Vlads plan

123kid

I just dont get it.

What does he get out of this? Even if hes completely mental how can this be profitable or even fun for him?

I just dont get it.

What does he get out of this? Even if hes completely mental how can this be profitable or even fun for him?

He seems to have lost all interest.

The club is now waitng on a council decision (if it ever comes), and we'll see what happens after that.

But more than anything, I'd be delighted if someone bought Vlad out.

Buffalo Bill

When times were good, I think Hearts were Vlad's hobby. He is a supporter and we were a sideshow that didn't cost too much - relative to the rest of his wealth !!

Now that businesses all over the world are in trouble, I have no reason to believe that Vlad's empire is somehow immune. He will be spending every waking minute trying to keep the plates spinning.

I don't think that Hearts will figure in his top 100 list of things to do . . .

Drylaw Hearts
When times were good, I think Hearts were Vlad's hobby. He is a supporter and we were a sideshow that didn't cost too much - relative to the rest of his wealth !!

Now that businesses all over the world are in trouble, I have no reason to believe that Vlad's empire is somehow immune. He will be spending every waking minute trying to keep the plates spinning.

I don't think that Hearts will figure in his top 100 list of things to do . . .

He lost interest a long, long time before the current 'credit crunch'.

I'd say around about September 2006 in fact.

SoldierPalmer
He lost interest a long, long time before the current 'credit crunch'.

I'd say around about September 2006 in fact.

if that's the case - and I'm not saying it aint - why does he not cut his losses and sell - just doesn't make sense

He seems to have lost all interest.

The club is now waitng on a council decision (if it ever comes), and we'll see what happens after that.

But more than anything, I'd be delighted if someone bought Vlad out.

Buffalo Bill

The bit i dont get is....

If he has lost interest , why does he keep on picking the team;)

if that's the case - and I'm not saying it aint - why does he not cut his losses and sell - just doesn't make sense

The market isn't right. No-one would want to buy. There might be a pride in it as well - he had high pyramid-related plans and they haven't worked, but he'd rather not accept that. At the moment I think he's just put Hearts out of his mind, we're not losing him too much money at the moment, and is concentrating on other aspects of his empire.

The market isn't right. No-one would want to buy. There might be a pride in it as well - he had high pyramid-related plans and they haven't worked, but he'd rather not accept that. At the moment I think he's just put Hearts out of his mind, we're not losing him too much money at the moment, and is concentrating on other aspects of his empire.

Who'd buy a football club worth say, ?25M max (including stadium), that has a debt approaching ?40M.

Even the most devoted mega-rich fan would be crazy to take that on.

maroonlegions

STUBBORN, PIGHEADED, BECAUSE HE CAN.:cool:

Who'd buy a football club worth say, ?25M max (including stadium), that has a debt approaching ?40M.

Even the most devoted mega-rich fan would be crazy to take that on.

Thats the sad thing.

Lets just get used to it then

There is and never has been a plan.

There must have been some, even if its devious or maniacal, he must have had some reason to buy us.

TBH I'm not sure he IS picking the team now. The last few team selections just don't have the whiff of Vlad about them. Perhaps because there is no-one left worth showcasing ?

I think he is far too busy trying to salvage his empire to be bothered.

Plan?

What is this plan you speak of?

A plan suggests some coherent logic based principles, can't say Ive seen any of those for quite some time!

jack D and coke

Whatever the plan is a successful Hearts team isn't part of it.

I've no idea what he's getting out of this anymore.

I just dont get it.

We will find out in January if he is interested in getting us into europe next season or running us down.

Grumpy.

i thought the plan was to make huge bags of cash by showcasing lithuanian players, more even huger bags of cash by asset stripping, even more ginormous bags of cash by taking us into 'ad-minny-stray-shun' and selling the stadium and running away to live in a hollowed out volcano on a remote island in the south pacific to spend all day stroking a white cat and chucking people into a big pool full of piranhas.

is it not?

and selling the stadium and running away to live in a hollowed out volcano on a remote island in the south pacific to spend all day stroking a white cat and chucking people into a big pool full of piranhas.

is it not?

Mate, I d give you even money for that.

Hilarious image also, if it wasnt so tragically close to the truth.

Jam Tarts 1874

Oh dear, as usual no-one can see the need for Hearts to live according to their means. Serious question, how much more debt do you think Hearts should have?

I have had a good look into UBIG and UKIO Bankas, on the basis that both these organisations have improved their profits this year, I don't understand comments on this thread claiming that these companies are in trouble!

If a new owner were to come in, I would be pretty certain that they would be interested in reducing debt, reducing the spend on player wages and seeing if they can promote some of the youngsters as well as not selling cheaply the very few good players that we have. Hmmmmm, sounds like what is already going on to me anyway.

Jam Tarts 1874
We will find out in January if he is interested in getting us into europe next season or running us down.

Grumpy.

On the basis that Csaba has continually talked about top six being the target, I don't know where you get your notion that Romanov has "promised" qualifying for Europe from. :rolleyes:

On the basis that Csaba has continually talked about top six being the target, I don't know where you get your notion that Romanov has "promised" qualifying for Europe from. :rolleyes:

Do you not remember romanov saying we'd be playing regularly in the champions league by now. If that plan has now changed, I'm yet to hear romanov tell us.

Anybody know what price St Mirren are on Saturday?

C'mon Boaby, we can beat them without having to bribe them!

30 pieces of silver would probably do though...:rolleyes:

Anybody know what price St Mirren are on Saturday?

Coral have got them at 7/4 and Hearts 6/4. The draw is 12/5 with Skybet

Archived