Do we actually want him back?

hearts_crazy

Do we want that useless lump of wood back?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do we want that useless lump of wood back?

• Yes
    • No

Calum Elliot - it seems every time he scores a goal for Livingston we get a bring Elliot back thread popping up. The guy has scored 7 goals this season, yes BUT, let's get real here, it's the First Division, I could score 7 goals in the First Division, it is a crap league as is usually proven by the peshy teams that get promoted from it. He has had dozens of chances to cut it in the SPL with us and with Murderwell and found wanting on every single occasion. First Division is clearly his level. I think he should stay put and persuade his buddy, the equally garbage Jamie Mole to follow suit.

So i'll start this poll off with a resounding NEVER - carry on the motion if you care to do so.

I do want Velicka back though.

I don't want him back, but you're going overboard on the first division. It's of a decent standard, obviously lower than the SPL but now as low as you're making out.

Charlie-Brown

Since when did fans pick the team? Surely it's up to the manager to decide whether he wants him back or is that too simple? maybe Walter Smith should have polled Rangers fans about Kenny Miller?

In keeping with the shambles of the last couple of years I suspect he will be back in a maroon shirt, mincing about, being booked and scoring hee haw goals come January. Maybe we will even see him and Moley up front at the same time, oh the joy.

MackaysCentreSpot

How many more times is this going to come up.

He has found his level and if Hearts and Livi have any sense they will make the move permanent in Jan.

Is that 7 goals more than Mole scored in a season and a half down there??

IMO if a striker played for a 1st division club for a season and scored, say, 20 goals, we'd have been quite chuffed to sign such a player in the past.

I'd say, see if he keeps this going, then welcome him back with a clean slate

Charlie-Brown
Is that 7 goals more than Mole scored in a season and a half down there??

IMO if a striker played for a 1st division club for a season and scored, say, 20 goals, we'd have been quite chuffed to sign such a player in the past.

I'd say, see if he keeps this going, then welcome him back with a clean slate

Judging by the comments on this thread and the other one the other day there is very little chance of some of our 'supporters' ever accepting Clum back no matter what he does or how many goals he scores at Livingston.

I think that he is a better player than Ksnavicius.

So unless there are funds to bring in a better player than Elliot in the window I would replace Ksnavicius (back to Kaunas) with Elliot.

Judging by the comments on this thread and the other one the other day there is very little chance of some of our 'supporters' ever accepting Clum back no matter what he does or how many goals he scores at Livingston.

Correct. He is the playing equivalant of Romanov.

Drylaw Hearts

If we are not able to sign another striker in January then Yes I'd rather have him than Mole or Makela.

Hell I'd welcome Bennyuseless back over those 2 !!!!

The question I keep asking is has he found his level or is it simply better coaching and giving teh lad some confidence back?

Not sure but too many people forget he looked like he might have something before it all went Pete Tong in 06

i never thought i would say it but perhaps it would be handy to have him back, but only if he's lost the billy-big-baws attitude and is willing to work himself silly to become the best player he can possibly be.

then again, if he does come back i suppose it makes it less likely we will source another striker.

so no then, maybe.

I don't think theres any point in him coming back tbh.

He is a more useful player than some we have in our squad but the fans will be on his back and he'll never be able to get some back onside so its best he moves on.

best if he moves on.

Hes enjoying his football and he is just as bad as the rest of our forwards. No point in bringing him back at all.

He is gash.

I don't think theres any point in him coming back tbh.

He is a more useful player than some we have in our squad but the fans will be on his back and he'll never be able to get some back onside so its best he moves on.

Don't think the fans would be on his back if he was buckling down and scoring goals. Most people have to mature at some stage, both personally and as players, and maybe this is happening to him now at Livingston.

I thought he was a disgrace last season, and after the Killie game at Tynecastle I'd have been happy never to see him in maroon again. But as others have said, he's more likely to score than Mole and he's a better player than Makela. If we sign a striker in January, maybe we don't need him, but I don't reckon the next window will be any better than the last few, in which case we'll need him.

I still don't know what happened to the talent and skill that he showed in that shimmering 45 minutes against Celtic.

Since when did fans pick the team? Surely it's up to the manager to decide whether he wants him back or is that too simple? maybe Walter Smith should have polled Rangers fans about Kenny Miller?

That's a bizarre post. What do you think that discussion boards are for, Charlie?

Captain Price

he is a striker, which we NEED SO BADLY!

but i would rather eat my left testicle than get him back!

Calum Elliot - it seems every time he scores a goal for Livingston we get a bring Elliot back thread popping up. The guy has scored 7 goals this season, yes BUT, let's get real here, it's the First Division, I could score 7 goals in the First Division, it is a crap league as is usually proven by the peshy teams that get promoted from it. He has had dozens of chances to cut it in the SPL with us and with Murderwell and found wanting on every single occasion. First Division is clearly his level. I think he should stay put and persuade his buddy, the equally garbage Jamie Mole to follow suit.

So i'll start this poll off with a resounding NEVER - carry on the motion if you care to do so.

I do want Velicka back though.

Elliot has found his level, 1st division

If we are not able to sign another striker in January then Yes I'd rather have him than Mole or Makela.

Hell I'd welcome Bennyuseless back over those 2 !!!!

i dont want him back at the club but then again i dont really want Mole, Makela or the rest of them either but what can we do?

maybe he should be given another last chance, what have we got to lose?

Its quite sad really as so many on here want Elliott to fail just to prove their point.

elliott should stay at Livi all season, if he hits more than 15 goals he deserves one final chance.

That aside I think a previous poster has it in one, why the hell would elliott want to come back to hearts and continue to be treated as he was previously and seems to continue to be.

As poor as his form was at time, the treatment of elliott was disgusting, by the end he was even being physically abused by our own fans in edinburgh.

dont think I or anyone else in his shoes would be in a rush back

I think his attitude is terrible and his ability is not much improvement on that.

Rather Gary Glenn given a sustained run.

If you had ever told me last season that I would be excited about the possibility of seeing (say) Elliot and Nade up front together, I'd have laughed.

But that's the stage we're at. We're desperate. I don't think January is going to see money spent on strikers - not the kind of money it would take, anyway.

His attitude was terrible, certainly. But that can change. I'd be interested to hear from anyone in the know at Livingston about his current attitude and application. Maybe he'll be a Billy-big-boots all his days - I don't know. And his ability? It was there, however fleetingly. He could play, even if his form did disappear down the drain that swallows most form or promise at this club currently. It must be possible for someone to tap in to that ability again.

Archived