Could we be witnessing a player power protest?

richierich

Firstly it just my own thoughts, no sources or told by anyone, and not for any sinister reasons like non wages payment etc,

I was thinking more along the lines of the players perhaps do not like the 4-5-1 system and as it stands are performing under par as a kind of work to rule or something like that, I believe the players are capable of so much more than they are giving presently, could a scenario like this be the reason we are not seeing the best of the players just now,

could a formation change make a difference and lift the players or are they really this bad just now?

Firstly it just my own thoughts, no sources or told by anyone, and not for any sinister reasons like non wages payment etc,

I was thinking more along the lines of the players perhaps do not like the 4-5-1 system and as it stands are performing under par as a kind of work to rule or something like that, I believe the players are capable of so much more than they are giving presently, could a scenario like this be the reason we are not seeing the best of the players just now,

could a formation change make a difference and lift the players or are they really this bad just now?

no... sheer fantasy.

Chad Sexington

When we played 4-4-2 against Killie we were absolutely honking as well.

So I'm afraid your theory is fatally flawed.

rudi must stay

we just went into the game with the wrong attitude imo. We didn't think we could win. didn't really help at the end that Csaba admitted they are a better team than us

I think players would be more likley to tell the manager they did not like the system or they wanted to change the system rather than actually under perform on purpose.

If they did that then they would be putting themselves in a position whereby the club could sack them without compensation.

They pick up their disgracefully inflated wages and that's the end of it for them.

They're probably having a right good laugh at us plebs who follow every week as they're throwing back their George Street cocktails. :mad:

Guest gorgie kev

Cue back page spread from the ginger scroat in the evening hobo tomorrow.

players have been protesting against number 26 playing in the team. we will step up to the mark now he is suspended ;)

a group of players organising to stage some kind of half-assed revolt over an unwanted tactical formation would seem to imply a deeply held concern for the fortunes of the club.

that is something they are constantly accused of NOT having.

therefore, sheer fantasy.

Chance would be a fine thing, you may be right but I tend to think we are just crap.

We have some fairly average players with some really crap players and one or two half decent ones that try but unfortunately most of them could not give a ****.

Oh how I would love to have a team of British style players who would at least show a bit of passion playing for our team and when we lose to teams like Celtic at least it would not be for the lack of trying.

Good lord.

You really think that professional players would damage thier own careers by going out and deliberately play poorly to make a point?

Exactly. Why are people treating 4-4-2 as some wonderful formation that guarantees success?

Do you know why we're crap? Because our best player is a 21 year old winger who has problems with crossing and finishing.

Good lord.

You really think that professional players would damage thier own careers by going out and deliberately play poorly to make a point?

Happened at Falkirk in the late '80's / early '90s - 6-0 defeat at Brockville led to Joe Jordan getting the bullet the very next day.

Sadly, I think the problem with some of our current squad is that they are invertebrates.

He Who Cannot Be Named
Good lord.

Larry Kingston? Rudi Skacel?

Happened at Falkirk in the late '80's / early '90s - 6-0 defeat at Brockville led to Joe Jordan getting the bullet the very next day.

Sadly, I think the problem with some of our current squad is that they are invertebrates.

They simply arent very good.

Lets not confuse that with anything else.

They simply arent very good.

Lets not confuse that with anything else.

I don't think I did.

I merely pointed out that there has been a precedent for the OPs theory.

Good lord.

Of course they would. I am not saying this is the case with us but IMO players would happily play poorly to get their way.

Charlie-Brown
Of course they would. I am not saying this is the case with us but IMO players would happily play poorly to get their way.

Anyody who witnessed the 6-0 drubbing at Brockville will realise that many of our heroes cheated the fans and club that day to get Jordan removed as manager unless anybody really believes that stranded at the bottom of the SPL Falkirk were really so vastly superior to us and in a false position.

However I don't think that is the case this season...with the group of players we have our form will be a bit up & down in my opinion.

Only some Iain - most of them I would say!

We never played 4-4-2 against Killie. We played one up front (Tullberg) with Mole in the run around like a headless chicken giving away free kicks on the edge of your own box role.

Zaliukas Is Keeping The Spirit Level Down.

His Lack Of Understanding At Training And His Attitude Towards Training Are Another Factor. He Brings The Dressing Room Down With Him.

He Is Our Main Problem.

team for st.mirren

Balogh

Jonsson

Berra

Karipidis

Wallace

Driver

Stewart

Aguiar

Palazuelos

Cesnauskis