Next up.

Destruction Derby

Destruction Derby

2 points from the last 5 games.

The next 4 games will make or most probably break our season.

St Midden Away

Hamilton Home

Inverness Away

Falkirk Home

That SHOULD be 12 points and at least 10.How many do you think we will actually manage to get??

St Midden Away

Hamilton Home

Inverness Away

Falkirk Home

That SHOULD be 12 points and at least 10.How many do you think we will actually manage to get??

6 and thats winning at ICT

Snake Plissken

St Midden Away 1-1 Draw

Hamilton Home2-1 win

Inverness Away0-0 draw

Falkirk Home3-2 win

I reckon 8 points

St Midden Away

Hamilton Home

Inverness Away

Falkirk Home

On another thread your saying how pathetic we are,then you come on here and tell us we SHOULD get 10 points...so where do YOU stand on the next games:cool:

rudi must stay

St Midden Away

Hamilton Home

Inverness Away

Falkirk Home

Actually we've got 2 points out of the last 3 games. Which is alright imo. We had an off day today but that happens in football, we should win all those games

Destruction Derby
On another thread your saying how pathetic we are,then you come on here and tell us we SHOULD get 10 points...so where do YOU stand on the next games:cool:

5 points.

Draw st midden

Beat hamilton

lose inverness

Draw falkirk

When i said we SHOULD, i mean a team like Hearts should always be able to beat these teams, however, this season and this current team i very much doubt this is going to happen.

And as for the other thread,which was celtic related, We were absolutely pathetic.

rudi must stay
5 points.

Draw st midden

Beat hamilton

lose inverness

Draw falkirk

When i said we SHOULD, i mean a team like Hearts should always be able to beat these teams, however, this season and this current team i very much doubt this is going to happen.

And as for the other thread,which was celtic related, We were absolutely pathetic.

think that's overrly harsh tbh. We have definatly improved from last year

Destruction Derby
think that's overrly harsh tbh. We have definatly improved from last year

I wouldn't say so mate, pretty much the exact same team as last season, and still in the bottom 6 like last season,3 good performance this season out of 11 (Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen) is not an improvment in my eyes.

Actually we've got 2 points out of the last 3 games. Which is alright imo. We had an off day today but that happens in football, we should win all those games

Shame we usually have our "off days" against one of the bigott brothers. It may have been alright but remember we lost to Falkirk as well, 3 dropped there, a glaring miss from Nade against Hibs, 2 dropped there and Aberdeen are a poor team who we usually beat at Tynie, or at least we used to. Dundee Utd also.

rudi must stay
I wouldn't say so mate, pretty much the exact same team as last season, and still in the bottom 6 like last season,3 good performance this season out of 11 (Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen) is not an improvment in my eyes.

don't think you can say we're in the bottom six tbh, if we win and everyone else loses then we'll be third next week that's how tight the league is. Football isn't about performances either it's about results and we have ground out a few good results that we wouldn't have last year like the St Mirren game at Home, or Hamilton away

Destruction Derby
don't think you can say we're in the bottom six tbh, if we win and everyone else loses then we'll be third next week that's how tight the league is. Football isn't about performances either it's about results and we have ground out a few good results that we wouldn't have last year like the St Mirren game at Home, or Hamilton away

Tomorrow's paper will say were 8th, not 3rd.

FACT.END OFF.

rudi must stay

FACT.END OFF.

ye but we're 8th by not even a point, it's all down to goal difference.

Destruction Derby

Yeah, i know, i will be more than happy to say we're 3rd, next week, but unfortunately were not there at the moment, if the league had to split after this weeks games then we would be in the bottom 6 again, hence the reason i started the thread.

Sorry to sound ersey, just well pi$$ed off

St Midden Away

Hamilton Home

Inverness Away

Falkirk Home

Ask Foulkes, he usually gets his predictions right:)

• 3 weeks later...
portobellojambo1
Well we managed 12 points, table certainly looking a bit better. But has it made our season?

It has not made our season, all 38 games make our season, but it has certainly given us a platform on which to build or consolidate at the very least. If you ignore Rangers and Celtic we now have something, position wise, to hold onto going forward.

Doesn't matter how it is attained but 3rd position is well worth having, and if we do manage to hold onto it we can then have the period from end of May 2009 to around July 2009 to discuss if we will then strengthen for a wee bash at getting a UEFA Cup group place. :rolleyes:

Well we managed 12 points, table certainly looking a bit better. But has it made our season?

Dont get me wrong, a GREAT 12 points, but take each game on its own and its games we should always be marking down at the start of any season as being wins for us.

I think the next 6 games are the key to our WHOLE season.

Rangers - home

Motherwell - away

Celtic - away

Dundee Utd - home

Aberdeen - away

Hibs - home.

Four games that on paper could go either way, and two against teams we hardly ever get a result against.

I reckon 7 or 8 points from that is the minimum required to say for sure that we are on course for top six. Anything around 10 -12 points suggests third to me. More than 12 is getting close to Championship winning stuff (if we werent so far behind already)

As stated on another thread, three of those teams were beaten in the first phase of the season that saw us eighth. If we are to climb the league we needed to add to those wins and as of yesterday we have. Made our season? I dunno, for there to be improvement we would be higher than eighth by the end of game 22.

Sat 29 (H) Rangers

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell

Sat 13 (A) Celtic

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen

January

Fri 2 (H) Hibernian

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock

Going by the last phase of fixtures, we will get 5 points. Given the run of fixtures don't look too good, I would love to see us get 10 points out of that, however I may be being ambitious.

Only time will tell.

Everybody loves Baz
Dont get me wrong, a GREAT 12 points, but take each game on its own and its games we should always be marking down at the start of any season as being wins for us.

Rangers - home Draw

Motherwell - away Draw

Celtic - away loss

Dundee Utd - home Win/Draw

Aberdeen - away Draw

Hibs - home. Win

Four games that on paper could go either way, and two against teams we hardly ever get a result against.

I reckon 7 or 8 points from that is the minimum required to say for sure that we are on course for top six. Anything around 10 -12 points suggests third to me. More than 12 is getting close to Championship winning stuff (if we werent so far behind already)

Between 7 & 9 points is what i can see us getting

This is definately the crucial point in our season. At least we've won the last 4 which is some what of an insurance policy going into the next 6 games.

Sat 29 (H) Rangers - Loss.

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell - Win.

Sat 13 (A) Celtic - Loss.

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United - Draw.

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen - Draw.

January

Fri 2 (H) Hibernian - Win.

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock - Draw.

9 points for me.

Mac_fae_Gillie

nice "topped" post...

the results of November are great but even better in my view are the results of our Uefa rivals,DUTD/Aber/Killie,perhaps hibs. all dropped easy points and yesterday was near perfect for us just a last minute goal helping Dutd to 1point.

Still no other team seems settled so we have something to play for which always brings out the best in a team....

rudi must stay

FACT.END OFF.

and today's paper says we're clear in 3rd by 3 points. Also FACT

As stated on another thread, three of those teams were beaten in the first phase of the season that saw us eighth. If we are to climb the league we needed to add to those wins and as of yesterday we have. Made our season? I dunno, for there to be improvement we would be higher than eighth by the end of game 22.

Sat 29 (H) Rangers

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell

Sat 13 (A) Celtic

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen

January

Fri 2 (H) Hibernian

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock

Going by the last phase of fixtures, we will get 5 points. Given the run of fixtures don't look too good, I would love to see us get 10 points out of that, however I may be being ambitious.

Only time will tell.

Mmm...

Rangers (h) L 0-2

Motherwell (a) W 2-0

Celtic (a) L 0-1

Dundee United (h) L 0-2

Aberdeen (a) D 0-0

Hibernian (h) W 1-0

Kilmarnock (a) D 1-1

8 points - which'd be fine in terms of the top 4 with an easier clutch of fixtures following on. If we take 13, our realistic best case scenario it seems to me, we'd be nailed on for 3rd place; and a mere five would be OK in terms of the top six. By the way BH, you've broken your Old Firm rule in the above post: tch tch! I'm disappointed in you, man! ;)

Mmm...

Rangers (h) L 0-2

Motherwell (a) W 2-0

Celtic (a) L 0-1

Dundee United (h) L 0-2

Aberdeen (a) D 0-0

Hibernian (h) W 1-0

Kilmarnock (a) D 1-1

8 points - which'd be fine in terms of the top 4 with an easier clutch of fixtures following on. If we take 13, our realistic best case scenario it seems to me, we'd be nailed on for 3rd place; and a mere five would be OK in terms of the top six. By the way BH, you've broken your Old Firm rule in the above post: tch tch! I'm disappointed in you, man! ;)

ARRGHHH!!! :mad:

It wasn't me, it was the Hearts official site. Apologies to any kids that may see those two horrible words.

A game at Celtic Park is a write-off, expect nothing, anything gained is a surprise.

The vermin won comfortably at Motherwell, I expect us to win there too. We have a very good record there in recent seasons. Aberdeen will be a tricky game but again, we have a decent record up there. A draw is probably likely. We'll beat hibs, of course. Rangers - there's no pressure on us in that one, again anything gained will be a bonus.

The Dundee United one's the big one for me. Tactics may play a part but it'll depend on who wants it more.

Mmm...

Rangers (h) L 0-2

Motherwell (a) W 2-0

Celtic (a) L 0-1

Dundee United (h) L 0-2

Aberdeen (a) D 0-0

Hibernian (h) W 1-0

Kilmarnock (a) D 1-1

It's difficult to tell how many points would be enough for a given placing as it's dependant on whether a strong rival emerges but a look at past history suggests 9 points is a good benchmark.

The teams we've had to beat to take 3rd are the teams who finished top aside from the Old Firm and ourselves.

2001-02: 58 (Livingston)

2002-03: 57 (Kilmarnock)

2003-04: 53 (Dunfermline)

2004-05: 61 (Hibs)

2005-06: 56 (Hibs)

2006-07: 65 (Aberdeen)

2007-08: 60 (Motherwell)

They went into the split with the following totals

2001-02: 49 (Livingston)

2002-03: 50 (Kilmarnock)

2003-04: 47 (Dunfermline)

2004-05: 56 (Hibs)

2005-06: 52 (Hibs)

2006-07: 57 (Aberdeen)

2007-08: 52 (Motherwell)

Average: 51.9

52 looks like the most likely magic number.

To get there we need to average 17 or 18 points out of each round of 11 games.

We were a little bit off the pace in the first round of games

If we can pick up another 9 from the next 7 (to take us to 35 from 22) we'll be bang on the pace with some kind of momentum.

Sat 29 (H) Rangers

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell

Sat 13 (A) Celtic

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen

January

Fri 2 (H) Hibernian

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock

Only time will tell.

BH, if you were to take the official site as gospel, you'd be going to the game a day early too!

Rangers - home

Motherwell - away

Celtic - away

Dundee Utd - home

Aberdeen - away

Hibs - home.

In the last round of fixtures, the results of the above games were;

Rangers away - lost 0-2

Motherwell home - won 3-2

Celtic home - lost 0-2

Dundee United away - lost 0-3

Aberdeen home - draw 1-1

Hibs away - draw 1-1

I think improvement is neccessary if we are going to prove we are serious about a European bid.

Rangers 1-2

Motherwell 1-0

Celtic 0-2

Dundee U 0-1

Aberdeen 1-0

Hibs 3-1

Excluding the OF games, 9 out of 12 wouldn't be bad, it would keep us up there going into the final round of games before the split.

Also, while looking at some stats, I seen that we are the BEST team in the spl at keeping leads, we have never lost a lead, we have always won when scoring first, 7 games, 7 wins. Our resolve is also improving on our record last season, we have managed to win 5 points from being behind in a game.

Rangers (h) - L

Motherwell (a) - W

Celtic (a) - L

Dundee United (h) - W

Aberdeen (a) - D

Hibernian (h) - W

Kilmarnock (a) - W

I suspect Dundee United at home will be the key match. We're a harder team to beat now than we were at Tannadice back in September, and on current form I'd be quietly confident we could grind out a narrow win. Hamilton showed the way yesterday.

Rangers (h) - L

Motherwell (a) - W

Celtic (a) - L

Dundee United (h) - W

Aberdeen (a) - D

Hibernian (h) - W

Kilmarnock (a) - W

I suspect Dundee United at home will be the key match. We're a harder team to beat now than we were at Tannadice back in September, and on current form I'd be quietly confident we could grind out a narrow win. Hamilton showed the way yesterday.

They did. My concern, though, is we're traditionally rubbish in the run-up to Xmas - while conversely are often at our most productive in February and March.

Miller Jambo 60
Sat 29 (H) Rangers - Loss.

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell - Win.

Sat 13 (A) Celtic - Loss.

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United - Draw.

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen - Draw.

January

Fri 2 (H) Hibernian - Win.

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock - Draw.

9 points for me.

United have collapsed ,played well when their chairman died.

Sums up football players.

Lazy bassas

United have collapsed ,played well when their chairman died.

Sums up football players.

Lazy bassas

They've taken one point from 2 games, Doug. 'Collapsed'? Arf!

Sat 29 (H) Rangers 1-0

December

Sat 6 (A) Motherwell 0-1

Sat 13 (A) Celtic 0-1

Sat 20 (H) Dundee United 1-0

Sat 27 (A) Aberdeen 0-1

January

Sat 3 (H) Hibernian 1-0

Sat 17 (A) Kilmarnock 0-1

That'll do for me.

Archived