The easily offended bus

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Is today swerving towards Jeremy Clarkson for, wait for it, daring to poke fun at lorry drivers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7707641.stm

500 odd complaints for THAT? Some people really need to get a life, no doubt the moral police have been fired up in the post Brand/Ross vacuum, but this really is something else. Do people love complaining at the moment? Sheesh.

Is today swerving towards Jeremy Clarkson for, wait for it, daring to poke fun at lorry drivers.

500 odd complaints for THAT? Some people really need to get a life, no doubt the moral police have been fired up in the post Brand/Ross vacuum, but this really is something else. Do people love complaining at the moment? Sheesh.

It will no doubt be upto about 30k complaints once the media finish with him.

Pathetic

Anyone who has time to sit and write a complaint should be put down.

What's funny about making a joke on TV about the murder of women?

Is it ok because they are only prostitues anyway?

I wouldn't class myself as easily offended.

People these days don't have a sense of humour or wit...quite sad really.

I've been watching top gear for years, little jokes like this makes the show watchable.

Say What Again

While it doesn't really offend me, I can see why it would offend. Joking about people being murdered? And at the same time classing a certain group of people as the type to murder them?

Sorry, but that's not funny.

If the easily offended bus is swerving towards Clarkson, I hope it hits him at his favoured speed of 100mph. The mans an arse.

Not that you ever complain about anything.

Try the hosepipe/exhaust/closed garage door trick...

Cari Mitchell, of English Collective of Prostitutes, meanwhile, said "I think it's a sacking offence to make light of the murder of anybody, never mind prostitute women who are vulnerable and criminalised."

Erm, isn't prostitution criminal anyway? How can they be criminalised, when they are by definition criminals?

Bizarre.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You make it sound like he's said 'pink fluffy bunny rabbits aren't cute'

I can see why people are annoyed although I wouldn't be sad enough to complain about it.

Patrick Bateman

If he'd made these comments 3 weeks ago, I doubt there would be more than a handful of complaints. Thing is, people have been stirried into a frenzy by the Daily Mail to launch official complaints because they don't agree with something. Whether it's funny or not isn't the issue here - It's attempted censorship.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
If he'd made these comments 3 weeks ago, I doubt there would be more than a handful of complaints. Thing is, people have been stirried into a frenzy by the Daily Mail to launch official complaints because they don't agree with something. Whether it's funny or not isn't the issue here - It's attempted censorship.

You are complaining about people complaining though so it looks as if you have been sucked in. ;)

Cari Mitchell, of English Collective of Prostitutes, meanwhile, said "I think it's a sacking offence to make light of the murder of anybody, never mind prostitute women who are vulnerable and criminalised."

Erm, isn't prostitution criminal anyway? How can they be criminalised, when they are by definition criminals?

Bizarre.

By being pushed into prostitution due to socio/economic factors they are criminalised.

I'm not sure how the law stands, but I don't think it is a crime to be a prostitute. It is a crime to live off immoral earnings and it is an offence to solicit trade. As far as I am aware anyway.

Say What Again
Thing is, people have been stirried into a frenzy by the Daily Mail to launch official complaints because they don't agree with something. Whether it's funny or not isn't the issue here - It's attempted censorship.

So your saying he should be allowed to say (for example) 'all muslims are terrorists. I hate P*kis because they smell and blacks should be slaves'?

Whether it's funny or not isn't the issue. To stop him saying that would be censorship.

A Boy Named Crow

I thought it was very funny, right up there with when James advocated smoking a spliff whilst driving a bus!

He clearly wasn't condoning the murder of prostitutes, just pointing out that it happens. If anytrhing he was doing a service to the ladies of the night. Less killing of prostitutes! Less killing now!

Good work Jezza, thanks for bringing the terrible plight of these defensless women to light!

By being pushed into prostitution due to socio/economic factors they are criminalised.

They are pushed toward prostitution. Everyone has a choice.

Bizarre.

I dont think it is a crime to be a prostitute. My wife is one so I'll ask her when I get home.

Patrick Bateman
So your saying he should be allowed to say (for example) 'all muslims are terrorists. I hate P*kis because they smell and blacks should be slaves'?

Whether it's funny or not isn't the issue. To stop him saying that would be censorship.

Where did I say that there should be no rules whatsoever? I'm not an advocate of racism or discriminatory speech, but really, I think the people complaining need a reality check here.

And I don't even LIKE Clarkson.

I find it amazing how many people complain a these kind of things only when it hits the smutty media. Hardly anyone bothered their arse at the time.

Clarkson is a top man. Funny too.

A Boy Named Crow
I find it amazing how many people complain a these kind of things only when it hits the smutty media. Hardly anyone bothered their arse at the time.

Clarkson is a top man. Funny too.

FACT!

Kalamazoo Jambo
It will no doubt be upto about 30k complaints once the media finish with him.

Pathetic

Oh the irony :laugh:

There are more and more PC handwringers each and every day. Its middle England syndrome. Anyone that could actually be ersed complaining about things like this is a numpty and needs more to do with their time.

Top Gear in offensive (to some) shocker. :eek:

On a side note I watched an episode of a program called 'love thy neighbor' a couple years ago. Free DVD with a paper in the golf club i worked at. Fair to say that is a program that folk probably should have complained about!

500 complaints from a watching audience of several million is pitiful.

I dont know it even warrants a mention in the press.

J your flipping teasing me now:rolleyes:

p.s Clarkson's the guvnor .

MackaysCentreSpot

"Jeremy was just being Jeremy, just being himself and that's what people watch the show for, so why change it?"

Top Gear co-presenter Richard Hammond

So if that is the case then can this not be argued in the case of Brand and Ross. They were just being themselves and that's what people expect from them.

Or does it simply come down to how popular you are. The BBC has set the precedent now by the way they dealt with Jonathan Ross so they have to be seen to be showing consistency and deal with Jeremy Clarkson accordingly.

Romanov Stole My Pension

IT'S A JOKE!!!

Most funny jokes take the p!ss out of certain groups of people whether that's the irish/blondes/women/men/gingers/lorry drivers. Someone is always the victim.

Murder is a terrible shame but I bet every person on this board has laughed at jokes made about dead people.

I bet there was not as many complaits when he ripped into Americans for an entire show?

Whoever did complain needs there head extracted from their rear, sat down and then swiftly slapped.

what a load of cobblers (no offence to any cobblers out there).

you see comedians making jokes about the likes of fred west, harold shipman, that austrian beast, etc etc.... so what's the difference?

i wonder who is meant to be the injured party here... lorry drivers or prozzies.

what a load of cobblers (no offence to any cobblers out there).

you see comedians making jokes about the likes of fred west, harold shipman, that austrian beast, etc etc.... so what's the difference?

i wonder who is meant to be the injured party here... lorry drivers or prozzies.

Thats where I think there may be problems - I think Clarkson was probably trying to take the mince out of lorry-drivers but prozzies are the ones who may be taking it more seriously. It will be interesting to see if there is an outburst of complaints once it gets publicised more.

Thats where I think there may be problems - I think Clarkson was probably trying to take the mince out of lorry-drivers but prozzies are the ones who may be taking it more seriously. It will be interesting to see if there is an outburst of complaints once it gets publicised more.

There was a story in the paper about it today with comment from the head of some lorry drivers orgainisation. He basically said that people need to get a sense of humour.

Anyone who watched the programme will have clearly seen that it was just a light-hearted pop at lorry drivers.

in that case it's only a matter of time until some prozzy representative (a trade union for card carrying 'sex merchants' if you will) comes out and claims that it in some way incites or encourages the killing of their... (ahem) members?

I wonder how many complaints were made on Sunday.Most would have been made 24hrs after the show was shown.Cannot beat a good non pc joke.:)

So people are saying lorry drivers don't kill hookers?

Bizarre, everyone knows they're at it.

I thought it was just tolerated so we don't run out of milk.

What's funny about making a joke on TV about the murder of women?

Is it ok because they are only prostitues anyway?

I wouldn't class myself as easily offended.

whats not funny about it?

So people are saying lorry drivers don't kill hookers?

Bizarre, everyone knows they're at it.

I thought it was just tolerated so we don't run out of milk.

coffee onto screen moment.

TBH if you are going to get offended by something like that you shouldn't be watching a show like Top Gear. Most of the folk who complain about stuff like this are lonely auld biddies who sit at home all day with a notepad, looking for things to get upset about.

This is what society has been reduced to. At this rate everyone will eventually be scared to open their mouth, not just folk in the media. Maybe in the end eveyone will be afraid to, live, incase this should OFFEND someone. IMO there is a lot more to this sort of thing than meets the eye, it goes beyond Ross/Brandgate. This sort of thing is a dark reflection of modern 'culture' as a whole.

Minorities and people with differnt opinions are being played off against each other through biased media coverage - everyone seems to be suspicious of their neighbour these days and it seems we should all fear Muslims and anyone who wears a hoody or is under the age of 21. 'PC' and health and safety measures are being brought into every area of life even though nobody bloody asked for it, bad news is thrust at us 24/7 telling us terrorists are out to get us and we will likely be stabbed by gangs if we dare venture out of the house after dark. Added to that we have 'experts' producing new reports seemingly every week warning that xy and z will give us cancer and make our bits fall off.

Of course, all of this BS is fueld by the press, who sadly now have less than a milligram of actual journalistic ability between the whole lot of them. I doubt that came about by accident.

I also have little doubt a great deal of all this crap is designed to keep us under the thumb. It's control by fear. WELL **** OFF all you easily offended people, oh and **** censorship!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do you think that is why there are never any re-runs of In Sickness and iin Health, Till Death do us Part, (alf garnet) on T.V, great comedies, but now surely offensive. Can you imagine!

Say What Again

Looking through this thread, I can't wait for the righteousness from some posters when it suits them.

Prisoners shouldn't slop out, everyone has human rights, you homophobe, that's racist, 'Hello Hello' - we don't need your type etc - but offended by jokes? It's PC gone mad!!

It's good ol' Jezza - where's your sense of humour for Gods sake? :rolleyes:

Anyone who takes offence at that really needs to lighten up a bit.

Where does it end no jokes at all about anyone in case somebody gets offended. Have we as a society really become so insecure that we feel the need to complain about anything that may even just be a little bit at our expense.

Does anybody know how many She-males or disabled people complained about Little Britain?

Guest juvehearts

Its all a campaign to tar the BBC.

you'll be getting more & more of these silly complaints to the bbc about jokes that are actually funny.

im suppriesd that mock the week, have i got news for you & others like haven't been pulled.

we will next get bbc news 24 getting pulled for making comments about someone's death.

watch this space

p.s WHEN WILL IT END?

I P Knightley

I find this whole thread offensive. To whom should I complain?

Lorry drivers kill prostitutes - it's been known to happen and, whilst they haven't cornered the market, they certainly occupy a large proportion of the prositute-killing population. They're also a pretty thick-skinned bunch of guys who I doubt in the main got offended by JC's comments.

Nothing to see here, move on, move on.

Clarkson's a nob, though. Brand's a bigger nob and Ross is the biggest of the three.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

As long as the truck empty themselves first. Nothing worse than driving with a heavy load!!!!!

:)

Say What Again

Found this on another site: :P:p

1. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

2. Make sure you have the 'Make a complaint' box ticked

3.Complain about 'Television Programmes'

4. Select bbc 1 and Put 02/11/08 in date

5.Songs of Praise in Programme box

6. Make a sensible complaint about how and why you dislike Songs of Praise

7. Put in some false (but reasonable) details

if nothing else it will show how serious the bbc is about their complaints.

----------------------

i wrote this

There was also a naked man protesting outside the church, there was nothing on screen that covered up his genitals and my kids found this truly disturbing.

Everyone try write same thing so it sounds more real.

----------------------------------------------

I wrote that being a Muslim, I was highly offended by Christian songs and there should be more burka friendly programmes such as Allah's Cookery Special or Mohammed's Disco Tunes. I see they've done nothing about it...racist *****.

I wrote

The laissez faire attitude of the participants (the singers for lack of a better word) where unmotivated and lacked the drive and determination to created the wonderful spectacle that is evening-song. I insist that whatever wage is given to these performers is reviewed and that the opportunity is given for a new generation of performers to take the stage if the incumbents continually fail to perform. In short, they must try harder!!!

------------------------------------------------

I put :

When I am masterbating and I have lost the remote I do not want to see a bunch of old priests and their congregation singing stupid songs. That coupled with the man dancing naked outside the church protesting about something or other with nothing covering him up really puts me off. Please be more considerate.

hehe

everybody mention the naked protestor thought up by somebody up there ^ if enough people do it mabye it'd get in the news!

I was offended that the BBC is forcing christianity and the bible down my throat whilst not making any comment that there is no scientific based fact that the bible is true. Indeed it feel like a cult in so much as it forces you to believe their beliefs and contibute money to it. Obscene. I demand fairness and equal time for my non-faith and for this program to come with a warning/disclaimer that it is Fiction.

I wrote:

I am sick to death of the homophobic agenda that Songs of Praise is trying to promote, i find it quite funny how on the same week J Ross was suspended for inproper conduct Songs of Praise is allowed to call for the death of all gays through the medium of song. I hope this matter will recieve the attention it deserves

------------------------------------------

i went off on one about how can people feel it is the way of christian life to show it all across the country.. once i get my reply i'll tell you my complaint word for word

Hello my name is Mary Cole i submitted a complaint earlier but i also didn't mention the horrendousness of the old man waving his genitilia about. Now it has scarred me and i didn't want to bring it up in my earlier message but i do feel that if something is not done about this then it will get to the point where characters in bodger and badger, in the night garden, and even chris jarvis's show on

cbeebies will be exposed to such rudeness. I myself don't to want to see this happen and i'm sure you good people at bbc don't either but when all i want to hear on a sunday morning is the birds tweeting i don't expect to be scarred by such sites.. thank you once agsin for reading this message Mrs Mary Cole

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I wrote: In many programmes on the BBC when individuals voice their opinions and views there are caveats or disclaimers. Surely in this 21st century with substantial proof against the existence of a god (note lower case), programmes such as songs of praise should have to state that they are representing the views of the individuals within the programme and not the view of the corporation as a whole. I am a license payer - they do not represent my view.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Mine:

I am writing to complain about the naked protester outside the church during Songs of Praise on 02/11/08. There seemed to be no attempt at all to cover up this man's genitalia, and to be honest i'm quite puzzled as to why this was shown at all. It beared no relevance to any other scene in the programme, and had nothing to do with the lyrics that were being sung. I have a five year old daughter who was watching with me at the time, and needless to say it raised some rather awkward questions and thus, inexhaustible amounts of embarrassment for my wife and I.

-----------------------

There was a naked man protesting outside the church, with nothing on screen that covered up his genitals. My children found this incredibly disturbing, and I find it atrocious that the BBC can broadcast this pre-watershed.

==================================

since when has it been legal to show naked men on tv before the waltershed, we had on whilst the kids where playing and i have to explain to my 3year daughter what it was(private parts) please will bbc check all coverage beforeing showing the programme to the public.

==================================

Bean:

I am an Atheist. I am offended that there are no shows for us praising the fact there is no God. What are you going to do about it?

MackaysCentreSpot
Does anybody know how many She-males or disabled people complained about Little Britain?

They are not she-males. They are real ladies.

emily_florence.jpg

Emily Howard and Florence

Whether it be taking afternoon tea together, or visiting the ballet, Emily and Florence are just two ladies going about their ladylike business, like any other normal ladies.

True, Emily used to play left back for QPR, and Florence has a moustache, but make no mistake, these are real ladies, and definitely not a couple of rubbish transvestites. Merci beaucoup!

Say What Again
Found this on another site: :P:p

They've flooded them with complaints now - most of them mentioning the fictional naked man outside the church during Songs of Praise :P

Dear Sirs,

On the date in question I was quite happy sitting with my wife watching Songs of Praise when we saw a young man protesting outside the Church completely naked. This was a complete suprise to me and my wife as we are of the WW2 Generation and are getting on in our lives. This was completely unacceptable as my dear wife hasnt seen a males private parts in quite some time, she was so pleased to see one that we made love that very night in my arm chair. If you could please look deeply into this are during the sex my wife broke her hip and can no longer do the house work, our house is a tip!

Yours Truly,

Alfred Bull

======================

I wrote in asking why they didn't cater to songs from other religions, like Snake-worshipping, Norse Gods, or Scientology.

---------------------

i was deeply disturbed by your persistence in showing the programme songs of praise on the bbc, as i feel it is forcing the christian religion upon the general public. i am not a religious believer and therefore believe that you are encroaching on my personal beliefs by showing this repeatedly.

also, for some unbeknown reason, there was a naked man outside protesting, with nothing to cover his genitalia. is this normal for a program before the watershed.

i hope you will review your policies and take into consideration everyone in the uk before airing such programmes.

haha

---------------------

Having watched Songs of Praise for some years now, I feel the BBC has reached an all time low. Last Sunday's coverage of a 'gentleman' protesting outside the Church wearing nothing but his Sunday best, complete with his Sunday dinner of meat and two veg was the final straw. As a fairly open minded person, to see this on the Sabbath has infuriated me. I shall be contacting Points of View to express my concern.

----------------------

I Have two computers; so i wrote 2 complaints.

1. I Am extremely unhappy with this program. I Am a religious man and i belive we need to expand into new terrotories; I dont want to see the same boring christian songs over and over. i want to diversify into the muslim songs of praise as i love the beat and rythem. Maybe just one ethnic song would be enough to please me as the amount of children visiting my church has disappeared. Regard, Reverend Sami pedia

2. What if god's a woman? Not only am I going to hell, I'll never know why. (joke from s011)

5ftlegend

========================

i wrote: I, being muslim, am very upset that there is not any equivilent programs for Islam followers. The UK is a multi cultural country and i think the bbc should accomodate all these cultures.

Also, i was disgusted to see a nude man in front of the church protesting something or other. BBC should not have let this to be shown before the watershed. If there is futher nudity i request that songs of praise be shown after the watershed.

i put my name as Mr Mohammed Jihad :P

Ddevil1989

======================

I wrote "**** off, this ain't no Sickipedia revolution, we just like the naked old wrinkly ladies, you *******s".

=====================

I too complained about the naked man in front of the church being aired on a Sunday on Songs of Praise.

====================

I wrote some **** about ******s and god, cant remember much though. . .

==================

As devout Jedi I find the Christian-pushing agenda of your TV network unacceptable. Combined with the added profanity of a protestor bearing his nut sack for all to see outside the Church, I find this horribly offensive.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Roberto Cheesefecker

Say What Again

4 (slider1874)

As a preaching Jedi I do not think your show is doing enough to cater for the needs of those who do believe in a man with beard who sits in a cloud. Rather than all the bible songs all of the time you could get a bit Britney Spears or some Killers tunes on.

Saying that I did think the naked old protester did give show a new edge and more of what public wanted.

May the force be with you.

------------------

I am a great supporter of the BBC and all the great shows it has produced over the years (i'm especially impressed with the recent Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand prank call on the radio, pure genius) but i was disgusted to see the utter filth on my television set when 'Songs Of Praise' appeared on the screen. first of all, i am a strong Satanist and find it completely offensive to see these songs (if you can call them that) being sung to the very thing i have been brought up to despise. But that is not all, i am again shocked by the cruelty of the BBC to take old people away from their homes to a place of utter evil and are forced to sing to 'HIM', and if they refuse their grandchildren shall be sacrificed to the great egyptian god Anubis. Now i have got those points off of my chest, there is just the small matter of naked protester outside the 'Church' with nothing covering up his male genitalia. i was quite shocked by this and i thought that it was low, even by the BBC's standards. i hope something is done about this obscene programme at once. Kind regards, Mr C Black

-----------------

Im highly offended at the sight of the old naked presenter outside of the church. As i was watching with my youngest brother, i had to try and explain what his penis was, why he was naked and why he was outside the church. He's 4 for God's sake! He should not be witnessing pornography at the Lords house on a sunday afternoon. I for one will not be tuning in next wee as no doubt it will contain 2 nude lesbians and a can of whipped cream!

Jason

--- Just a thought, but wouldn't this be more effective if the complaints were made a little more believable? They are funny though....

=================

As i am a Muslim Preacher or the Islamic Faith, I think it is disgusting that the BBC do not show more Islamic programmes, and only focus on Christian Beliefs. As for the naked man outside the church, that is another thing, how dare he show his Sheikh Kebab to The Mighty Allah

Your Sincerely

Ahmed .A. Shed

Josh

As a devout athiest i believe the content of this broadcast to be extremely racist and homophobic. If i wanted to see old men preach about "God" and offend hundreds of people i would watch Al-Jazeera. This is the bbc, where frankie boyle should be made commissioner about his frankly hillarious jokes about my grandma's pussy.

Yours sincerely

Prince Harry

FiredUpGrego

-----------------

I was deeply disturbed to find a naked man protesting outside the church in question, as it completely ruined the mood that me and my partner were experiencing at the time. We find the songs powerful, enticing, and erotic, and it completely killed the sexual atmosphere that I was experiencing. Therefore, I am blaming my loss of sex this week firmly in your hands.

Regards, Angry Man

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I wrote

I am offended by the lack of muslim songs in this show. I am a muslim and I sometimes sing to praise Allah. I sing songs such as kjbdfjsdasuhObamasuckamahcockdick****y. I would appreciate if you had at least 4 songs from different religions each episode and possibly some atheist ones.

-----------------

Dear BBC

No one watches this **** you know

----------

Please can you tell me where all the money goes from Children in Need. Every year we are forced to give our money to your programme, and every year you take millions for these alleged "Children in Need", yet, they are still in need. How can this be? Well, I'll tell you how! It is all one big lie, and I know this to be fact. Only yesterday did I see one of these alleged "Children in Need" as an actor on Eastenders.

I would also like to complain about your showing naked genitals on "Songs of Praise". I understand that god allegedly made man in her own image, but I for one do not wish to see an old todger flapping around.

Yours regretfully,

Mrs Penelope Duffile.

--------------------------

Mine(DoubleTee):

I have just come across this programme lately and think it is an absolute disgrace. There has been no other programmes dedicated to other religions on the BBC before, as if to say the BBC's religion is christianity. To widen your audience i think you should broadcast some television programmes about every religion, maybe something like Ross Kemp did with those awful gangs?

I also have one more issue about this programme. There seemed to be a naked man at the window of the church protesting about something. There was no effort to blur out or hide his genitals and I am sure the programme was broadcasted before the watershed. If my kids were watching they could have been scarred for life. I expect a full public apology.

Mr Williams.

(for the record i came across the programme too, it was quite hard to wipe off...:-D acb)

-----------------------

i've written to ask if they'll repeat the episode coz i missed the bit where the bloke got his knob out!

-----------------------

I've written that it's unfair the BBC refused to show a naked woman but not a naked man, as surely I deserve some pleasure to do. This is Songs of praise, not Songs of Softcore Gay Porn!

-----------------------

I am writing to make a formal complaint about the show Songs of Praise. I believe the format of the show is biased towards Christians and should try and include the teachings of other faiths in it's broadcasts and across the BBC as a whole. There are many possible programmes you could choose to screen which incorporate the views of other religions. For example, Have I got news for Jew (A weekly finance show aimed at Jews.) or even Songs of Jedi (The same format as Songs of Praise except instead of hymns, music from the Star Wars series is used such as the Imperial March hummed by pensioners.) I hope you take my complaint into consideration as a serious message and look forward to you continuing the correspondence between us.

With Regards, Neil Harris

P.S, I would also like to point out how disgraceful it was to show that man outside the church protesting, devoid of all clothing, with his genitalia flowing free in the wind. When I watched this along with my wife, I had to cover her eyes as I believe it is immoral for her to see any inappropriate parts of a male anatomy ( N.B, When we copulate, the lights are always off so there is no problem there.)

-----------------------------------------

I've done my part [rosyatrandom]

As someone who doesn't care too much for religion, I do feel that Songs of Praise has rather a monopoly on the BBC when it comes to this kind of programming. Why can't there be more in the way of alternatives, such as 'Songs of Apathy'? Maybe 'Unconscious Tuneless Humming of Nonspiritual Meanderings'? Also, the naked protester was hilarious. I hope he makes another appearance. Although I hope it's not as cold, the poor old man.

------------------------------------------

Mine:

I was walking past the TV then realised Songs Of Praise was on... Nobody was in my house at the time and I hadn't switched the TV on so the only reason I can find to explain it is that Songs Of Praise gives off supernatural waves which have a physical force and are able to control television sets. Please can you stop showing the program as it is starting to scare me. If you do not co-operate with my wishes then I can assure you I will be taking legal action and calling the ghostbusters.

Say What Again

_______

Mine:

As a devout christian i tune in religiously to Songs Of Praise every sunday and was seriously appalled to see a man cavorting naked in front of a Church in what seemed to be some sort of protest. i watch this program with my young son and he started to ask some awkward questions. i sincerely hope you treat this matter with the upmost seriousness and look to eradicate this kind of behaviour from future shows.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mine: (**** i no)

I am a devote buddah and I would like to make a comalint for the simple reason that whilst I was mediatating I noticed a naked man on your show (As if the singing wasn't bad enough) I was outraged and disgusted at this as it prevented me from reaching enlightment, thanks to this show.

something must be done.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mine:-

In light of recent problems regarding the behaviour of BBC presenters and their programming, I find it quite astonishing that 'Auntie' thought it necessary to show a naked man and his dangly bits on our screens during Songs of Praise. I do hope that this will not be repeated as I nearly choked on my Horlicks.

====================================================

From me:

Dear Sir,

As a committed Christian I have been a long time viewer of Songs of Praise for many years. However, even given the Church's new "liberal" agenda, the sight of a naked man protesting outside the Church was a new low. Furthermore, my wife was present at the time, and the fact that this man was, shall we say, rather "well endowed", left me with a distinct feeling of inadequacy, and I had to explain to my wife of many years why I am not of a similar stature, and have been consistently unable to fulfill her over the years. In future please refrain from showing such filth before the watershed on the Lord's day, and if you must insist on doing so, please ensure the man in question is not hung like a baboon.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Wolfgang Puritz

==============================================================

I(dragon35666) worte

I am appalled at the descision by the comissioner of the BBC to allow a program to incorporate an elderly gentlemen wearing nothing but his birthday suit, cavorting around outside the chirch. I am at a loss as to why he was there becuase his appearance has nothing to do with the theme of the songs. My little girl was watching this edition of the show and seeing this man in all his glory has raised many questions that a child of 3 shouldn't be asking

=====================================================

After turning my TV on a few days ago when Songs of Praise happened to be on, I was rather shocked when I saw there was a naked man pre-watershed. Which caused some awkward questions at home with my younger sister. There didn't really seem a point to him just flaunting it about like that, with no attempted to cover, or censor him out. I also find it offensive, that being an Atheist my TV license is going to pay towards Songs of Praise, which to me, and a lot of my family seems to force religion down on us.

=====================================================

tazzi08 put this

i feel truely angered about how they do not remember the words. it seems to me that half them are miming! i also feel there is too much reference to ****ing Andrew sachs' granddaughter in the show. this sickens me. you should get a lovely couple like Jonathan Ross and Russel brand to present this show.

Archived