Eighth place after the first quarter. Thoughts?

Guest zeeko1

So folks, what are the thoughts with a quarter of the season gone? Eighth place is where Hearts finished last season so does this suggest nothing's changed or are there reasons to be more positive than last term?

i was thinking about this earlier on, pre-match. there hasn't been much change in us this season and i was thinking we could still struggle to make top six.

i'm not often as negative but unless we bring in SOMETHING of use in january i think we might well be donald ducked for a decent league placing

Crisis looming. All aboard the Bar Roma bus!

Our position is now indicative of a stupidly tight league sadly rather than us being as bad as last year. Time will tell.

Destruction Derby

I have already said this on another thread, nothing has changed, other than 3 good games this season (well,hobos,sheep) all our performances have been just as bad as last seasons, think we will struggle to make top 6, only points off a european place but i really can't see it. :(

Crisis looming. All aboard the Bar Roma bus!

Our position is now indicative of a stupidly tight league sadly rather than us being as bad as last year. Time will tell.

Bar Roma!? Mmmm....not been there for a long time, think i'll go for a meal there tonight, cheers for that!

rudi must stay
So folks, what are the thoughts with a quarter of the season gone? Eighth place is where Hearts finished last season so does this suggest nothing's changed or are there reasons to be more positive than last term?

we're only 8th because of how the tight the league is. If we win on Saturday and results go our way we could be back in third. That's a reason to be positive imo, no team has opened a gap between them in third and all the other teams

Nothing has changed other than the 'buzz' words. From BELIEVE which all but a few numnuts stopped doing long ago to TOGETHER which is the biggest falicy since Hibs last won the Scottish Cup. Tynie today was a truly depressing site and showed Heart of Midlothian Football Club to be anything but TOGETHER.

We are still a total shambles.

My thoughts are that we got beat off Celtic - who doesn't - we are 2 points off third - try not to get over excited about it.

If anything, I would say we are worse than last year.

Laszlo looks like he is just another Vlad yes man because we are picking the same players and playing the same formation that failed for us last year. Sticking to 4-5-1 when we are 0-2 down after about 20 minutes is just madness.

Same bizarre substitutions as last year as well. Zaliukas seems to be undroppable despite selling goals every week. Any manager picking their own team would drop players that constantly make horrendous errors.

The only hope is to get to January and get some massive rebuilding done to the team, but I said the same in Summer, and all we did was bring in Tullberg, who seems destined to remain on the treatment table. Which idiot signs an unproven injured player and pins their hope on them being the answer to your problems?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thoughts?

The players just aren't good enough.

We have found our true level I think.

If anything, I would say we are worse than last year.

Laszlo looks like he is just another Vlad yes man because we are picking the same players and playing the same formation that failed for us last year. Sticking to 4-5-1 when we are 0-2 down after about 20 minutes is just madness.

Same bizarre substitutions as last year as well. Zaliukas seems to be undroppable despite selling goals every week. Any manager picking their own team would drop players that constantly make horrendous errors.

The only hope is to get to January and get some massive rebuilding done to the team, but I said the same in Summer, and all we did was bring in Tullberg, who seems destined to remain on the treatment table. Which idiot signs an unproven injured player and pins their hope on them being the answer to your problems?

I agree. Same old same old.

The league position is deserved. We have also been emptied out of one of the 2 chances for silverware too.

Just had another thought. Would the OP still have posted this thread if we had somehow sneaked a wee win today and we were then third after the first quarter? Or is this just a knee-jerk reaction to getting beaten off Celtic.

Actually I think we have improved recently with our performances against Hibs and Aberdeen, and to be honest we should have won both these games, and if we had we would be sitting 2 points clear in third just now (assuming we didn't go into this game on a high and actually beat Celtic, in which case we could have been 5 points clear in third today) even after getting beat today. Today's performance was pretty dire TBH but i'm sure we can bounce back from it, i'm not panicing just yet.

rudi must stay
Thoughts?

The players just aren't good enough.

We have found our true level I think.

we got beat by Celtic. Who cares, we always do. Now we have easier games that we should win

Biggest crime is the wage bill compared to results. I wouldn't mind this league position if we had a wage bill of, and were paying the transfer fees of, a club that is in 8th place in the league. Fact is we have by far the biggest wage bill outside the weegie's but we do not have the best team outside the weegie's. Very very annoying but I guess they're vlads signings and it's his money he's wasting.

Added to that I know a few guys who play Saturday amateur who would do better than a few of the current 1st team squad, hell i'd say some of them are actually fitter than some of our players!

They'd play for half the money aswell, cash down the drain last season and this.

Snake Plissken

At least that's the Old Firm games out the way.

We seem to be more or less the same as last year.

Midfield better, defence worse, strikers the same.

Empty Zal

Sign a striker

Sorted.

Players haven't changed.

Tactics haven't changed.

Performances haven't changed.

So why should we expect our league position to change over last season ?

Snake Plissken
we got beat by Celtic. Who cares, we always do. Now we have easier games that we should win

Actually won the 4 of the last 10 so we're not THAT bad against Celtic - as for der hun :eek:

But its a fair point - who was really expecting a win today?

Hopefully the January transfer window will be used to ger rid of all the crap players we have on loan, get them off the wage bill, sell non triers like Kingston and hopefully invest the money in a decent central defender, a midfield ball winner and at leat one decent striker, hopfully Scottish or at least British.

Perhaps Obua Tullberg and Morovicz (SP?) may start to do something, but I doubt it.

If you exlcude Rangers and Celtic, which you really have to now, in terms of the "best of the rest" there really isn't much to choose between alot of the teams. I would expect Hearts to finish somewhere between 3rd and 8th and my predition would be 4th or 5th. If they buy 2 goalscorers in January they could finish 3rd however there's f*k all chance of that happening and there is just no way a team that scores as few goals as we do can could hope to finish that high.

My thoughts are that we got beat off Celtic - who doesn't - we are 2 points off third - try not to get over excited about it.

thats very true, and the OF have always been stronger than us (generally speaking)

for me though, its not just about the points off third place, its about the performance.

we're not firing anywhere near where we ought to be. we have a couple of good players here who never. or rarely perform to their abilities (yes, stand up larry) and other players who would be hard pressed to get a game for a pub team.

its just frustrating.

i never expected a win today, so my feelings haven't changed because of the result, but we have to all agree, we're pretty pish right now, and have been on a downaward spiral for far too long now

Wasn't expecting a win but some effort, commitment, organisation, shots at goal, tackles, sweat etc etc are surely not asking too much.

Shambles from start to finish and sadly it's becoming ever clearer why Csaba finds himself at HMFC.

The White Cockade

eighth last year

don't reckon we'll do any better this

why some on here keep saying we'll finish third beats me

the last 2 seasons have been the most woeful I can remember us as regards an attacking threat in my long stint as a Jambo

does anyone actually believe one up front is a good tactic?

not only do we hardly score any goals but we don't look like scoring either

the current efforts make Archie White and Pat Mcshane look like a decent forward line!

I've said it before but i'd rather see us playing an attacking game and getting a good few goals even if it meant a few hidings along the way

at least you would get excited occasionally

currently its like watching paint dry

The SPL is dire and we're one of the worst teams in it. Despite this, we are still only 2 points off 3rd. It's not crisis time yet, but Csaba has a lot of convincing to do. His tactics, team selection and indeed signings have suspect.

If they buy 2 goalscorers in January they could finish 3rd

Reading that it's like you're talking about a team you don't support.

Oh wait, It's Figoo.

Apologies.

x

[

I was expecting an EFFORT that didnt as usual happen, losing I can take rolling over is difficult to swallow.

QUOTE=Teenwolf;599082]Actually won the 4 of the last 10 so we're not THAT bad against Celtic - as for der hun :eek:

The league table never lies.

We're pish and going backwards quickly.

And if we'd won and we were now in third would it be lying then?

This place is ridiculous after a loss. Seriously did anyone actually expect to beat Celtic today? We may be pish as you say, but so are all the other teams outwith the OF, no reason to break out the sleeping pills just yet guys.

And if we'd won and we were now in third would it be lying then?

This place is ridiculous after a loss. Seriously did anyone actually expect to beat Celtic today? We may be pish as you say, but so are all the other teams outwith the OF, no reason to break out the sleeping pills just yet guys.

Re your first point.

The facts are we did lose and are 8th.

That's the truth, no lying. Any other outcome is fictional.

It's not got anything to do with results that didn't happen.

Point 2 - The perofrmance today was as bad as the 4-0 drubbing to the other half of the OF last season.

But we are supposed to be improving.

boabyarsebiscuit

The league table doesn't lie. We were pish last season. We're not much better this season.

Charlie-Brown

6 teams are separated by 2 points, 9 teams by just 7 points - everybody below the Old Firm is much of a muchness as results prove - we are no better nor any worse than any of the rest.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
6 teams are separated by 2 points, 9 teams by just 7 points - everybody below the Old Firm is much of a muchness as results prove - we are no better nor any worse than any of the rest.

...which means by your reckoning that we are as much in danger of relegation as the rest.

The difference between us and the rest is more competent management set ups, players with fight and spirit and far more teamwork.

Which all mean a great deal when you are at the ass end of the table.

...which means by your reckoning that we are as much in danger of relegation as the rest.

The difference between us and the rest is more competent management set ups, players with fight and spirit and far more teamwork.

Yes, it is conceivable that with the same bunch of players/hopeless manager/together managerial system that we could remain in relegation trouble by the split.

Charlie-Brown

We could just as easily be 3rd next saturday as well though FWJ - Hibs lost 4 to Celtic last saturday, Killie lost 3 on wednesday - what is matters is we put todays game behind us and concentrate on taking points off the teams around us, we play some of these teams in the forthcoming games.

portobellojambo1

Outwith the OF the rest of the league is quite tight, points wise. The rest of the teams will take points off each other, so it will be whoever succeeds in doing that most often who will get 3rd. What is liable to let us down, having a liability in central defence whose regular mistakes will give the opposition chances against us, and having a lack of a proven goalscorer who can convert the chances we do make. To me these are cosmetic problems which could be solved without a lot of thought or money.

badly drawn boy
If you exlcude Rangers and Celtic, which you really have to now, in terms of the "best of the rest" there really isn't much to choose between alot of the teams. I would expect Hearts to finish somewhere between 3rd and 8th and my predition would be 4th or 5th. If they buy 2 goalscorers in January they could finish 3rd however there's f*k all chance of that happening and there is just no way a team that scores as few goals as we do can could hope to finish that high.

HOG i have noticed you always use the words they , are you a Hearts supporter ?

Natural for me and i suspect most to say us or we in reference to HMFC

If your not a jambo , why are you pretending to be one

All seems a bit odd

Dagger Is Back
We could just as easily be 3rd next saturday as well though FWJ - Hibs lost 4 to Celtic last saturday, Killie lost 3 on wednesday - what is matters is we put todays game behind us and concentrate on taking points off the teams around us, we play some of these teams in the forthcoming games.

Couldn't agree more. We were ALWAYS going to lose today and we have NO chance of competing over a league season with the ugly sisters. It's nothing new. It's always been about beating the rest and hoping you scrape the odd point here and there against the OF.

The problem for us is that we're not capable of going and beating the rest on a regular basis.

Forget the OF and focus on the others.

Eight place? That doesn't mean a lot. We're in the chasing pack (well, you know, the chasing pack that will never catch the OF). There has been good, there has been bad, there has been average. It could go either way. I thought Csaba was going to bring so much more though, but it's early days yet so who can tell?

I think we are better than last season. Not massively, but if we had a striker who actually COULD score in a barrel of fhannies we'd be a lot higher than 8th.

Our season is all about what happens in January and whether Csaba is allowed to drop the horrendous Zaliukas.

If Romanov still wants to play silly ^^^^s then we're destined for more bottom 6 sheeite.

chester copperpot
I think we are better than last season. Not massively, but if we had a striker who actually COULD score in a barrel of fhannies we'd be a lot higher than 8th.

Our season is all about what happens in January and whether Csaba is allowed to drop the horrendous Zaliukas.

If Romanov still wants to play silly ^^^^s then we're destined for more bottom 6 sheeite.

I'd go along with that.

The sad fact is there's feck all to seperate 3rd to 12th in this league.

I'd go along with that.

The sad fact is there's feck all to seperate 3rd to 12th in this league.

Robbie coming back will make all the difference mate :)

chester copperpot
Robbie coming back will make all the difference mate :)

We getting Keane on loan from Liverpool likes. :)

same problems as the last two years. bad players, bad formation, bad tactics, bad subs. All still stinks of interferance. i dont expect any changes in january.

lets hope St Midden or hamilton have a worse season.

what was csabas prefered formations in his last jobs?

Strange wording.

jack D and coke

I'm just in and a bit bevvied but that was the easiest game they c**** have had at tynecastle for years. No fight, no nothing and the worst thing is they're crap an aw. :mad:

Archived