Red Card Offside?

chuck677

Charlie-Brown

Yes but it wasn't given and neither the ref, linesman nor fourth official sought to correct the initial 'mistake' unlike last week......

Guest JamboRobbo

sshhhh. I think we should keep this one quiet.

We all know the SFA are out to get us.

We should be careful not to give the SFA the chance to put the boot in to HMFC by rescinding the red card.

We should be careful not to give the SFA the chance to put the boot in to HMFC by rescinding the red card.

No chance of that happening. Mulgrew didn't get his red card recinded when an offiside decision should have been given against hibs.

Guest JamboRobbo
No chance of that happening. Mulgrew didn't get his red card recinded when an offiside should have been given against hibs.

This is the SFA we are talking about. They'll do anything to get at HMFC. I wouldn't put it past them to rescind Zaliukas red card just to spite us.

This is the SFA we are talking about. They'll do anything to get at HMFC. I wouldn't put it past them to rescind Zaliukas red card just to spite us.

Hope not!

The Old Tolbooth

It was deffo offside and outside the box, it should never have been a penalty kick, however the GFA could argue that they were trying to help us by increasing our chances of winning the game by sending off the hapless Zaliukas!

It's true though - fact is, with Romanov's stupid antics about SFA, press, etc etc, plus Miko's behaviour (Andy Davis / dive at Hampden), I do believe we will never get the rub of the green, and the benefit of the doubt ... possibly for many years.

We're not being paranoid to say they are out to get us.

Thanks Vlad.

Offside so technically no foul was comitted, and the 'foul' was of course outsdie the box. But I suppose you could say the same about our penalty in the 1998 Scottish Cup so ssshhhhhh. Anyway who cares, they missed the penalty anyway and we get the added bonus that Zaliukas is banned, that means our opponents don't get a goal of a start against us which can only be a good thing.

Forgetting the offside - what is the rule exactly regarding red cards in this situation, doesn't the defender have to be stopping a certain goalscoring opportunity? I think the keeper was always favourite to win the ball and that it wasn't a clear goalscoring opporchancity:o

givememychoice

im not certain that we played better...im certain that we didnt play any worse.

Also, my gut feeling (not seen any replays) was that with no impedence, the celtic player would have got to it. it was a silly foul, but IMO did deny a clear goal scoring opportunity and thus a red card.

Nice to know about the decisions though. 3 to be made, and two went against us.

And when scaled up to the match as a whole:

Their second goal involved a handball.

Did their players handle it at the free kick? (not seen a replay)

Offside for the pen.

A pen given when the foul was outside the box.

Dont get me wrong, we were poor and deserved to lose, but they dont need the officials help!

Was the red card incident offside?

No, it was Berra who headed the ball back and he wasn't offside when the goalie kicked it. The offence was ouside the box though and if the linesman was up with play he should have told the ref.

Dont get me wrong, we were poor and deserved to lose, but they dont need the officials help!

Tis the nature of the beast as far as both of the Old Squirm are concerned alas...

I think we suffered from mistakes rather than bias yesterday and deserved to lose.

Other than the handball goal (presumably unsighted) and the penalty and the Celtic handball in their own area he seemed quite even handed in awarding free-kicks and didn't book Miko for getting tackled.

Stewart was lucky not to be booked early on for a wild tackle.

I think we suffered from mistakes rather than bias yesterday and deserved to lose.

Other than the handball goal (presumably unsighted) and the penalty and the Celtic handball in their own area he seemed quite even handed in awarding free-kicks and didn't book Miko for getting tackled.

Stewart was lucky not to be booked early on for a wild tackle.

Did you mean to put one of these :sarcasm: in somewhere? Your second sentence is a list of 3 signifcant decisions which all went the way of Celtic.

(For what it's worth, I thought Celtic deserved to win, but these 3 decisions were a big help to them).

Yes but it wasn't given and neither the ref, linesman nor fourth official sought to correct the initial 'mistake' unlike last week......

So true m8 just typical tho aint it????

Who cares? Look on the bright side it means Zaliukas is automatically suspended for our next game.:)

Was the red card incident offside?

Exactly what I was thinking.

What are you guys on about? For once the refs were doing us a favour.

No chance of that happening. Mulgrew didn't get his red card recinded when an offiside decision should have been given against hibs.

the Mulgrew incident is possibly the most obvious and mind blowingly atrocious decisions that the SFA have ever upheld. I truly could not see the English FA allowing that red card to stand. Beggars belief it really does

Charlie-Brown
the Mulgrew incident is possibly the most obvious and mind blowingly atrocious decisions that the SFA have ever upheld. I truly could not see the English FA allowing that red card to stand. Beggars belief it really does

It is bad enough that referee's make mistaken decisions that are result changing however that in itself is understandable however the SFA stonewall all criticism of referee's and seldom if ever reverse any decisions or censure referee's no matter how bizarre or wrong their mistakes have been - and because of that they are actually undermining their own system and credibility even more - it seems as if as many high profile mistakes are made in the English Premiership but at least these are corrected or rescinded and sometimes the match officials censured or demoted for a few weeks or months.

Guest JamboRobbo
however the SFA stonewall all criticism of referee's and seldom if ever reverse any decisions or censure referee's no matter how bizarre or wrong their mistakes have been - and because of that they are actually undermining their own system and credibility even more

replace the SFA with Charlie-Brown, and replace referee's with Vlad, and the sentence makes a lot of sense.

portobellojambo1

My take on it was that he was onside, as the ball was played backwards off a Hearts player, and I have never watched it on the telly but my immediate thought at the game was it was a penalty (not as much of a penalty as the one that got turned down shortly afterwards, but a penalty).

Zaliukas deserved to get sent off, and if the SFA had any heart they would ban him sine die.

:)

My take on it was that he was onside, as the ball was played backwards off a Hearts player, and I have never watched it on the telly but my immediate thought at the game was it was a penalty (not as much of a penalty as the one that got turned down shortly afterwards, but a penalty).

Zaliukas deserved to get sent off, and if the SFA had any heart they would ban him sine die.

The ball was flicked on by Sheridan, thus making McDonald offside.

The foul should never have been given and it was not a red card as the keeper had the ball when McDonald was pulled down.

That coupled with the fact that the officials missed two handball incidents, one which led to their second goal and one which was a stonewall penalty from Aguiars freekick.

That said, we were completely out played in every department.

The ball was flicked on by Sheridan, thus making McDonald offside.

The foul should never have been given and it was not a red card as the keeper had the ball when McDonald was pulled down.

That coupled with the fact that the officials missed two handball incidents, one which led to their second goal and one which was a stonewall penalty from Aguiars freekick.

That said, we were completely out played in every department.

The ball was not flicked on by Sheridan, it was back headed by Berra. See the highlights on BBC, it is quite clear that Sheridan never touched it. The foul was outside the box. Blaming officials on Saturday is daft though as Celtic won in a canter.

The ball was not flicked on by Sheridan, it was back headed by Berra. See the highlights on BBC, it is quite clear that Sheridan never touched it. The foul was outside the box. Blaming officials on Saturday is daft though as Celtic won in a canter.

I just have watched it and I see Sheridan flicking it on, in any case, why would Berra flick a ball on?

I just have watched it and I see Sheridan flicking it on, in any case, why would Berra flick a ball on?

Nah, Sheridan goes up early but misses the ball and it slices of Berra's head through to McDoald. Berra obviosly doesn't mean to back header it. Berra's challenge in the air wasn't good enough.

Nah, Sheridan goes up early but misses the ball and it slices of Berra's head through to McDoald. Berra obviosly doesn't mean to back header it. Berra's challenge in the air wasn't good enough.

you are maybe right.... ;)

No, it was Berra who headed the ball back and he wasn't offside when the goalie kicked it. The offence was ouside the box though and if the linesman was up with play he should have told the ref.

Wrong on both counts.

I pointed offside as Boruc kicked it. Sheridan then headed on and McDonald never got back onside. I sit in N3 with a clear view of the whole move.

Wrong on both counts.

I pointed offside as Boruc kicked it. Sheridan then headed on and McDonald never got back onside. I sit in N3 with a clear view of the whole move.

Check on the BBC internet highlights and you will see that it clearly came off Berra not Sheridan. McDonald was not offside when Boruc kicked it from the ground. Last post on the matter. Not that important now so lets move on.

Check on the BBC internet highlights and you will see that it clearly came off Berra not Sheridan. McDonald was not offside when Boruc kicked it from the ground. Last post on the matter. Not that important now so lets move on.

Sorry JohnBoy but you have not got a clue.

I have checked the highlights, on the replay from Section F camera, it shows Mcdonald always offside before the Boruc kick. Sheridan clearly flicks it on (commentator says so too) then Zaliukas fouls a full yard outside the box.

The only thing you got right is that it's not important now, Zaliukas going to get suspended is good all round for me.

I honestly consider there's nothing worse than using any old excuse, or any old agenda, to vindicate either the total incompetence, or institutional bias, or both, of the majority of match officials in this two-horse little football country!!!

And as for blaming it on Miko etc., what has been the reason for it for the last 50 years I've been following Hearts?

Also sarcasm, far from being the lowest form of wit, actually has genuine comedic quality, unless, of course, it's practiced by a numb nut!!!

I have checked the highlights, on the replay from Section F camera, it shows Mcdonald always offside before the Boruc kick. Sheridan clearly flicks it on (commentator says so too) then Zaliukas fouls a full yard outside the box.

The only thing you got right is that it's not important now, Zaliukas going to get suspended is good all round for me.

The commentator may have said Sheridan headed the ball on but I stand by my statement that it was Berra the ball came off. I am away to double check the goalie's kick out.

I think it's you who needs your eyes checked. Just checked the internet highlights and the ball comes off Berra's head and McDonald doesn't move behind Zal till the ball is in the air. The only thing you got right is the foul was ouside the box.Look carefully now:)

I think it's you who needs your eyes checked. Just checked the internet highlights and the ball comes off Berra's head and McDonald doesn't move behind Zal till the ball is in the air. The only thing you got right is the foul was ouside the box.Look carefully now:)

Admit you got it wrong FFS. You are in a minority of 1 who thinks your way.

Admit you got it wrong FFS. You are in a minority of 1 who thinks your way.

Check swimmer above, he seems to agree. It's clear as day on my screen who the ball came off. If it's so important for you to win an argument maybe you can ask Christophe himself one day and he will clear it up. Don't see many people backing you up now on this one.

Archived