Aye Right Lex

Tom Heaney

If this ever happens then we all know who the first whipping boys would be and more importantly who it wouldn't be

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/11/04/spl-threaten-to-dock-points-from-clubs-if-fans-continue-mindless-hate-chants-86908-20868168/

Exactly Tom, these people are all mouth.

They do not have the balls to dock any of the OF points due to the repurcussions it would cause through in the West.

Can you imagine docking say "ra cellick" 3 points and they go on to loose the league by 2 points, aye right Lex!

surprised he even came out from his hiding place and mustered up enough courage to say anything at all.

the football 'authorities' in this country are paper tigers. sorry to use mixed metaphors but their bark is worse than the bite, except of course if it ever comes to taking a bite out of our ass. then there will be nothing to worry about for them and they will bite away with relish.

surprised he even came out from his hiding place and mustered up enough courage to say anything at all.

the football 'authorities' in this country are paper tigers. sorry to use mixed metaphors but their bark is worse than the bite, except of course if it ever comes to taking a bite out of our ass. then there will be nothing to worry about for them and they will bite away with relish.

Nae broon sauce ? :eek:

Chad Sexington

Seeing as the SPL is only in existence to service the old firms needs, the idea of them being docked points is laughable.

This is totally empty rhetoric.

portobellojambo1

Quote - "A section of Celtic fans belted out sectarian tunes at Hearts on Sunday".

While the SPL are giving consideration to taking points off clubs (and I doubt Celtic and Rangers wll be their targets) maybe Lothian and Borders Police chiefs should consider withholding the wages of the persons they put inside the ground who were unwilling to deal with the situation.

If all police forces took the same attitude as L & B, i.e. "there is nothing we can do they are all singing" the problems are only going to get worse, as logic would suggest all should join in as a means of protection.

Quote - "A section of Celtic fans belted out sectarian tunes at Hearts on Sunday".

While the SPL are giving consideration to taking points off clubs (and I doubt Celtic and Rangers wll be their targets) maybe Lothian and Borders Police chiefs should consider withholding the wages of the persons they put inside the ground who were unwilling to deal with the situation.

If all police forces took the same attitude as L & B, i.e. "there is nothing we can do they are all singing" the problems are only going to get worse, as logic would suggest all should join in as a means of protection.

How many of that mob appear to stand for the whole match ?.............that results in an almost instant ejection from Darkhead if I'm not mistaken :mad:

A section?????????? it sounded like the whole end to me.

I think the media should stop colluding with this nonsense.

They should name and shame sectarianism as and when it happens.

So if we're getting the "Oo Ah Up the Ra" as we did on Sunday, the commentator should point this out, and stop talking about football. Then when people (managers and players) are getting their post-match interviews they should be ask to comment about this before anything to do with the game. WGS gets asked to comment on the pro-IRA slogans, and has to deal with that before he gets his thoughts in about the forthcoming champions league debacle.

Then Richard Gordon and his mates should chat away about another disgraceful performance from the fans.

I was mildly amused on the way home on Sunday listening to BBC lads going on about Celtic's next game, what a great atmosphere there will be, what fantastic fans, but with no thought to the irony of the atmosphere they had just witnessed.

Similarly press reports would focus on the fans' nonsense and ignore the football until the fans learn to behave.

Of course, if they did this kind of thing (refused to turn a deaf ear or a blind eye) they would get slaughtered by Kickbackers accusing them of being nothing but PC sweetie-paper rustlers.

I think the media should stop colluding with this nonsense.

They should name and shame sectarianism as and when it happens.

So if we're getting the "Oo Ah Up the Ra" as we did on Sunday, the commentator should point this out, and stop talking about football. Then when people (managers and players) are getting their post-match interviews they should be ask to comment about this before anything to do with the game. WGS gets asked to comment on the pro-IRA slogans, and has to deal with that before he gets his thoughts in about the forthcoming champions league debacle.

Then Richard Gordon and his mates should chat away about another disgraceful performance from the fans.

I was mildly amused on the way home on Sunday listening to BBC lads going on about Celtic's next game, what a great atmosphere there will be, what fantastic fans, but with no thought to the irony of the atmosphere they had just witnessed.

Similarly press reports would focus on the fans' nonsense and ignore the football until the fans learn to behave.

Of course, if they did this kind of thing (refused to turn a deaf ear or a blind eye) they would get slaughtered by Kickbackers accusing them of being nothing but PC sweetie-paper rustlers.

Never ever gonna happen and nor should it. Players/Managers aint the ones singing it, sure it may highlight it, but its only gonna highglight it for 1 week as managers/players would soon just stop agreeing to talk after a game

Never ever gonna happen and nor should it. Players/Managers aint the ones singing it, sure it may highlight it, but its only gonna highglight it for 1 week as managers/players would soon just stop agreeing to talk after a game

I agree, it's never going to happen, but it should. Why not? If we seriously want to deal with sectarianism, that involves everyone connected with the game. Pundits and managers are keen to spout all kinds of stuff day in day out, they've got hours and acres of silence/white space to fill, but they almost never tackle this. If managers/players are not prepared to talk about what is happening in front of them their opinions are not worth anything. You cannot possibly manage an OF team and not have an opinion about all this stuff. They're happy to go along with the "best fans in the world" stuff, so they shouldn't be allowed to hide away from the more controversial bits.

In the past few days we've had comments from David Murray (ludicrous though it was, from all reports, haven't read it myself to be fair) and now Lex Gold about sectarianism. All I'm saying is that the people who do most of the talking about Scottish football (pundits, managers and coaches) should maybe talk about this if it's so important.

But, again, you're right. It won't happen. They'd rather not upset their fans, and petty sectarianism will continue to disfigure our game.

The People's Chimp
If this ever happens then we all know who the first whipping boys would be and more importantly who it wouldn't be

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/11/04/spl-threaten-to-dock-points-from-clubs-if-fans-continue-mindless-hate-chants-86908-20868168/

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the backdoor route through which the bigot brothers are able to impose their 5% levvy on us and the other spl clubs?

"sellick football club cannot be responsible for the minority of away fans who sung these songs as they were sold the tickets by hearts."

"the august institution of rangers football club cannot be held reponsible for a small minority of away fans singing these songs when they were sold the tickets by hibs."

I think you might find the SPL will wait until both teams are well clear of the rest and deduct 3points from both. The 3points will not matter a jot then but they will be seen to have done something.

Then they will find it easier to hit the rest of us.

The People's Chimp

Indeed. They'll come out and say we've been sailing too close to the wind for sometime now and any minor incident will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

the kings dad

The irony of the whole issue is that on Saturday the GFA made a big show of showing racism the red card ,with announcements over the tannoy and both sets of players brandishing their wee red cards

Then we are subjected to almost 90 minutes of anti british bilge from one end of the ground

Will the GFA now make a big show of showing our Glasgow guests the red card ???????

What? One interesting tournament a year that loads of people wave Union flags at?

Well that would be great.

No.

It'll Be Line judges video refs and the fans won't be able too say something till the ball goes outta play.

you won't be able too sneeze or cough.

itsnomarooned
Well that would be great.

No.

It'll Be Line judges video refs and the fans won't be able too say something till the ball goes outta play.

you won't be able too sneeze or cough.

I, for one, would be all for that. Some Jackanapes almost knocked the Pimms out of my hand on Sunday !!:mad:

How many of that mob appear to stand for the whole match ?.............that results in an almost instant ejection from Darkhead if I'm not mistaken :mad:

That's a stewarding issue;)

Archived