regretted the chest thumping event, he just told us what Pressley had said in his company when asked if he regretted upsetting Hearts fans with his chest thumping moment, this was asked at a Celtic function at Parkhead, so that has to be taken into consideration also. This person was not a Celtic nor a Hearts fan, just seems to enjoy his freebies.

**There were others there who witnessed what this boy told us.

No idea about any that.

The person I know who he told is not a Hearts fan either and would have no reason to lie.

Did Pressley not say something at Robbie's testimonial dinner on this subject? I remember a thread on here about it.

Guest JamboRobbo

Turning down the OF to stay at Hearts. The actions of a true judas traitor.

Turning down the OF to stay at Hearts. The actions of a true judas traitor.

From what i gathered it was not down to him that he did not get the move.;)

No idea about any that.

The person I know who he told is not a Hearts fan either and would have no reason to lie.

Snap, which is why i made it clear it was second hand information i was given and not something i heard Pressley say himself.

Guest JamboRobbo
From what i gathered it was not down to him that he did not get the move.;)

But according to yourself

His only regret was not signing for Celtic when he had the chance to 3years previous

Make your mind up. He either had the chance to sign and regrets not taking it, or he didn't get the chance to move.

You can't spin it both ways at the same time.

What kind of reception do you think he would get?

Hopefully a standing ovation as the fans have to show the current crop the respect and hero status you get for winning a trophy at Hearts.

But according to yourself

Make your mind up. He either had the chance to sign and regrets not taking it, or he didn't get the chance to move.

You can't spin it both ways at the same time.

Told you what i was told what was said, then told you what i 'gathered'. ;)

Where was Hartleys standing ovation on Sunday?

I thought we were to love all cup winners.

Guest JamboRobbo
Where was Hartleys standing ovation on Sunday?

I thought we were to love all cup winners.

He did get "one paul Hartley" "hartley is a jambo" sung at him.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Gambo, the most ardent Vlad defender on JKB, in a not backing Elvis post!!! SHOCKED.

I don't think he ever did anything wrong.

Guess you were not at the Celtic game then? Most of those that back SP (that i have spoken to) state he was wrong to do it.

Guest S.U.S.S.

After missing the penalty!:)

To be fair I have no problem with Paul, he has never shown us anything but respect.

After he missed a penalty IIRC.

I don't remember a massive ovation for him when Scott Wilson read out his name before the match.

The vast majority of Tynecastle would give him the booing that he deserves - although he wouldn't come to Tynecastle, as he's too scared to even go to the Gyle these days.

People should use this smiley more often.

It's the height of wit.

At the very least, it should always be accompanied with the words : "Ha! Gotcha!"

Guest JamboRobbo
After missing the penalty!:)

To be fair I have no problem with Paul, he has never shown us anything but respect.

highlight of the day for me.

I've no problem with any of them.

But then I'm the same with Webster and ritchie.

I judge them on what they did whilst at HMFC. And on that front, I have no complaints over any of the players mentioned (hartley, webster, ritchie or pressley).

If we had more in the team right now with the sort of commitment that Hartley, Webster, Pressley and Ritchie showed on the park for HMFC, then we wouldn't be in the position we are in.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think you'll find I was, in section N1 no less.

Maybe you guys in the PC Brigade are just more easily offended than me.;)

Hehe. getting upset by someone clapping his own supporters after a victory. And they complain about others being easily offended! :P

Hehe. getting upset by someone clapping his own supporters after a victory. And they complain about others being easily offended! :P

"They"?

"They"?

It's this "us and them" mentality that marks you out as a bigot. :sad:

Guest JamboRobbo
"They"?

"They"?

It's this "us and them" mentality that marks you out as a bigot. :sad:

You make me laugh sometimes. :)

The point is, the very same posters who accuse others of "being part of the PC brigade" or "jumping on the easily offended bus" etc etc etc with regard to songs being sung at Tynie, are the very same posters who express OUTRAGE that Steven Pressley clapped his own fans at Tynie after the match.

Hypocritical? Of course not. :rofl:

Johanes de Silentio

I'd welcome Elvis - there was a major problem with discipline in the dressing room - we all wondered about it - Elvis chose to speak out about it - there are still all sorts of rumours about dressing room indiscipline, what with Larry, Berra, Zaluseless, etc.

I don't blame Elvis for speaking out - whether he, Gordon and Heartley should have hi-jacked a club press-conference is another matter.

If we wouldn't welcome Elvis, then why would we welcome Gordon? Both players were behind the Riccarton statement. We can't have double standards, can we?

Elvis's biggest crime, of course, was signing for Glasgow Celtic, where he won honours and earned a fortune - the *******!

Gambo, the most ardent Vlad defender on JKB, in a not backing Elvis post!!! SHOCKED.

I don't think he ever did anything wrong.

Where did i not back or even back Elvis in this thread?

I told you something i was told that was different to something another poster was told. I made it clear that this was told in front of a Celtic minded audience (which is understandable).

I personally think Pressley was wrong to thump his chest the way he did that afternoon, but i had no problem with him giving his best in a Celtic shirt for 90mins.

Do i think Pressley holds our fans or our club in the high esteam(spell?) that some think he does.........no.

Pressley imo will see us in the same way as he sees Rangers/Rangers fans, Coventry/Coventry fans, Utd/Utd fans, Celtic/Celtic fans in that we were a club he spent some good years of his career with.

Side note:

Tevez scored against West Ham, a club he held dear to his heart. Very muted celebration. Ronaldo does similar in Lisbon.

Why did Elvis feel the need to cover every blade of grass on the pitch when he scored against us? I thought he cared deeply for the club?

Guest JamboRobbo
Side note:

Tevez scored against West Ham, a club he held dear to his heart. Very muted celebration. Ronaldo does similar in Lisbon.

Why did Elvis feel the need to cover every blade of grass on the pitch when he scored against us? I thought he cared deeply for the club?

Now we're getting upset because a player celebrates a goal for his team?

the easily offended bus will be along for a pickup in a minute.

The point is, the very same posters who accuse others of "being part of the PC brigade" or "jumping on the easily offended bus" etc etc etc with regard to songs being sung at Tynie, are the very same posters who express OUTRAGE that Steven Pressley clapped his own fans at Tynie after the match.

Hypocritical? Of course not. :rofl:

It's not really the same situation. The point in the "easily offended" stuff is that most of the songs argued about on here have no lyrics which should be offensive to a reasonable person. Of course, it's really the "us and them" mentality that I was getting at in your post. If you were in a totalitarian dictatorship, you'd probably be looking down on the downtrodden masses in no time. :sad:

If we wouldn't welcome Elvis, then why would we welcome Gordon?

:huh:

Because Gordon didn't come back to Tynecastle with our biggest enemies and pump his chest. He isn't a Jhudas. :mad:

Archived