Lifted.

Destruction Derby

what the minority of the hearts were singing were not against the law if you are refering to big jock knew and celtic boys club

agreed

Good attempt to deflect the question but you are basically admitting your a hypocrite.

You either condemn offensive/illegal songs full stop or you don't, you cant choose to report celtic etc and make a big fuss whilst ignoring the fact our own support did the exact same. Especially if your going to the effort to report it and the such.

You really are a grade A mod edit. How in the hell can you come onto a forum on the internet and question someone about there parenting skills. From where I am viewing this he was perfectly correct to explain what they were singing about but also stress that it is morally wrong.

agreed

So what your basically saying is your both quite happy to turn a blind eye to the offensive and illegal songs sung by hearts fans but are quite happy to make a big fuss about the celtic ones?

I dont like what they sing, but I am not going to embarass myself by trying to act like some better human being and go crying to the SFA etc whilst completely ignoring the fact people round me, people I would have more chance of identifying and doing something about.

I also still dont believe young children come out at football and ask about the songs that are being sung. I think its a line drawn out by drama queens to suit.

all my opinion of course

So what your basically saying is your both quite happy to turn a blind eye to the offensive and illegal songs sung by hearts fans but are quite happy to make a big fuss about the celtic ones?

I dont like what they sing, but I am not going to embarass myself by trying to act like some better human being and go crying to the SFA etc whilst completely ignoring the fact people round me, people I would have more chance of identifying and doing something about.

I also still dont believe young children come out at football and ask about the songs that are being sung. I think its a line drawn out by drama queens to suit.

all my opinion of course

i can assure you right now my son asked me why they where singing, oh the we huns are *****e, and go home ya huns go home. i take you do not have kids otherwise you would know that kids do ask these kind of things.:(

L+B Police are **** and s-hite bags like the smelltic fans.. Ofcourse there not gonna do anything about it..

Geoff Kilpatrick

A few points: -

1. Septic will wash their hands of all responsibility as we sold the tickets.

2. If we had a better team worth watching, there would be less of them in the ground.

3. The best way to shut people like this up is to score - it took us 82 minutes to get a shot on target.

4. There is an element in our support who think anything is fair game against Septic. Why they don't get as belligerent against any other opponent is for them to explain.

5. The authorities will do nothing.

The rights and wrongs of all of this have been done to death on here. A couple of seasons ago, this was barely an issue as we wear tearing them a new one at Tynecastle.

Like the famine song.

Like up to our knees in fenian blood.

Like the guy who I told to go and support Rangers when he was singing the famine song who told me to eff off as they are, and I quote, 'good proddy songs'

Specific enough?

The Hearts fans round me were far more sectarian than the tattie munchers unfortunately. Not impressive.

Personally, I don't care what they sing, or what our fans sing. Whilst my preference is not to hear bile from either set of fans, I have to be honest and say I have never yet been offended by a single song I have heard at a football match and think I am unlikely to be at any time in the future.

What I do object to is the powers that be - sfa, police, government etc - making a decision to get rid of this sort of stuff and then not treating everyone the same. I promise you that HMFC will be the first team to be punished for sectarian singing and this is what I object to. There is no doubt that both members of the old **** are much much worse than us in this department, but we are an easy target and they will use us to set an example. I watched the game in the boozer yesterday and the only song I picked up on was an "up the ra" chant. If action is taken against HMFC and not them, we must fight it all the way. As a club, we cannot bend over and let the SFA shaft us again. :mad:

Some erse near me at the game thought it would be good to give Ra Sellick fans a Nazi salute.

Before anyone starts to give it "oh it was probably a Red Hand salute", yes he did one of those too, but then it clearly went into a Nazi/fascist salute (even down to a Basil Fawltyesque finger under the nose to signify a toothbrush moustache).

Quite disgraceful given the heritage of our club and the loss it sustained during two world wars.

People like that are as verminous as the other lot are.

Forever Maroon

With all the recent publicity surrounding the ?Famine Song? & reading this thread about what we/they sung yesterday ? it got me thinking about the Scottish National Anthem.

O flower of Scotland

When will we see your like again

That fought and died for

Your wee bit hill and glen

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

The hills are bare now

And autumn leaves lie thick and still

O'er land that is lost now

Which those so dearly held

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

Those days are passed now

And in the past they must remain

But we can still rise now

And be the nation again

That stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

Sending the English home is the jist of this song.

So ? are the powers that be going to start arresting everyone at the upcoming international with Argentina ?

I wonder !!

Some erse near me at the game thought it would be good to give Ra Sellick fans a Nazi salute.

Before anyone starts to give it "oh it was probably a Red Hand salute", yes he did one of those too, but then it clearly went into a Nazi/fascist salute (even down to a Basil Fawltyesque finger under the nose to signify a toothbrush moustache).

Quite disgraceful given the heritage of our club and the loss it sustained during two world wars.

People like that are as verminous as the other lot are.

Would it have been better if he was waving his wee red book at them comrade? ;)

Just as a side issue, Are the police allowed to take photographs of people leaving Robbos ?

Guest JamboRobbo
Just as a side issue, Are the police allowed to take photographs of people leaving Robbos ?

From what I've seen of the folks going in and out of Robbos, it wouldn't be advisable, unless they have a protective lense fitted to their camera to save it cracking.

Personally, I don't care what they sing, or what our fans sing. Whilst my preference is not to hear bile from either set of fans, I have to be honest and say I have never yet been offended by a single song I have heard at a football match and think I am unlikely to be at any time in the future.

What I do object to is the powers that be - sfa, police, government etc - making a decision to get rid of this sort of stuff and then not treating everyone the same. I promise you that HMFC will be the first team to be punished for sectarian singing and this is what I object to. There is no doubt that both members of the old **** are much much worse than us in this department, but we are an easy target and they will use us to set an example. I watched the game in the boozer yesterday and the only song I picked up on was an "up the ra" chant. If action is taken against HMFC and not them, we must fight it all the way. As a club, we cannot bend over and let the SFA shaft us again. :mad:

But the club will not come out and defend itself.

I hate Celtic, but their PR team are brilliant. They have everyone who matters in their back pocket and they know it. Their boardroom has done a fantastic job in making that club the establishment team who can do no wrong.

L&B are sh*tebags of KB levels though.

From what I've seen of the folks going in and out of Robbos, it wouldn't be advisable, unless they have a protective lense fitted to their camera to save it cracking.

so true! :4_1_72:

MacDonald Jardine
The singing from some of our 'fans' was just as bad if not worse in my opinion.

What a load of nonsense.

The famine song isn't sectarian or racist, to claim otherwise is irresponsible. It's poking fun at their "plastic paddy" mentality - if they love the place that much, why don't they go back there? After all, there's nothing to stop them now.

That's the only point made in the chorus. There's nothing in any way sectarian or racist about that.

Guest JamboRobbo
The famine song isn't sectarian or racist, to claim otherwise is irresponsible.

It shocking. How can fair minded people be so irresponsible as to say these horrible things about the nice wee nursery rhymes the kids like to sing on their way to playgroup.

Before you know it, the PC brigade will be jumping on the easily offended bus to claim it's irresponsible to speak about a song.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Afraid so Tom.

In saying that you did look up for bother yesterday:balmoral:

With all the recent publicity surrounding the ?Famine Song? & reading this thread about what we/they sung yesterday ? it got me thinking about the Scottish National Anthem.

O flower of Scotland

That fought and died for

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

The hills are bare now

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

And be the nation again

That stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

So ? are the powers that be going to start arresting everyone at the upcoming international with Argentina ?

I wonder !!

i doubt it. here are two key reasons for this. firstly, "those days are passed now. and in the past, they must remain" which suggests that this has been consigned to history.

secondly, our national anthem is welcome (not necessarily respected) whenever we play at grounds in England for football, rugby, cricket etc. i don't think the likes of the famine song etc will ever be played at the home ground of the perpetrators, never mind the away venues.

It shocking. How can fair minded people be so irresponsible as to say these horrible things about the nice wee nursery rhymes the kids like to sing on their way to playgroup.

Before you know it, the PC brigade will be jumping on the easily offended bus to claim it's irresponsible to speak about a song.

Good reply, kiddo, in that it didn't even come close to almost nearly trying to answer the point made. What's racist or sectarian about it?

There's nothing racist or sectarian about the Celtic Boys Club songs, either. These songs remind them of a disgraceful chapter in their club's history which is still swept under the carpet by their club and the media at large.

Patrick Bateman

There's nothing racist or sectarian about the Celtic Boys Club songs, either. These songs remind them of a disgraceful chapter in their club's history which is still swept under the carpet by their club and the media at large.

Hardly swept under the carpet, the man responsible was jailed for several years and the Daily Record covered it in close detail. Unless you have a thing for reading about child sex offenders, I'd say the matter is closed.

Singing about Celtic boys club is not sectarian and it is not racist. What it is, is absolutely disgusting point scoring over a horrible subject. The songs the Celtic fans sing are outrageous and wrong.

But to be honest, far too many Hearts fans sing ludicrous songs and the only defence for singing them is, 'but they do it too'. There was a guy in section G yesterday singing 'who s*****d all the boys?' and it was accompanied with thrusting motion. So to be fair, as much as I hate Celtic and their choice of songs, I am more concerned about idiots like this in our support who mimick having sex with a small boy.

I sit amongst people like this every week and it's really starting to **** me off.

Hardly swept under the carpet, the man responsible was jailed for several years and the Daily Record covered it in close detail. Unless you have a thing for reading about child sex offenders, I'd say the matter is closed.

Fair enough. I suppose that what I should've said was that it's something that Dhims fans themselves are all too happy to sweep under the carpet when they're eulogising about how fine an instutution their club is.

Out of interest, does anyone have anything to say on my comments regarding the famine song, or will you all just be back on the next thread about it saying that it's sectarian again?

Guest JamboRobbo

Out of interest, does anyone have anything to say on my comments regarding the famine song, or will you all just be back on the next thread about it saying that it's sectarian again?

Other than the small minority of absolute numpties who spend most of their time arguing over what is racist/sectarian, and whether rangers or celtic are the biggest bunch of bigots, defending the ****e they sing whilst jumping on the easily offended bus at anything the other "side" sings, I don't think any sensible person actually gives a **** what the bigots sing at each other.

Other than the small minority of absolute numpties who spend most of their time arguing over what is racist/sectarian, and whether rangers or celtic are the biggest bunch of bigots, defending the ****e they sing whilst jumping on the easily offended bus at anything the other "side" sings, I don't think any sensible person actually gives a **** what the bigots sing at each other.

You were keen enough to discuss it when you posted this :

O flower of Scotland

That fought and died for

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

The hills are bare now

And stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

And be the nation again

That stood against him

Proud Edward's army

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

I wonder !!

JOCK!

Guest JamboRobbo
You were keen enough to discuss it when you posted this :

I was taking the **** out of those brain dead enough to care about this sort of ****e.

I was taking the **** out of those brain dead enough to care about this sort of ****e.

Me being called brain dead by you doesn't even merit a defence. It's laughable.

The polis and stewards are a waste of space and money. A crowd of us had an argument with them when the **** started their ira chants etc, basically told the polis they were cowards and bullies that they only do something when its a couple of people but when there is the amount there was singing it they **** themselves. I was actually threatened to be removed from the ground for complaining about those **** snging ira songs, which is illegal under the terrorism act. Totally disgracefull, if it wasnt for the fact there were a lot of the people around me backing me up Im sure i would have been removed.

Guest JamboRobbo
Me being called brain dead by you doesn't even merit a defence. It's laughable.

Well, I ain't the grown man getting hot and bothered over whether some stupid nursery rhymes are considered sectarian or not by others. :rofl:

Well, I ain't the grown man getting hot and bothered over whether some stupid nursery rhymes are considered sectarian or not by others. :rofl:

I'm not hot and bothered. I'm posting about it as I think that it could be used in a discussion. Have you been hot and bothered every single time that you ever discussed anything on here?

For someone who isn't hot and bothered, you do seem to be following me around a bit today.

I Got My name taken In section G for singing with the rest of the fans was a disgrace

* hint hint * i had a t-shirt on i shouldn't have. they said i could get thrown out for this offence.

they asked me if i was still at school or working or unemployed i answered unemployed and got embarressed.

:eek:

You will now be welcomed in the location below.

800px-Photo-0080.jpg

We have a lot of **** bags. However anyone who tries to say we are WORSE than those disgusting vhile disgusting creatures is clearly a dirty weidgie wannabe. Good luck in Glasgow with the rest of the vhile creatures.

I hope that post wasn't the reason you are suspended cos that is a disgrace, mods.

Maybe we should organise a collection to pay the bus fare for some of our 'fans'

I hope that post wasn't the reason you are suspended cos that is a disgrace, mods.

Maybe we should organise a collection to pay the bus fare for some of our 'fans'

Maybe you should take yourself along too easter rd if your not happy.

Maybe you should take yourself along too easter rd if your not happy.

Is this your YourTube profile?

http://uk.youtube.com/user/thepopeisdeed

thepopeisdeed

Thanks Mate :)

I Didn't actually put the banner up myself.

i gave it too them too show. so i didn't get lifted cause i was already on a warning for my KING BILLY TOP.

thepopeisdeed

hello hello is not sectarian there are other words that get used in this song on this occasion we chose too sing fenian.

Archived