poppy appeal outside tynecastle

winston churchill

winston churchill

sorry but i don't know if this has been posted yet.

i just had that real radio phone in driving back from work.

there was a hearts fan on who was going mental.he said that servicemen collecting for the poppy appeal outside the ground,were verbally abused by the best fans in the world.

i heard about this yesterday. the cretins that did this, and there were witnesses who post on this forum, so it did happen, are utter lowlife pigs

there was a hearts fan on who was going mental.he said that servicemen collecting for the poppy appeal outside the ground,were verbally abused by the best fans in the world.

I think there was some discussion of this on a thread yesterday.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if it were true.

As I said yesterday, yes condemn the culprits i.e the individuals but sorry blaming celtic fans and the club as a whole for the actions of 2 or 3 fans they have no control over is pathetic.

Its like them claiming all hearts are **** because of the idiots in N who thought singing about a players relative who died of cancer was funny.

Yes condemn the individuals, yes condemn the club for the sectarian singing encouraged by their culture, but lets not try and act superior re the actions of a few individuals which Im sure most celtic fans would condemn and happily help the culprits be caught

winston churchill

this just gets better.

there's now a weegie on saying, it's hearts fault for selling tickets direct to sellik fans:eek:.

he's saying there was far more over from ireland than usual.

this just gets better.

there's now a weegie on saying, it's hearts fault for selling tickets direct to sellik fans:eek:.

he's saying there was far more over from ireland than usual.

There argument is that many people banned by celtic were sold tickets, if true then yes it needs looked at.

Wouldnt surprise me in the least tbh.

I am glad somebody brought this up i was waiting outside the tynie arms about 1 before the game and a car full of celtic fans drove by and one tw@t shouted you can shove your poppy apeal up your arse to the 2 sellers outside. I was fuming and can`t believe these idiots would sink this low. What is there problem with these service men who have fought and are still fighting for our countrys freedom. It says it all about these irish loving Tw@ts. Do they think Hitler would have been good for there adopted country.Time to book the royal navy to sail down the clyde and pick up these **** bags and drop them off in there beloved Ireland.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

There argument is that many people banned by celtic were sold tickets, if true then yes it needs looked at.

Can't recall reading anywhere in the last thirty years celtic fc banning any never mind many of their "people"!!! :107years:

strange, applications were only meant to be accepted from celtic season ticket holders.

john brownlee

will the GFA never learn why oh why have these low lifes at Tynecastle in early November,

It will be the same pond dwellers that phissed and kick the poppies around Haymarket a few years ago

Are the GFA doing it deliberate just like the infamous popegate, A well staged event to take the heat off the bigot brothers

One question that should be asked of Celtic is why do their managers never wear poppies? Why is Celtic Park the only ground in Scotland that doesnt sell Poppies? What would happen if troops were paraded like they were at Ibrox? These people are ****. Pure and simple.

One question that should be asked of Celtic is why do their managers never wear poppies? Why is Celtic Park the only ground in Scotland that doesnt sell Poppies? What would happen if troops were paraded like they were at Ibrox? These people are ****. Pure and simple.

not the manager, i know....but, neil lennon was wearing a poppy yesterday.

Because there are too many brain dead idiots in the Sellick support who despise anything that even comes near to being associated with Britain. The Sellick board can't be seen to offend them in case it hurts the biscuit tin.

When I heard about this yesterday I was actually contemplating penning a letter to Gordon Brown tonight asking him to declare war on Ireland and once and for all we'd sort this out. My blood boils as we speak.

Really? For some reason that genuially surprises me. Well fair play to Lennon if its true

Chad Sexington
Because there are too many brain dead idiots in the Sellick support who despise anything that even comes near to being associated with Britain. The Sellick board can't be seen to offend them in case it hurts the biscuit tin.

Spot on mate.

I wish the whole rancid institution that is Celtic FC would feck off over to Ireland.

I feckin hate them. :mad:

Spot on mate.

I wish the whole rancid institution that is Celtic FC would feck off over to Ireland.

You're not the only one, they are the lowest of the low.

Spot on mate.

Here fecking here.

Parasites.

don,t think he was.he was wearing a red anti-racism badge on his tracksuit.

suzie_preston
strange, applications were only meant to be accepted from celtic season ticket holders.

There was Celtic fans in the ticket office buying tickets when we were in yesterday and the women at the counter just told them to watch themselves, there was Celtic fans in the Upper Mainstand wearing their scaves?

It's going back to how it was few years ago, when I a season ticket holder for many years was put out of the stand because I asked the steward to put them out, I was told by the then supervisor that so long as they had a valid ticket they could stay?

When I offered to do his job for him I was not so politely told to leave.

Hearts are so spineless they will just take the money, could you see us getting away with that at Parkhead?

I'd like to see a return to 50s / 60s style policing for anyone who uttered that on British soil. A night in the cells, involving several nasty 'falls' :rolleyes: ,and an early appearance in the court charged with breach of the peace

Absolute baws mate! It might've looked like one from a distance but it was actually a sticker with the anti sectarian statement similiar to the leaflets the players held up before the game. Hypocracy at it's best!

There wasn't a poppy to be seen on the away bench yesterday which doesn't surprise me in the slightest!

don,t think he was.he was wearing a red anti-racism badge on his tracksuit.

Absolute baws mate! It might've looked like one from a distance but it was actually a sticker with the anti sectarian statement similiar to the leaflets the players held up before the game. Hypocracy at it's best!

There wasn't a poppy to be seen on the away bench yesterday which doesn't surprise me in the slightest!

i stand corrected guys, apologies for even thinking one of the unacceptable faces of celtic fc had any decencey...... lesson learnt.

Beat me to it!

just whack one of the horrible ira loving runts in the dish in midweek and then stick a poppy in his eye

They were talking a lot about the banner in Section G...what did it actually say?

Something about Large John being aware.

just whack one of the horrible ira loving runts in the dish in midweek and then stick a poppy in his eye

Looking forward to it. Hopefully the "Men in Black" won't take too kindly to their IRA bile. After all, they did blow up their city!

Looking forward to it. Hopefully the "Men in Black" won't take too kindly to their IRA bile. After all, they did blow up their city!

im looking for the poppy in the eye count to be at least double figures by tea time.

Sure this won't go down well but...

Are any of those condeming Celtic management/ players for not wearing poppies and the fans for abusing soldiers the same people who said Hearts fans had the right to disrupt the minute silence for the pope because they didn't like the Catholic Church as an institution? Why is it ok to show disapproval of the Catholic Church but not of the British Army?

Our First Minister at the time said "THERE IS NO PLACE FOR RELIGION IN FOOTBALL" yet the GFA want to honour a guy whose beliefs have caused millions to die and be infected with HIV due to there stance on contraception, his so called men of the cloth were also beasting boys all over the world yet it was attempted to hush it up, if these are not 3 good reasons not honour a minutes silence, tell me what are.

Should we have a min silence for Dictators, supporters of paedos, head of Nestle etc at football games also

The army wether we agree it or not, do the bidding of our democratically elected Government, they do what we would not want to, but feel a need to do for ours and others safety, that is why we honour them

Are any of those condeming Celtic management/ players for not wearing poppies and the fans for abusing soldiers the same people who said Hearts fans had the right to disrupt the minute silence for the pope because they didn't like the Catholic Church as an institution? Why is it ok to show disapproval of the Catholic Church but not of the British Army?

Since you are the one who brought up Catholicism on this thread, perhaps you should expand on your own opinion?

eddie fenwick

because the kaflic church has sod all to do with football and before you ask what the british army has to do with football one word MACRAES

What's your point caller? What's the pope got to do with it?

What these uneducated, ignorant inbreds fail to recognise is that there were many Irish soldiers killed in the Great War as well as our own.

Since you are the one who brought up Catholicism on this thread, perhaps you should expand on your own opinion?

I think that the Catholic Church has done a huge amount of damage in a large number of ways right across the world. I defend the right of Hearts fans to show their disapproval if they so wish (although I suspect a large proportion had the primary goal of winding up the Celtic fans).

I think there are a great number of good reasons why people might choose to show disapproval of the British Army. I defend the right of those people to do so (although I suspect that there is a high chance those involved in this incident on Sunday had the primary goal of winding up Hearts fans). I also defend the right of the Celtic management/ players to (along with millions of others around the country) not wear a poppy.

What's your point caller? What's the pope got to do with it?

What these uneducated, ignorant inbreds fail to recognise is that there were many Irish soldiers killed in the Great War as well as our own.

My point is there are a lot of hypocrites on this board who like freedom of expression but only when applied to them. In my opinion anyone who can not accept that some people have legitimate grievances with the British Army is uneducated.

I think that the Catholic Church has done a huge amount of damage in a large number of ways right across the world. I defend the right of Hearts fans to show their disapproval if they so wish (although I suspect a large proportion had the primary goal of winding up the Celtic fans).

I think there are a great number of good reasons why people might choose to show disapproval of the British Army. I defend the right of those people to do so (although I suspect that there is a high chance those involved in this incident on Sunday had the primary goal of winding up Hearts fans). I also defend the right of the Celtic management/ players to (along with millions of others around the country) not wear a poppy.

OK, so we've cleared it up. You defend the right of Hearts fans not to observe a minute's silence for the dead leader of a religious organisation, and you defend the right of Celtic fans to verbally abuse members of the British Army who are collecting money for charity.

I've not seen one person in the media spotlight not wearing a poppy apart from the Celtic mhanks on Sunday. Are you condoning Gordon Strapon and his cronies for dissaproving of the poppy appeal? Fair enough their bile ridden supporters, but their management and all those connected with Celicfootballclub? It's an institution that's rotten to the core. And we wonder why it continues.

My point is there are a lot of hypocrites on this board who like freedom of expression but only when applied to them. In my opinion anyone who can not accept that some people have legitimate grievances with the British Army is uneducated.

So are you saying the Celtic bench have grievances with the British army...or are they just towing the party line?

OK, so we've cleared it up. You defend the right of Hearts fans not to observe a minute's silence for the dead leader of a religious organisation, and you defend the right of Celtic fans to verbally abuse members of the British Army who are collecting money for charity.

Yup you got it. I go out collecting for chairty on the street as well. I get abused by people who don't agree with my charity and I deal with it. I suspect the soldiers probably will as well.

I'm afraid if as a charity you link yourself to a political organisation then you open yourself up to people who don't like that political organisation making their views known to you.

Yup you got it. I go out collecting for chairty on the street as well. I get abused by people who don't agree with my charity and I deal with it. I suspect the soldiers probably will as well.

I'm afraid if as a charity you link yourself to a political organisation then you open yourself up to people who don't like that political organisation making their views known to you.

Fair enough. Is the British Army a political organisation?

So are you saying the Celtic bench have grievances with the British army...or are they just towing the party line?

I have no idea. But I'm fairly certain that the majority of people in my office who are not wearing poppies have no grievance with the British Army. When referring to grievances I was referring to those who actively abused the soldiers. No one should feel forced into supporting a particular charity and certainly not in to displaying that publiclly and especially not if that charity is linked to a political organisation. Obviously the same is true in reverse and they should not be made to feel that they can not display their support by their employers or customers.

I've not seen one person in the media spotlight not wearing a poppy apart from the Celtic mhanks on Sunday. Are you condoning Gordon Strapon and his cronies for dissaproving of the poppy appeal? Fair enough their bile ridden supporters, but their management and all those connected with Celicfootballclub? It's an institution that's rotten to the core. And we wonder why it continues.

They are total filth. How anyone can think the sun shines oot their erses is beyond me.

Archived