4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1 Has it worked?

Gambo

Has the 4-4-1-1 /4-5-1 formation been a success this season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Has the 4-4-1-1 /4-5-1 formation been a success this season?

After the first round of results, in your opinion as a spectator, has the insistance of playing one up front been a success with the personel we have available?

Looking at the few chances created and the goals scored, I'd say no.

The problem is though, we don't have 1 decent striker on our books never mind 2 so we're as well playing a 'creative' player in the hole instead of starting another lump of wood up top (Mole/Makela etc)

Tyrion Lannister

This could be one the most one-sided polls ever.

With the quality of striker we have asking them to do the thankless task of being on their own for the whole ninety minutes, it is no wonder why by November our top scorer is like Michael Stewart with three goals or something ridiculous like that.

It is NOT working, and with the current players we have it will NEVER work.

4-4-2 Please.

Not changing the system after last year's disaster has been you guessed it a disaster.

Out of 1 of the 2 cups we can challenge for and 8th place sums it up. I think that the squad has been reduced in quality, and Laszlo is a poorer manager than Frail, but the positional system is one of the reasons why we have had such a poor first quarter.

[it seems awfull similar to the sort of formation the previous manager played with, with equal results, maybe its something in the Gorgie water that makes them think this way. It seems ironic to me we Bring in Csaba in as a saviour and the Man who takes his place in Uganda couldnt get a job anywhere in the SPL, that speaks for itself I would say. Never mind though were still on target for Vlads five year plan.

QUOTE=Euan_;599165]This could be one the most one-sided polls ever. With the quality of striker we have asking them to do the thankless task of being on their own for the whole ninety minutes, it is no wonder why by November our top scorer is like Michael Stewart with three goals or something ridiculous like that. It is NOT working, and with the current players we have will NEVER work. 4-4-2 Please.

The Mighty Thor

No it hasn't.

Not by any measure. The SPL table is the ultimate barometer of the success of our owner, his choice of manager and their (??) choice of starting 11 and formation/tactics.

Frankly how anyone could have thought that we would improve playing a brand of football so negative with deploying personnel out of position beggars belief.

Fail. Epic Fail.

We'll be doing the same next week...and the week after etc etc.

Look at Tynie today. That shower get a full end and there were huge numbers of empty seats all over the ground. That tells you the level of entertainment on offer. The fans don't love watching a collective of never will be's playing 4-5-1 at home. Fortress Tynecastle? Arf!

Mmmmm....no.

It didn't work when Shaggy used it and it still doesn't work now. As a fan I hate it.

And I hate the fact that for ages now we've had no-one in the dug out that seems to know how to alter the system when it is obviously failing.

No matter the opposition or the score or whether we are home or away we play 4-5-1, cos Csaba is the latest clueless puppet in a line of them since burley left. Csaba, Cervenuselessov and Korocockup OUT! Bring back Burley

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Maybe if Laszlo had his own players in mind when trying to adopt this formation. But he has to make do with what he has.

But for a club like Hearts anything less than 2 up front has to have a damn good chance of working as it goes against the ethos of how traditionally Heart of Midlothian Football Club sets it self out, i.e. to win matches.

Laszlo is just the latest patsy in a failed and disinterested regime.

The league is so tight but that also means that relegation is possible for anyone outside the top 2.

We are not immune to that threat.

What annoys me is that when Csaba first arrived he prattled on about how formations needed to be flexible and that the team need to be able to play more than one system. Yet we see no evidence of him putting this philosphy into practice.

He talks a lot, but actually says very little.

I don't think he's a very good manager and don't like the fact that he seems to suggest its the fans at don't get it. The system is not working and he does nothing to change it.

Its not working, however, I doubt it will be changed.

Agree Lord BJ.

We are seeing why he had a poor record as a manager, and was a manager in a footballing backwater. Add to that the 'Together' managerial system and it is a recipe for a repeat of last season.

After the first round of results, in your opinion as a spectator, has the insistance of playing one up front been a success with the personel we have available?
Its not been a success. It has it`s time and place but on the whole it`s negative and has contributed more to our lack of goals than the forwards lack of ability to score IMO.

Today we really needed to change it all but Csaba never budged. The thing is, i think we played well with it v the Sheep and the Hobos but against stronger opposition we need more presence upfront and that diddy Caldwell strutted about with his chest out strolling the game today, which really fecked me off. He should have been put under far more pressure.

south morocco

after 78 minutes or so today ,we pulled of bruno(argueably) a positive midfielder.2-0 down at home and put ruben on a defensive midfielder,to me that tells you everything you need to know,then mole comes on for nade,it seems two up front is a no no for csaba,the system he plays is wrong and rubbish,nade played well today doing the donkey work however he is supposed to be the finisher,no wonder he was ****ed!442 at home ,is it too much to ask?

after 78 minutes or so today ,we pulled of bruno(argueably) a positive midfielder.2-0 down at home and put ruben on a defensive midfielder,to me that tells you everything you need to know,then mole comes on for nade,it seems two up front is a no no for csaba,the system he plays is wrong and rubbish,nade played well today doing the donkey work however he is supposed to be the finisher,no wonder he was ****ed!442 at home ,is it too much to ask?

Aye, and ye still get some numpties moaning at him that he didn`t get in the box!

It`s getting really irritating that we continue with this formation. You can practice it all you want in training but you must have the players good enough to play it in competitive game, which we haven`t.

We`ve started the last 3 games terribly too. The ones at home being the most annoying. FFS , WE ARE AT HOME and it`s the opposition flying out the traps far quicker.

2 years ago we got pumped up and went out to get the upper hand in games early, now it`s all this slow, play yer way in bull sh it.

south morocco
Aye, and ye still get some numpties moaning at him that he didn`t get in the box!

It`s getting really irritating that we continue with this formation. You can practice it all you want in training but you must have the players good enough to play it in competitive game, which we haven`t.

We`ve started the last 3 games terribly too. The ones at home being the most annoying. FFS , WE ARE AT HOME and it`s the opposition flying out the traps far quicker.

2 years ago we got pumped up and went out to get the upper hand in games early, now it`s all this slow, play yer way in bull sh it.

exactly mate, it is very frustrating,we must play to our strengths ,nothing else

Would just like to say, I'm a bit pished and voted yes by mistake!

Or maybe I was being unconsciously sarcastic. Either way, 4-5-1 depresses me as much as it did last year when our footballing generals began employing it. In saying that, when you sell all your decent strikers, it does seem the natural formation.

Has it worked? Of course not.

Can it work? Only if we have the players that can play that formation

Do we have the players that can play that formation? No!!!!

Why the feck do we persist in playing that formation? Feck knows, but TBH we don't have the players to play a 4-4-2 either:(

IF we buy a goal scorer in January then maybe it can work, but up to now it's a no-brainer, it doesn't work, now can somebody PLEEEEASSE tell fecking Csaba.

There`s defo something really wrong about it. We never seem to have enough bodies going forward.

Everything is too slow when we get possession and the opposition have plenty time to get back behind the ball.

We basically don`t have enough quality for this formation. Your wide men have to have that ability to be positonally correct for both defensive and attacking instances.

And still, i haven`t witnessed a great cross from any of our widemen over the last few weeks! The best one today came from Nade in the first half when he found Chesney at the back door. Says it all.

Or maybe I was being unconsciously sarcastic. Either way, 4-5-1 depresses me as much as it did last year when our footballing generals began employing it. In saying that, when you sell all your decent strikers, it does seem the natural formation.

Oops no place to hide!!! LOL

Charlie-Brown

8 SPL teams have scored 12 or less goals (Hearts have scored 12) in 11 games so far which suggests that goalscoring is very tight across much of the SPL and we have seen this with so many games being won or lost by single goal margins - only the top 3 teams (Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell) and curiously Falkirk have scored more than 12 goals therefore it is defensive tightness and goals conceded that is determining points won or lost and thus league position......even Hibs with all their attacking flair & who have played with 3 strikers in Riordan, Nish & Fletcher haven't outscored Hearts in the SPL.

8 SPL teams have scored 12 or less goals (Hearts have scored 12) in 11 games so far which suggests that goalscoring is very tight across much of the SPL and we have seen this with so many games being won or lost by single goal margins - only the top 3 teams (Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell) and curiously Falkirk have scored more than 12 goals therefore it is defensive tightness and goals conceded that is determining points won or lost and thus league position......even Hibs with all their attacking flair & who have played with 3 strikers in Riordan, Nish & Fletcher haven't outscored Hearts in the SPL.

Fair point, CB.

Given this, the 72 posters that have voted have made it a staggering 100% response of "no".

I wonder if the "team" will continue to choose this formation.

We_are_the_Hearts

Let's be honest it was nothing to do with the formation yesterday. The Celtic players were a yard sharper and hungrier all over the park. We are just lucky they took their foot off the pedal!:(

Let's be honest it was nothing to do with the formation yesterday. The Celtic players were a yard sharper and hungrier all over the park. We are just lucky they took their foot off the pedal!:(

That may be the case but we have played 12 games this season and it has rarely worked.

We_are_the_Hearts
That may be the case but we have played 12 games this season and it has rarely worked.

Funnily enough I thought it worked well against Aberdeen and Hibs. Yesterday we sat too deep from the first kick off the ball. We need to defend higher up the pitch for it to be successful. We do seem unable to adapt during games and that is a worry.

Forever Maroon

What other formation can be used with the players currently at our disposal ?

What other formation can be used with the players currently at our disposal ?

Plenty, will they work, who knows until we give it a try. We are not getting the results with the current formation so nothing to lose imo.

Guest JamboRobbo

Working a treat IMO. We did really well to keep the score down yesterday.

I think if we'd played Jamie Mole from the start rather than Nade, the extra running Mole does might even have kept the score at 1-0 instead of two.

All hail the 4-5-1. Csaba is the man.

Also it is so predictable that we will play this formation. Other managers must be laughing their heads off knowing they can come to Tynecastle and attack because our team will all be in the midfield. They know exactly how we will set out our stall and know that our strikers are about as dangerous as a dog with a gun...

Tiberius Stinkfinger
If we started with Mole, Makela and Nade we would still not score goals.

We would see goals though.

Just not in the correct onion bag.

Archived