Can we all agree that a united group is a useful thing for us to work towards?

jambovambo

Can we all agree that a united group is a useful thing to work towards?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Can we all agree that a united group is a useful thing to work towards?

• Yes
    • No

I do think a new vehicle is required though ... something new, fresh, with new ideas and ideals ...

Wonder if Obama is a Jambo ?

He's only one letter out, must be a jambo.

I know, you wouldn't think we were all Hearts fan would you? I meant to say In my last post I was talking about evolving the Fans Forum which Jamboelite was referring to. I don't know how many people belonging to that who would have a problem with it being revamped as it sounded to me from the previous posts that it was not really active at the moment and maybe needed fresh ideas itself.

Also just to add that although there appears to be some resistance I think there would need to be a time where all the different groups try to come together and at least work together - infighting between the fan organizations will not help to achieve anything with the club. If fans can't organize themselves without fighting how can we expect the club to take us or our points seriously?

There was - it was called 'Save Our Hearts'.

The FF would appear to be a ready-made vehicle for an umbrella organisation - isn't that what it already is? There appears to be resistance from one or two individuals to even considering that route though - don't know why?

There was - it was called 'Save Our Hearts'.

The FF would appear to be a ready-made vehicle for an umbrella organisation - isn't that what it already is? There appears to be resistance from one or two individuals to even considering that route though - don't know why?

OK Iain - will you resurrect SOH then please ? That is the one you were in, yes ?

The FF - sounds good - let's do it ...

When do we (you) start ?

OK Iain - will you resurrect SOH then please ? That is the one you were in, yes ?

The FF - sounds good - let's do it ...

When do we (you) start ?

I don't think (technically) SOH ever disbanded. ;)

As it was an amalgamation between the HoMST and the FHSC, which eventually led to a takeover of the Fans Forum, you could argue that the majority fans groups were 'united' for a clearly defined cause - getting rid of the then CEO and trying to keep Hearts in Gorgie. I'm pretty sure the HMSA backed SOH too.

Unfortunately, that particular campaign took over our lives for a while and that's probably why you don't have anyone from these days desperate to get back involved. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear but I think that's the reality.

To answer your last point, I won't be starting anything as I have absolutely no desire to hold any official position in any supporter's group at all.

I don't think (technically) SOH ever disbanded. ;)

As it was an amalgamation between the HoMST and the FHSC, which eventually led to a takeover of the Fans Forum, you could argue that the majority fans groups were 'united' for a clearly defined cause - getting rid of the then CEO and trying to keep Hearts in Gorgie. I'm pretty sure the HMSA backed SOH too.

Unfortunately, that particular campaign took over our lives for a while and that's probably why you don't have anyone from these days desperate to get back involved. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear but I think that's the reality.

To answer your last point, I won't be starting anything as I have absolutely no desire to hold any official position in any supporter's group at all.

your welcome to hold the kitty money

your welcome to hold the kitty money

Ha ha, don't think it would be that much and you'd have converted it into Euros by now anyway.

Cue the Colonel on his soap box.

To agree with what iainmac is saying...the SOH campaign took over our lives. Great strains on domestics and friendships left many people completely exhausted. As a result many active and dedicated people have retreated from 'organisational activity ' and have gone back to following the team on a purely football basis. This is what happened in previous campaigns and is inevitable. I posted last night to indicate that a proposal to unite was muted but didn't really get anywhere. In fact part of the proposal which may have stopped it in its tracks was to abandon the existing organisations and create a new one. I am still of the opinion that that may be the best option. If this is an option that the majority seek it needs a new impetus of people who are prepared to put a lot of work in.

Like Iainmac I've got no interest in doing anything about it as I am happy? being a disenchanted jambo but would happily be a member of a larger supporter focused association.

Martin

Harry Kinnear

Thoughtful posts here and I can understand the burn out effect on those involved in SOH and the caution about setting up a new organisation, there are are diverse range of views expressed on JKB, so a Totally United Front of Hearts Fans is possibly a utopian dream. However there is now I would imagine a level of disenchantment across all supporter organisations, surely this is what unites us and is a starting point for a broad coalition of the disgruntled.

Thoughtful posts here and I can understand the burn out effect on those involved in SOH and the caution about setting up a new organisation, there are are diverse range of views expressed on JKB, so a Totally United Front of Hearts Fans is possibly a utopian dream. However there is now I would imagine a level of disenchantment across all supporter organisations, surely this is what unites us and is a starting point for a broad coalition of the disgruntled.

Sound words, as usual, HK ... we need to work on the snappiness of the title tho' !

The main thing is ... doing and saying nothing and just letting the future unfold before our eyes (and I fear it won't be pretty) doesn't feel like a good option ...

Archived